Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You've all been right:
    - "All lives matter" indicates "Black lives matter"
    - "Black lives matter" neither indicates "All lives matter" nor "Other lives don't matter"

That's the semantics part. In an ideal world, "all lives matter" would be the fairest way to word it, but there's a part of society that's clearly disadvantaged, and that disadvantage would remain unnoticed if their situation wasn't highlighted in particular as part of the phrasing.
    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
    and everything you stand for?
    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• “All lives matter” detracts from the issue though, it tries to shift the focus away from black people. It’s not even true anyway - how can all lives matter until black lives matter?

Comment

• Time to trot this iconic strip out:

Comment

• There's a pandemic on. Everybody's house is on fire.

Comment

• Sometimes I wonder where all the protests will lead to - unity or more division? At what point do people start to say, ok we’ve made considerable progress, let’s start doing things differently now with this movement.
            And unfortunately I notice a lot of people are doing the BLM hashtags and campaigns outside the US not because they care but because it’s trendy.

Comment

• I wrote the same, SpyVsSpy , in a different forum and people wouldn't believe me that there are people who only use BLM for self-promotion. It's basically been like that with MeToo and FFF as well: I admire everyone whose dedication to fight social issues comes naturally, but I'm not fully convinced if people just join because they want to be part of the movement of the moment.
              Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
              and everything you stand for?
              Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
              just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• There are bandwagon jumpers with every movement and hashtag, true.

Comment

• https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/po...il-2015/11/06/

Wow, fascinating story - amazing that we were paying reparations until 2015.

Comment

• All lives don’t matter until Black Lives do. All lives are not out here being murdered because of their skin tone. All lives don’t have to deal with the Police intentionally plotting against them. All lives don’t experience racism just because of the color of their skin when they’re out in public. Nobody is saying every other race doesn’t matter... BLM is simply saying stop treating black lives like we are disposable! We have families and loved ones just like anyone else, we matter bitch. Some of y’all need a reality check, fast. This has been going on for years. Racist Wypipo (& others who are brainwashed) are just losing their shit because we ain’t going for it anymore.

Comment

• Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• NBA players have boycotted their faceoff matches last night. Now that's a strong message and action!
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Breonna Taylor: Police officer charged over raid that saw fatal shooting

A grand jury has charged one police officer over the raid which resulted in the fatal shooting of Breonna Taylor at her home in the US state of Kentucky.

Ms Taylor, 26, a hospital emergency room technician, was shot multiple times during the raid on 13 March.

Her death has become a rallying cry for anti-racism protesters, who called for the three officers involved to be arrested and charged.

Officials earlier agreed to pay her family $12m (9.3m) in a settlement.

Brett Hankison has been charged with three counts of "wanton endangerment" over shots that were fired into a neighbouring apartment.

He was fired from the Louisville Metro Police Department in June after investigators found he had "wantonly and blindly fired 10 rounds" into the apartment, according to his termination letter.

The other two officers who discharged their weapons that night - Jonathan Mattingly and Myles Cosgrove - have not been charged.

A state of emergency was declared in Louisville ahead of the announcement on Wednesday.

Mayor Greg Fischer also set a 21:00-06:30 curfew in the city that will remain in place for the next 72 hours. He earlier said he had declared a state of emergency "due to the potential for civil unrest".

Demonstrations over Ms Taylor's death have been held in the city for more than 100 consecutive days. Police have closed traffic on certain streets where protests have been prevalent and barricades have been erected around the city centre.

What happened to Ms Taylor?

Ms Taylor was at home in Louisville on 13 March when police officers entered her apartment shortly after midnight, her family says.

Narcotics officers raided her home and used a battering ram to take her front door off its hinges. No drugs were found on her property and Ms Taylor had no criminal record.

Police were acting on a controversial type of search warrant -

known as a "no-knock" warrant - that allows police to enter a home without warning. Police claim they knocked and announced themselves before entering, but Ms Taylor's family and a neighbour have disputed this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54273317

Comment

• Ugh
                              Last edited by KEY9481; Wed September 23, 2020, 22:34.
                              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Only one was charged. That is f****** unbelievable. I am just truly heated right now.

He is only charged for the bullets that went into the neighbors apartments. Not for Breonna Taylor.
                                Last edited by TIfan; Wed September 23, 2020, 21:10.
                                Diva!!!

Comment

• Fcuk that "justice system". People have every right to be mad, they are not safe even in their own bed.
                                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan View Post
                                    Only one was charged. That is f****** unbelievable. I am just truly heated right now.

He is only charged for the bullets that went into the neighbors apartments. Not for Breonna Taylor.
                                    “Wanton endangerment” to be precise - please, what a load of crap. Those charges are not at all proportionate, terrible.

Comment

• It’s sad and frustrating that I didnt expect otherwise. The stories always take the same shameful trajectory.
                                      See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                                      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Un-freaking-real.

A man kills his neighbor, pleads guilty, but is not criminally charged.
                                        https://patch.com/maryland/glenburni...n-hospitalized

I am so over it.

Young African American Tyrique Hudson was denied protection by the court from his neighbor. His neighbor then kills him. The man pleads guilty and is not criminally charged for the crime.

Un-*******-real
                                        Last edited by TIfan; Mon September 28, 2020, 21:36.
                                        Diva!!!

Comment

• lost for words tbh...

The police officer who fatally shot Breonna Taylor is crowdfunding money to retire

(CNN)The Louisville police officer who fatally shot Breonna Taylor is currently raising money to fund his retirement.

Detective Myles Cosgrove was one of three Louisville officers who fired shots into Taylor's apartment last March after breaking in to serve a search warrant related to Taylor's ex-boyfriend.

Taylor, an emergency room technician, died from multiple gunshot wounds sustained in the botched raid.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/30/u...rnd/index.html
                                          I’m not providing a link but I did check and he’s raised over $52k so far.

Comment

• Appalling.

Comment

Working...
                                            X