X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beirut blast: Explosion rocks city with many injured

KUBA'S CHART

God be with those affected!!!!
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

So horrifying.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

That is absolutely horrific and devastating - there might be lots of people who will have perished in that.

I'm not sure if any of our regular posters are from Lebanon but sending best wishes to anyone that is (I've checked and we've had 64 people access UKMIX from Lebanon this year so we do have some very limited presence there).

Comment

That video is spectacular, not in a good way.
          Hoping for the best.
          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Oh my GOD. That’s insane. So awful.

Comment

Ban fireworks permanently
              Last edited by aRat; Tue August 4, 2020, 19:58.
              BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
              98 - OUT

Comment

So far, 2k injured and 70 deaths.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Just a comment from YouTube:
                  I live near Beirut. First, our house started shaking my mother and my siblings thought that it's an earthquake so we started to evacuate the building. After maybe ten seconds we heard the sound of the explosion. At first, we thought it's an attack on Hezbollah. But we still don't know the cause. I'm still shaking. Thankfully we're all safe but the city was reduced to rubble. Hospitals destroyed, people missing, truly traumatizing. May this never happen again.

Sadly, there are a lot of comments like this. Thousands of people were affected.
                  The blasts knocked windows out as far as 10 kilometers away from the area where it happened.
                  Drugs come in all forms .... Mine just happens to be you!?

Comment

I've just re-watched the video and it's absolutely shocking - you can see the fireworks (I think) or some other explosive thing just before the big blast, in the background like little flashes.

Comment

That video.

Comment

I see some very disturbing videos. Horrible. RIP to the victims and quick recovery to injured people.
                        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Guys I live in Cyprus. We did feel the blast wave even here and we are talking considerable distance (about 200km away). I was getting ready to leave my flat at the time and the door was shaking. It must have been a huge blast
                          Last edited by jio; Tue August 4, 2020, 21:10.
                          jio CHARTS NOW: 21/9/2020: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10468623

Comment

Someone is really to have such dangerous "things" in the city centre. That couldn't be just a normal fireworks, normal fireworks won't make such huge explosion even if there were tons of them
                            KUBA'S CHART

Comment

Absolutely devastating. Apparently 50 dead and 3000 injured.
                              Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                I'm not sure if any of our regular posters are from Lebanon but sending best wishes to anyone that is (I've checked and we've had 64 people access UKMIX from Lebanon this year so we do have some very limited presence there).
                                I'm 100% sure that one of our regular posters had Lebanon as their location a while ago. Wasn't it solitaire?

Comment

Hospital emergency rooms are being inundated by the injured, with the emergency section of one main hospital – the American University of Beirut Medical Center – unable to receive more patients, partly due to blast damage, according to state media.

Comment

Originally posted by Rihab View Post

I'm 100% sure that one of our regular posters had Lebanon as their location a while ago. Wasn't it solitaire?
                                    I’ve done a free text search based on who has “Lebanon” recorded in their location field - there’s 2 users, one with 1 post and the other one is @moechogri who is an established poster here - hope they are okay!

Comment

OMG at that video. Surely fireworks couldn't cause that kind of devastation ?

My thoughts are with the injured and RIP to those who died.

Comment

Many casualties as huge explosion rocks Beirut

Comment

I heard what exploded was ammonium nitrate, probably mixed with fireworks and reacted horribly. I heard 2,750 tons of ammonium nitrate was kept inside th warehouse without taking any precautions.
                                          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Comment

Saw the video last night and I was shocked. That was totally horrifying! RIP to the victims.

Comment

Lebanon is in mourning after a huge explosion in the capital Beirut killed at least 100 people and injured more than 4,000 others on Tuesday.

The whole city was shaken by the blast, which began with a fire at the port which exploded into a mushroom cloud.

President Michel Aoun said 2,750 tonnes of ammonium nitrate had been stored unsafely in a warehouse for six years.

He scheduled an urgent cabinet meeting for Wednesday, and said a two-week state of emergency should be declared.

The country will observe an official period of mourning for three days from Wednesday.

President Aoun also announced that the government would release 100 billion lira (£50.5m; $66m) of emergency funds.
                                                Over 100 people dead and more than 4,000 injured - absolutely horrible.

Comment

It was that huge it left a crater in the port.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X