• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Since when?
    Well, let's say in jobs with customer contact ;) .

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

We all have to look nice when we do our job
    Since when?

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
    Louder for the Karens in the back!! Perfect article.
    We all have to look nice when we do our job, but when we're off work we look and behave however we want and it's clear to me that the same should apply to Britney. Even if her hair doesn't look on fleek, does yours 24/7? Mine definitely doesn't.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    ^ Yeah I did do my research on this well, I have no words.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Wow.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

I'm so happy. :,)

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Absolutely groundbreaking news, not to mention Britney's case has been credited to limit conservatorship cases in America. Proud of B for being so strong!

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    You said you wanted to free Britney Spears. So let her be free

Did you mean “Free Britney”? Or “Free Britney to entertain me”?

Since Britney Spears got free after 13 years under a conservatorship, she’s been posting nudes—full-frontal images, with carefully placed heart emoji. She’s tossed around the idea of having another baby. She’s been exchanging harsh words with her sister, Jamie Lynn Spears. (“I’m sorry Jamie Lynn, I wasn’t strong enough to do what should have been done…slapped you and Mamma right across your ******* faces !!!!!”) On Wednesday, January 19, Rolling Stone reported that Spears’s lawyer sent Jamie Lynn a cease-and-desist letter.

Over on Spears’s Instagram—her regular means of communicating with the public—she has maintained the style that caused so many people to worry over her conservatorship in the first place. The account reposts low-res images, repeats the same photos and videos of herself, and writes in a style that veers from cogent and funny to indecipherable. If you thought that her feed would look more like a Simpson’s or a Carey’s after the conservatorship was lifted, you thought wrong — here’s a stock image of a typewriter, kitschy black-and-white photos of toddlers, and seen-before selfies of Brit from a high angle.

So how is Britney’s public — who begged, marched, and posted for her release — reacting to her newfound freedom? In a recent post, a smiling Britney dances in front of a Christmas tree. Let’s pull a few comments:

“Briiiiit, now that you have your money back, hire a stylist please.”

“She really gives off the weirdest vibes in these videos.”

“Now she’s free can ANYONE teach her some moves other than the last 3 yrs worth of awkward foot to foot, walk & spin or spin spin spin.”

“Someone please get her a stylist.”

“Umm....what are you doing??”

“I love you but please fix your eye makeup!!”

The public said we wanted Britney Spears to be free. But did we really want her to be free, or did we just want her released into our custody? Increasingly it seems that when some people said “Free Britney,” they meant “Free her to entertain me,” and “Free her to present as visually perfect and emotionally untraumatised for my benefit as a viewer.” Certainly, plenty of Britney fans —including many of those who propelled the Free Britney movement — want her to do whatever she wants. Every famous person, especially women — get rude and offensive comments on social media. Even Malala! Even Martha Stewart!

But the particular creepiness of Britney’s comments is that they’re not just the typical mix of praise and insults. They’re all people telling her what to do, with even more vehemence than is typical on a celebrity post — fix your hair, write a book, go on tour, do better, be clearer, give a sign that you’re okay. The law controlled her; now her fans cajole her. In the last year, the Spears situation seemed like the crest of the wave of reckoningover the way we treat women entertainers — their talent and youth are extracted, their bodies are sexualized far beyond their consent, they are hectored and criticised no matter what they do. It felt like we were developing a greater sense of collective compassion, that we would extend beyond Britney Spears, beyond famous people altogether.

Plenty of people took stock of the Britney situation, resolved to do better, and so much discourse online and in-person has changed. But for huge swaths of the population, it’s just business as usual. She’s still Ms. Oh My God! That Britney’s Shameless; still She’s Too Big Now She’s Too Thin. Many of us still just want a piece of her.
    https://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/ar...source=Twitter

Louder for the Karens in the back!! Perfect article.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    I hope she buys her cupboards
    The cupboards she had to ask her dad for approval?

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I hope she buys her cupboards

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    All money in one account

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    source

Did Britney Spears really say: 'If I had been strong enough, I would've hit my mother and my sister in the face.'? What the hell was going on in that family...

Leave a comment:

• Leo
    replied

Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!

Leave a comment:

• flopho
    replied
    Why is Ted Cruz in drag doing this interview and what did he do to Jamie Lynn

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    This family is such a mess. Poor Britney.

Leave a comment:

• Mikerocha
    replied
    Also the lawyer filed in the paper work wanting Jamie to admit under oath he was romantically involved with Lou Taylor, showing conflict of interests.

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ewokguy15
    replied
    Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

"May" have wronged? They are wrong, court papers don't lie. JL said she didn't take a single penny from Britney but I showed you the recent accounting on court papers. This family is lying and you are unable to see it, Bryan said 'this conservatorship is good for family' of course he will say because Britney money was controlled I don't understand how you are unable to see it. This family don't deserve peace they wronged Britney on every level they drugged her for more than a decade and yet you think there is 2 sides of a story when other side is continuously lying and being proven wrong.
    Honestly, I don’t even really care, it’s sad for Britney and the conservatorship should have ended years ago but there are too many people that would have need to be conspiring since day 1, I do believe she needed it back at the start.

In regards to finances, that’s for the courts and family to sort out, It’s really none of our business.

This has been going on for so long 90% of the Britney fans don’t even post about this stuff anymore, they just stick to her streams.

I’m out, I won’t be posting about the conservatorship again

Leave a comment:

• britneylinda
    replied
    Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

What you have described is obsession… continuously hating on a person and bullying them because they may have wronged someone else is obsession.

JL and Britney both have valid points but certain people can see it from both sides because Britney is their “Queen”.
    "May" have wronged? They are wrong, court papers don't lie. JL said she didn't take a single penny from Britney but I showed you the recent accounting on court papers. This family is lying and you are unable to see it, Bryan said 'this conservatorship is good for family' of course he will say because Britney money was controlled I don't understand how you are unable to see it. This family don't deserve peace they wronged Britney on every level they drugged her for more than a decade and yet you think there is 2 sides of a story when other side is continuously lying and being proven wrong.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X