Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've all been right:
    - "All lives matter" indicates "Black lives matter"
    - "Black lives matter" neither indicates "All lives matter" nor "Other lives don't matter"

That's the semantics part. In an ideal world, "all lives matter" would be the fairest way to word it, but there's a part of society that's clearly disadvantaged, and that disadvantage would remain unnoticed if their situation wasn't highlighted in particular as part of the phrasing.
    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
    and everything you stand for?
    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• “All lives matter” detracts from the issue though, it tries to shift the focus away from black people. It’s not even true anyway - how can all lives matter until black lives matter?

Comment

• Time to trot this iconic strip out:

Comment

• There's a pandemic on. Everybody's house is on fire.

Comment

• Sometimes I wonder where all the protests will lead to - unity or more division? At what point do people start to say, ok we’ve made considerable progress, let’s start doing things differently now with this movement.
            And unfortunately I notice a lot of people are doing the BLM hashtags and campaigns outside the US not because they care but because it’s trendy.

Comment

• I wrote the same, SpyVsSpy , in a different forum and people wouldn't believe me that there are people who only use BLM for self-promotion. It's basically been like that with MeToo and FFF as well: I admire everyone whose dedication to fight social issues comes naturally, but I'm not fully convinced if people just join because they want to be part of the movement of the moment.
              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
              and everything you stand for?
              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
              just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• There are bandwagon jumpers with every movement and hashtag, true.

Comment

• https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/po...il-2015/11/06/

Wow, fascinating story - amazing that we were paying reparations until 2015.

Comment

• All lives don’t matter until Black Lives do. All lives are not out here being murdered because of their skin tone. All lives don’t have to deal with the Police intentionally plotting against them. All lives don’t experience racism just because of the color of their skin when they’re out in public. Nobody is saying every other race doesn’t matter... BLM is simply saying stop treating black lives like we are disposable! We have families and loved ones just like anyone else, we matter bitch. Some of y’all need a reality check, fast. This has been going on for years. Racist Wypipo (& others who are brainwashed) are just losing their shit because we ain’t going for it anymore.

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• NBA players have boycotted their faceoff matches last night. Now that's a strong message and action!
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Working...
                          X