No announcement yet.

Lady Antebellum is changing its name to Lady A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad you’re here jio, I agree with a lot of what you write, I think you are a voice of reason and common sense.
    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Interesting discussion between jio and Michiel
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

It's completely ridiculous and shows how fake some people are since this is obviously just an attempt to seem "woke". You also have to admire the irony in Lady Antebellum changing their name to avoid seeming racist... while inadvertently angering a Black woman.

Comment

Removing statues and changing names and erasing words only hide racism, not tackle it. ”You dont see it in my house so that proves it doesn’t exist.” But it’s there under the carpet. Racism cannot be solved until humans let go of our tribal mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
            Removing statues and changing names and erasing words only hide racism, not tackle it. ”You dont see it in my house so that proves it doesn’t exist.” But it’s there under the carpet. Racism cannot be solved until humans let go of our tribal mentality.
            I kind of understand the statue thing, since statues are a sign of reverence - but instead of taking them down entirely, adding the appropriate context would probably be a better way. Kind of turning them into a cautionary reminder.
            But I also hate the fact that people constantly yell "blackface" when someone darkens their face regardless of context or "cultural appropriation" when a child dresses up as a Native American for Halloween. So I guess I'm not "woke" enough to partake in the discussion...

For me, it always boils down to the same thing: It's the intent and the context that counts in any given situation, nothing else. Forbidding certain actions or censoring certain words/names does nothing to eliminate the problem. It's the equivalent of putting duct tape over your car's warning light. You might not see the problem anymore, but if you keep driving without ever going to a workshop, it will break down sooner or later.

When has censoring ever changed someone's mindset? If anything, it creates even more resistance. And that's exactly what the orange clown is using for vote baiting right now. Can't even blame him for that.

Comment

I also dont think I’m woke enough for cultural appropriation outrage, especially the ones that happen these days. To me a black woman wearing a kimono, or a chinese woman braiding her hair or a white guy dressing as a Native American just for fun aren’t cultural appropriation. But there’s a vocal section of society that disagrees with me. I guess soon we’ll be canceled for attempting to cook pasta when you’re not Italian. The kind of appropriation that deserves outrage is when an ethnic group is being cleansed and parts of their culture or lifestyle is claimed by their tormentors.

Comment

Close this before y’all embarrass yourselves even further with your third world ethics, if that were even possible.

I’ve never seen this amount of brain-deficiency in my whole time here. And of course, I’m not surprised to see which parties were involved.
                Last edited by Goldmoney; Wed July 8, 2020, 18:30.
                Originally posted by beredy
                When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Hey, cool yourself down please and try and refrain from the ‘brain deficiency’ talk...no need to be nasty and I’ve seen you say some very toxic things on here before without anyone batting an eyelid. Also the idea of having to ban or shutdown anyone who thinks differently to you is something else I don’t agree with. Not everybody has your world view, get over it.

I don’t want this thread to turn into a slanging match but I feel like I had to say something...it seems impossible to talk about anything even remotely political on this site without it becoming toxic.

I don’t know about you but I’d prefer to talk to each like adults and with a bit of respect.
                  My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

Country band Lady A files suit against singer who has used name for 30 years

>>>>>>>>>>> LAST.FM <<<<<<<<<

Comment

I don't think that this will do their reputation any favors, but if it makes them happy...
                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                      and everything you stand for?
                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Literally 0 brain cells. I hope the artist gets to keep her name.
                        Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

Servers them right. I hope they lose the case.

Comment

They changed the name so they don't seem racist and now they sue a black artist for the name use?

Have they got any brains between the three of them?
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

In fairness some reports say ORIGINAL Lady A asked for 10 mil..... Seems a bit much. So I don't know what to think!
                              Love you like a love song!

Comment

Whatever happens, the lawyers gain

Comment

Working...
                                X