Katie Hopkins permanently banned from Twitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katie Hopkins permanently banned from Twitter

Katie Hopkins permanently suspended from Twitter after violating Hateful Conduct policy

Katie Hopkins’ Twitter account has been permanently suspended due to ‘hateful conduct’.

When attempting to access the far-right commentator and columnist’s Twitter account, users are met with a message that reads: ‘Account suspended. ‘Twitter suspends accounts which violate the Twitter rules.’

A spokesperson for Twitter told Metro.co.uk in a statement: ‘Keeping Twitter safe is a top priority for us – abuse and hateful conduct have no place on our service and we will continue to take action when our Rules are broken.

‘In this case, the account has been permanently suspended for violations of our Hateful Conduct policy.’

Hopkins previously had her Twitter account suspended for violating its anti-hate policy earlier this year.

She also tweeted earlier on Friday that her blue verification tick had been removed. Her suspension comes after a petition calling for her to be removed from the platform passed 70,000 signatures.

Just last month, Hopkins hit out at Little Mix star Jesy Nelson, writing of her Instagram photos: ‘These desperate daily pics are showing that contrivance of a documentary to be darn insincere. ‘Girls. Be better than this. Beauty is in strength, not weakness that needs validating daily.’

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/19/katie...oved-12877301/
    What a nice way to end the week! Bye Katie.

Who's Katie Hopkins ?

Comment

I don't even know who she is, but I'm assuming this is a case of "good riddance"...?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
        I don't even know who she is, but I'm assuming this is a case of "good riddance"...?
        Oh yea... She is of the most execrable kind.
        ​​​​
        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Oh you need to read up on her.

She is one of the most foul people ever - she's a huge Trump supporter and a complete twit.

She uses her platform to preach hatred against so many minority UK groups from Muslims to LGBT (predominantly T) to refugees.

She once compared refugees to cockroaches and stated gunships should stop them escaping their war-torn countries.

She stated that the wife of Ed Miliband (UK politician who's parents fled the gas chambers of WW2) should be gassed.

She said that the photo of the dead child from Syria on a British beach who had fled Syria was staged.

She said dementia sufferers should not "block beds" in hospitals or homes stating "what's the point of life?".

She's said many horrible things, from comparing Muslim men to terrorists or al-Qaeda to mocking people's mental health (she doesn't believe men struggle with mental health), to attacking women who breastfeed - countless horrible comments.

She's been sued countless times and I'm delighted that she's had Twitter removed from her.

Comment

• DnBLover
            DnBLover commented
            Editing a comment
            Is any of this actually legal? Isn't hate speech a thing? Does no one prosecute her from spreading false information/defamation?

I honestly didn’t know who this nobody was so I googled her and the results showed an ugly woman who is apparently 45 years old but looks 80.

I also read that part of her brain was removed in a surgery so that could explain a lot of things.

IMO no one will miss her on Twitter
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

That woman kept popping up on my search area on Twitter, I had to block that piece of crap months ago.
            Good riddance. Now ban Trump.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Fantastic news, she incites hatred in the UK like few other people. Luckily, most people realise she’s an utter troll who doesn’t really believe a what of what she says but does it for the attention and column inches.

IMO some of her comments border on hate speech, she should have criminal charges brought next.

She was even in disguise at a BLM protest a few weeks ago just so she could brag about being amongst everyone and getting away with it on Twitter.

Comment

What I fail to understand is why anyone would give the likes of this woman an ounce of attention in the first place. It's like why would you ?

Comment

I have to say...for me her comments are one way or the other, it's either horrid and cruel on one side...or some interesting points that I find myself agreeing with at the other. I found her to be the same in Celeb Big Brother too.
                  1 SG Lewis |2 Miley Cyrus |3 Paul Woolford|4 NOTD |5 Zero 7

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                    Oh you need to read up on her.

She is one of the most foul people ever - she's a huge Trump supporter and a complete twit.

She uses her platform to preach hatred against so many minority UK groups from Muslims to LGBT (predominantly T) to refugees.

She once compared refugees to cockroaches and stated gunships should stop them escaping their war-torn countries.

She stated that the wife of Ed Miliband (UK politician who's parents fled the gas chambers of WW2) should be gassed.

She said that the photo of the dead child from Syria on a British beach who had fled Syria was staged.

She said dementia sufferers should not "block beds" in hospitals or homes stating "what's the point of life?".

She's said many horrible things, from comparing Muslim men to terrorists or al-Qaeda to mocking people's mental health (she doesn't believe men struggle with mental health), to attacking women who breastfeed - countless horrible comments.

She's been sued countless times and I'm delighted that she's had Twitter removed from her.
                    Glad Twitter removed her then!

I saw this tweet about her.

Akini's Top 100 Albums of the Decade: [2-1!]

Comment

Thank christ. She's literally the worst.

It makes me laugh all the comments on Facebook talking about their freedom of speech being silenced. Morons
                      Love you like a love song!

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                        Thank christ. She's literally the worst.

It makes me laugh all the comments on Facebook talking about their freedom of speech being silenced. Morons
                        Twitter should be permanently shut down to be honest. It's a cesspool for spreading hate.

Comment

"Hateful conduct" / "hate speech" is now anything snowflakes disagree with, do not know how to respond to, do know know the meaning of.

The term "be hung like a baboon" is not offensive by any means.
                          https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...e%20a%20baboon

She used to be interesting, at times, at least, but it was long before she became a troll obsessed with gaining new followers, but that's what the "unfollow" button is for.
                          Whitney Houston

Comment

I don't want a world full of just positive people but she was purposefuly divisive and so incredibly hateful - she essentially made all her money (and then lost it all again) by being a spiteful **** and I hope the other social media sites follow suit by removing her platform.

Comment

I've missed that somehow. I think she can make another account. Or it might be against Twitter ToS, idk.
                              how long should a cover letter be

Comment

Honestly she’s the absolute worst. An abhorrently vile woman.

Comment

This woman is beyond trash. Trash is actually eloquent.
                                  | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                    Twitter should be permanently shut down to be honest. It's a cesspool for spreading hate.
                                    Twitter is nowhere near as bad as the Facebook-owned social networks tho. At least Twitter takes action, deletes hate speech and suspends accounts.

Facebook and Whatsapp do absolutely NOTHING to stop the spread of hate, fake news and conspiracy theories. They also have a significantly older user base who'll believe anything they hear in a video. Boomers are especially vulnerable because they didn't grow up with all of this. They just don't know how to tell what's truth, what's spin and what's a lie. If Instagram wasn't dominated by gen z and younger millenials, it would probably be just as trashy. Zuckerberg is the problem!

Comment

Social networks in general reveal the ugly part of our society.
                                      Last edited by theMathematician; Tue June 30, 2020, 16:02.
                                      Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                                      and everything you stand for?
                                      Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                                      just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                        Social networks in general review the ugly part of our society.
                                        Amen. It's given everyone who previously would've just spouted hate in their own home or down the pub a platform of millions.

Comment

Working...
                                        X