No announcement yet.

Britney Spears' conservatorship: Jamie Spears Suspended

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember that! I wasn't even a Britney fan, but that segment instantly put Sarah Silverman in the "painfully unfunny comedians that I despise" category. She's been there ever since. Tasteless, classless and not even mildly amusing.

Literally laughing at that "art changes over the years"-BS. Firstly: What you're doing certainly doesn't classify as "art". Secondly: Calling someone's little kids "mistakes" in front of millions of people certainly wasn't of the time either.

Comment

• It's a tough job being a comedian: On one side, black or dirty humor means to cross the line by times if you want to reach the audience, but of course, you don't want to hurt someone's feelings. I thought the roast was OK, but then again, I don't know whether Britney Spears is cool with it or not.
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
        I remember that! I wasn't even a Britney fan, but that segment instantly put Sarah Silverman in the "painfully unfunny comedians that I despise" category. She's been there ever since. Tasteless, classless and not even mildly amusing.

Literally laughing at that "art changes over the years"-BS. Firstly: What you're doing certainly doesn't classify as "art". Secondly: Calling someone's little kids "mistakes" in front of millions of people certainly wasn't of the time either.

Disgraceful comments and completely inexcusable. Wasn't funny then, isnt funny now.
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• In which world is it ok to say "[Britney's kids] are the most adorable mistakes you'll ever see. They are as cute as the hairless vagina they came out of" as well as forming your lips to labia - especially knowing that Britney had been struggling with divorce, custody, mental health as well as not having "delivered" an amazing performance.
          This was not acceptable back in 2007 and it's still not acceptable in 2021. They would have never done that to a male singer. It was simply digusting.

"Framing Britney" was a great documentary. Nothing new for us "hardcore" fans but I don't think that we were the target group. It's great that it draws attention to the on-going conversatorship abuse and the FreeBritney movement and I'm glad that artists/actors such as Lucy Hale, Sam Smith, Sarah Jessica Parker and more responded to Britney's miserable and unfair situation.

I'm really glad they brought up the official statement that "the conservatorship is a hybrid business model" - This makes me so sick, it made me cry a little... this is not what conservatorships have been introduced for and I'm really glad they brought Felicia back. I hope she's right and that Britney will tell her truth once she's gained her freedom and strength to get rid off all these f*ck*rs in her life.
          Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                In which world is it ok to say "[Britney's kids] are the most adorable mistakes you'll ever see. They are as cute as the hairless vagina they came out of" as well as forming your lips to labia - especially knowing that Britney had been struggling with divorce, custody, mental health as well as not having "delivered" an amazing performance.
                This was not acceptable back in 2007 and it's still not acceptable in 2021. They would have never done that to a male singer.
                Have you never heard the things said about MJ’s children?

This comedienne was hired to roast Britney - she was hired to deliberately take the piss out of her. It’s a legitimate form of comedy and it continues to exist in 2021.

No subject or topic is off limits to someone doing stand up. Humour is found in saying things we aren’t supposed to say, in crossing the line. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, but comedy absolutely should not be politically correct (unless it’s attacking a person’s ethnicity, sexuality etc).

All stand up comedy is laughing at someone else’s expense. Joan Rivers was the Queen of it and considered one of the best comics of all time. They tried to cancel Kathy Griffin because she ‘crossed a line’ over the whole beheading Donald Trump episode - it didn’t work and she’s bigger than ever.

Comics find the humour in what a person has done, not the person. Many people get divorced. Many people have custody issues. Many people have a hard time. Many people have a bad performance.

Was it funny? No. But it wasn’t that deep either.

Words are useless, especially sentences.
                they don’t stand for anything.
                How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                  Honestly, if things don’t go Britney’s way, they need to accidentally leak things so we know what’s going on and why she keeps getting denied things. Sometimes you have to play dirty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow View Post
                    In which world is it ok to say "[Britney's kids] are the most adorable mistakes you'll ever see. They are as cute as the hairless vagina they came out of" as well as forming your lips to labia - especially knowing that Britney had been struggling with divorce, custody, mental health as well as not having "delivered" an amazing performance.
                    This was not acceptable back in 2007 and it's still not acceptable in 2021. They would have never done that to a male singer. It was simply digusting.
                    Who said that?
                    jio CHARTS NOW: 31/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...4#post10741544

Comment

• OMG her boyfriend spoke out. This is huge!
                      "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Kids should always be off limits. Calling someone else’s kids mistakes is such a disgusting thing to do, even for 00’s standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Who said that?
                          Sarah Silverman straight after Britney's notorious "Gimme More" VMAs performance.

Comment

• https://mobile.twitter.com/i/status/1359179667354357760

I second everything all Women said.
                            Last edited by Mainshow; Tue February 9, 2021, 20:05.

Comment

• That was fast. Sam is saying that Jamie is a dick again and confirmed that his tweet was really him.

Comment

• Meanwhile #FreeBritney is trending for a fifth consecutive day.
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Britney needs to speak out and there is no way she is allowed to do that, but there is no way Sam is saying anything about Jamie without Britney’s say so. I guess Jamie won’t let Britney marry Sam - probably worried it’s the real thing and that eventually it will put Sam in a strong place to take over the conservatorship (and then scrap it).

Comment

• Britney Spears working on her own documentary with top female filmmaker

Britney Spears is “emotional” after finally seeing the heart-wrenching new documentary about her life, which has left her “hopeful she will finally be freed from the vice-like grip of her father” — and is working on her own version of her tale.

After celebrities and fans rallied around the singer following the release of the FX/New York Times doc “Framing Britney Spears,” a source close to the star exclusively told us, “Britney finally feels like there is light at the end of a very long, dark tunnel.

“There are parts of the film that were too hard and emotional for her to watch — the scenes that describe the most difficult times of her life, the relentless media circus and the harsh focus on her as a young mother. But, she feels, for the first time in many years, that people are on her side and things will get better for her.

"She hopes that, because of this, she will be finally be freed from the vice-like grip of her father [Jamie Spears]. She is also very grateful and humbled by the public outcry, all the support from her fans and the celebrities like Sarah Jessica Parker who have spoken out on her behalf.”

The New York Times’ “Framing Britney Spears” documentary covers the rise of Britney’s star, her mental health struggles and the mobilization of the #FreeBritney movement set in motion by her fans.

Page Six can also exclusively reveal that Spears, 39, is also quietly working on her own documentary about her life — said in her own words — with a top female filmmaker.

But under her current conservatorship, she fears her father could take control of the film to paint himself in a better light. She is battling in court to end her conservatorship under her father, which was put in place following her mental breakdown in 2007.

The source told Page Six of Britney’s father, “He is drunk with power over Britney’s life. She wants to work, she wants to make music and perform, but he is too controlling.

“He has set her up to fail. Britney hasn’t had the proper help she needs to be able to control her own finances, to fully deal with her mental health issues, to be the mother she wants to be.

“Jamie won’t let her have any freedom or responsibility over her own life. This summer, her father grounded her for three weeks because she dared to meet a friend for a socially-distanced walk on the beach and a heart-to-heart conversation. She’s 39 years old!

“He doesn’t want her to see her friends, he doesn’t want her to meet other people in the entertainment business, he tells her that everyone has bad intentions for her — when it plainly isn’t true.”
                                    https://pagesix.com/2021/02/09/britn...mpression=true

Imagine treating your daughter like that.
                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Live updates from court:

I hate Vivian Thoreen.

Comment

• Let's waste more of Britney’s time and money.

Comment

Comment

• Sara Silverman has finally apologized.

Comment

• Justin Timberlake apologized as well to Britney and Janet

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLMxYbGhTno/

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X