• Show
Clear All

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Wow reading that really broke my heart

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    ^ Same here. I hope that her son gets all the love and support in the world. I also hope that they will win that lawsuit.

This is a recent picture of her son and he’s so adorable:

Leave a comment:

• DnBLover
    replied
    Reading through that account makes me feel sick

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Naya Rivera's ex-husband and estate file wrongful-death suit on behalf of the actress' son

(CNN)Naya Rivera's ex-husband and estate have filed a wrongful-death lawsuit Monday in the wake of the actress's death.

Rivera died in July after she and her 5-year-old son, Josey Hollis Dorsey, rented a pontoon boat on Lake Piru in Southern California. The two decided to jump into the water for a swim, according to an investigative report from Ventura County, but Rivera drowned during the process using the last of her strength to help her son onto the boat.

The wrongful-death suit claims Rivera drowned because the boat she rented lacked adequate safety equipment and there were no signs warning of the dangerous conditions on Lake Piru.Ryan Dorsey, Rivera's ex-husband and Josey's father, along with lawyers representing the "Glee" actress's estate, are seeking a jury trial against Ventura County, the Parks Management Company and United Water Conservation District.

CNN has requested comment from all parties.
    When Rivera and Josey went out on Lake Piru, the suit alleges wind gusts were 21 mph in the area that afternoon and pushed the boat away from them.

"Josey, who was closer, managed to get back on the boat on his own volition and braced himself on the boat, which was rocking back and forth forcefully in the current and wind. Josey knew Naya was still in the water, and heard her cry, 'Help! Help!' in her struggle to get back to the boat and avoid drowning," the lawsuit reads.

"Josey searched in vain for rope to help his mother get back on the boat. Josey then looked back at the water for his mother, and saw that Naya had disappeared. Josey yelled for help and cried alone in the boat until he was found more than an hour later," according to the claim.

The suit alleges the pontoon Rivera rented from Parks Management Company did not have a safely accessible ladder, adequate rope, anchor, radio, or security mechanisms to prevent swimmers from being separated from the watercraft, according to court documents obtained by CNN.

There were no flotation or lifesaving devices aboard the boat, which would be a violation of California law, court documents say. At the time of the incident, investigators said one life jacket was found on the boat and the boy was wearing the other.

The suit also alleges the lake did not have any signage regarding the dangers of the lake including currents, changing water depths, or underwater debris.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/18/u...uit/index.html

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Poor baby.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Her ex husband and her sister have broken their silence.

I still think about her every day.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    The fact that her last living act was pushing her son up onto the boat so he was safe makes this all so much more tragic.

Leave a comment:

• DOSSOME
    replied
    Horrific!!!! this,Shad Gaspard and Kobe Bryant tragedies are some real scary shit

Leave a comment:

• Carbon
    replied
    What a sad and tragic story, may she RIP

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Originally posted by Preyoncé View Post

What exactly happened? What pulled her back after taking her son to safety?

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Preyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by muzik_biz_wiz View Post
    Its just thinking of what she must have been thinking. Using her energy to get him back safely but then probably wondering what will happen after. What a horrible way to go.
    What exactly happened? What pulled her back after taking her son to safety?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Tragic news, and a horrible ending to a horrid few days for her family.

The story reminded me of the tragic death of Shad Gaspard earlier this year (a professional wrestler) who died having saved his son from drowning.

Leave a comment:

• NoAngels
    replied
    I am in absolute shock. No no no not you my Naya!!!

Leave a comment:

• muzik_biz_wiz
    replied
    Its just thinking of what she must have been thinking. Using her energy to get him back safely but then probably wondering what will happen after. What a horrible way to go.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Very sad turn of events.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Yes this is one of only four celebrity deaths that really broke my heart. And I wasn’t even a huge Glee fan.

I can’t stop thinking about her son. That poor boy is probably so traumatized. No child should have to grow up without a mother.

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    I usually don't get so upset when a celeb dies but I don't know. There's something different this time. Rip Naya. Her poor son. My heart is breaking for her friends and family!
    I think because it's different than usual.

It's a young rapper overdosing (which to me isn't sad whatsoever as we all know the risks) or someone older dying of cancer etc.

She went for a swim with her son and couldn't get back in the boat or something, it's very sad as we all watched her on Glee and she was a fan favourite.

I don't get sad about celebrity deaths but this one has definitely got me.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    I usually don't get so upset when a celeb dies but I don't know. There's something different this time. Rip Naya. Her poor son. My heart is breaking for her friends and family!

Leave a comment:

• JSparksFan
    replied
    It's a heartbreaking loss, this. I can't even imagine how her family must be feeling and for a son to lose his mother at such a young age is a tragedy. It's difficult for me to wrap my head around this.

Leave a comment:

• cheapthrills
    replied
    "There are a lot of currents on the lake that appear typically in the afternoon," Ayub said. "We believe it was mid-afternoon when she disappeared, the idea being that the boat started drifting, it was unanchored and that she mustered enough energy to get her son back onto the boat, but not enough to save herself."
    This is just devastating :(

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Just had a little cry over this while listening to her version of ‘If I Die Young’ - what a talent she was.

Leave a comment:

• minime
    replied
    So very heartbreaking :( RIP Naya.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    The entire press conference:

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment: