Glee's Naya Rivera's body found at Lake Piru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glee's Naya Rivera's body found at Lake Piru

This is so sad. Praying for her! Hope she's found & ok.

Comment

Part of me, knowing the history of the cast, I thinking the absolute worst. But praying she’s found safe.

Comment

Wow this is crazy, hoping for the best.
        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

I just woke up and saw this. Absolutely devastated.

I'm hoping that she found land and she's okay, but her lifeboat was on the boat along with her son and Search and Rescue have stopped looking until daybreak.

I really hope she's okay. Her poor son experiencing all this :(
          Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

I was shocked to hear about this. It’s terrible that her son had to see this. I really really really hope that she’s fine somehow.

Glee is so cursed.
            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

This is so sad. Especially about her son
              See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Oh this is really upsetting. I hope she's found safe and well.

Comment

That's awful news. The Glee stars really seem to be cursed.
                  My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

I'm really hoping she's found alive and well. She's such a talent and is Glee's brightest star for me. I wonder how many hours her son spent alone on the boat. He must've been terrified.
                    Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [#1]

Comment

She is my fave from the show. I love her. I hope she is alive and well. The cast is cursed.
                      My Chart

Comment

I can't stop thinking about her today. She's my favourite from Glee, and I properly listened to her covers the most.

I remember being really down and listening to her version of "If I Die Young" a lot back in the day. That song feels ominous now.

I still refuse to believe she's gone. I really hope they find her.
                        Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

There's still hope but it's not looking good. I'm really sad, I've mentioned before Glee is one of my fav shows. This is just so very sad. Her poor son!!
                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

That's very sad :(
                            I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

This is all really terrible, especially that her child was with her. The details are so strange - was she wearing a life vest since they found one on the boat?

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                This is all really terrible, especially that her child was with her. The details are so strange - was she wearing a life vest since they found one on the boat?
                                No, her life vest was found on the boat.
                                Rest In Peace Lilly!

Comment

This is absolutely devastating. I can't imagine such a horrifying death, potentially falling out of the boat and drowning, knowing your son was left alone in the boat.
                                  She was also my favorite character on Glee. Smooth Criminal is my favorite Glee cover.
                                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Oh my god, this is horrific :(

Comment

This is so terrible
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

I'm still trying to stay positive. I can't believe they still haven't found her though, is that lake really that big?

Also it's weird to me that people can rent a boat without having a guard/driver or someone accompanying them? I guess different places different regulations?

Comment

| Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post
                                            I'm still trying to stay positive. I can't believe they still haven't found her though, is that lake really that big?

Also it's weird to me that people can rent a boat without having a guard/driver or someone accompanying them? I guess different places different regulations?
                                            Reading some of the reddit thread, apparently that Lake is not very big but has been known for drowning accidents in the past. People underestimate it, but then again we don't know what happened, we have only her son's account at this stage.

Just horrible, It's been a rough couple days for water deaths, just the day before news came through Alex "Chumpy" Pullin (Olympic Snowboarder who was our flag bearer at Sochi 2014) had drowned on the Gold Coast while spearfishing.

The theory is he may have suffered 'Shallow Water Blackout' which is when repeatedly holding your breath underwater for long periods can suppress your CO2 levels that you can forget the urge/trigger to breathe and pass out underwater. Pretty scary, I watched a 60 Minutes youtube video on it. It's a reminder of how dangerous water can be and if you can avoid it never swimming alone.

I've been checking for updates hopefully they find her so there is some closure at least.
                                            Last edited by Affillate; Fri July 10, 2020, 06:21.
                                            UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Originally posted by Affillate View Post

Reading some of the reddit thread, apparently that Lake is not very big but has been known for drowning accidents in the past. People underestimate it, but then again we don't know what happened, we have only her son's account at this stage.
                                              There's a surveillance video released of her arriving to the area and apparently the lake is bigger than I thought.

CCTV Naya Rivera Missing Person 20-93521

Comment

^ ah yeah thanks for that, I also found this article, as well as the wikipedia page gives some dimensions. I think the comments may have been in context relative to something like the great lakes or something. There are sections where it is 40 metres deep apparently also.
                                                UKMIXtapes Vol.3 | ROUND 9!

Comment

Originally posted by Affillate View Post
                                                  ^ ah yeah thanks for that, I also found this article, as well as the wikipedia page gives some dimensions. I think the comments may have been in context relative to something like the great lakes or something. There are sections where it is 40 metres deep apparently also.
                                                  Thanks for the article. You're right, I guess from an American perspective, it is quite small compared to their other lakes but it honestly looks real big to me. I'm not sure how slim the chance is, but I'm just really, really hoping she's gonna be found alive & well. There really could be other possibilities of where she is.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X