Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears' conservatorship: judge grants request for Britney to have new legal representation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• I'm so glad that Britney is fighting for her rights and be actively involved! - It seems a step into the right direction to ask some professional and well-known lawyers to join her counsel/team. I hope that the judge will approve Britney & Ingham's wish.

It's also very telling that Britney is FULLY AWARE of her father going AGAINST HER WISHES. I hope that this will also be taken into account by the judge.

#FREEBRITNEY
      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• I really struggle to reconcile with the fact Britney and Jamie aren’t on the same page. Britney doesn’t like her conservatorship - who would? - but she isn’t even trying to get out of it right now, but is literally asking her actual parent not be involved in making life choices and financial decisions for her.

Something very serious has clearly gone on behind the scenes and I’m guessing their relationship is damaged beyond repair. For any child to publicly argue that their parent doesn’t have their best interests at heart is huge (and essentially what this is) and shows a real lack of trust on Britney’s part.

If I were mentally incapacitated to the point I couldn’t work, look after kids or had zero concept of money, I just know my parents would do right by me. Britney is literally arguing her Dad isn’t doing right by her and no child would admit to that unless it were true.

I dread to think what’s gone on behind the scenes but I pray she is free soon. It was always weird how she had a breakdown, was put under a conservatorship and then within weeks back at work like nothing was wrong. I’m not saying she doesn’t need one (I’m not a medical expert) and if I’m honest, I’m not entirely convinced being emancipated is the right thing for her - but Jamie must go.

Why he is digging his heels I just don’t know, but I feel like there’s more than money and power at play here.

Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• ^ I think the serious things that happened behind the scenes were the stuff that went down last year. The situation where he threatened to cancel her Vegas show if she doesn’t take her pills and then he did that when she refused to take them, then he locked her up in a mental health facility for months which Britney also confirmed in court last year (**** Lou Taylor's "me time" bullshit post) and on top of all of that he attacked her son which led to her having only 30% of the custody for her children now.

Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
            ^ I think the serious things that happened behind the scenes were the stuff that went down last year. The situation where he threatened to cancel her Vegas show if she doesn’t take her pills and then he did that when she refused to take them, then he locked her up in a mental health facility for months which Britney also confirmed in court last year (**** Lou Taylor's "me time" bullshit post) and on top of all of that he attacked her son which led to her having only 30% of the custody for her children now.

I think it has to be deeper than that though and hopefully one day we’ll learn the truth.

The whole medication thing really is weird - if Britney is bipolar and came off her meds, it’s not unusual for the patient to check into a mental health facility (it can take a while for the medication to restart). Nor would it be unreasonable to say it was against Britney’s wishes.

But things were weird before that. The whole Domination launch was just off - they hyped it up, got the fans and media there, and all that happened was Britney walked a carpet for 30 seconds and got into a car. It feels like she was protesting against something, even then.

So no, something went down long before all this. On the surface of it Britney has been in an endless album/tour/Vegas cycle since she was placed under the conservatorship and largely seemed very happy with the arrangement. Something must have happened to upset the apple cart, possibly even before Domination.

I think it’s interesting that all this is happening now though. I’ve always said her kids would probably take over the conservatorship once they were old enough, but they are finally at an age where they can understand the mechanics behind it- and Britney is now finally fighting it.

As I’ve said before, I’m not against Britney being in a conservatorship if she really needs one, but this version of it is toxic and needs replacing. I’m really surprised Jamie is digging his heels in to keep it because he must know it’s damaging his relationship with his family beyond repair.

#FreeBritney

Comment

• She's losing it.
              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Comment

• I really worry about what all this is doing to Britney. If rumours are to be believed, she already has mental health problems. That’s not a reason not to see it through, but I hope she’s doing well and has a support network around her (other than the boyfriend).

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Doing nothing in her house and continue letting her father and team abuse her, steal her, violate her rights and destroy her artistic freedom does way more harm to her mental health than any other thing in the world.

This movement is important because it’s giving Britney hope, and as long someone has hope and ambition to fight for their own benefit and dreams then things make sense.

Britney told her former make up artist she’s very thankful and happy for all the support from her fans and for the FreeBritney movement. She’s on the same page with us.

Britney wants her father out of her finances and artistic career. She wants justice for her fortune, career and life and she wants real experts to manage her estate.
                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu September 24, 2020, 22:42.
                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncι . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Her journals, her underwear, postcards, cards that she made for her sons...this is messed up
                        Last edited by JeremySpears; Fri September 25, 2020, 15:39.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

Her journals, her underwear, postcards, cards that she made for her sons...this is messed up
                          They’re old auctions though, not something new. As for the birthday card... I wouldn’t put anything past her kids based on that Instagram live thing they did

#FreeBritney

Comment

Comment

• Now if the judge won’t approve this I'm gonna get mad

Comment

Comment

• Dannii! Love you, gurl! <3
                                  Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• Lol Imma post it anyway but get that man some help he’s fighting hard for that attention ever since Demi left him.

Comment

• Smack cam!

Comment

• The way I hate these people so much....

Comment

• Can we please just fast forward to a world where there’s a vaccine for COVID-19 and Britney is free?

#FreeBritney

Comment

• I just do not buy that she "does not have the capacity" to sign legal documents - it's an absurdity to suggest that someone who's performed the shows she has, put out the records she has and lived the life she has - all since 2008 - doesn't have the capacity to deal with her own legal issues.

Comment

Comment

• ^ I found something interesting about what Andrew Wallet said though. He said that they couldn’t disclose the reason / or explain why Britney was placed under a conservatorship but it seems he still kinda disclose a bit of it without being conscious of what he said.

When I read the article and it said: “Britney is susceptible to undue influences” .. that immediately called my attention because it seemed to me like he was giving away some form of diagnosis based on info he obviously has access to.

The term “undue influences” called my attention so much that I decided to research it / look it up. I literally googled “When is a person susceptible to undue influences?” and the first link I found revealed a bunch of information that left me shocked because I wasn’t expecting to find such coherence.

”Undue Influences” is a legal term used in courts, and when a person is determined to be “susceptible to undue influences” this person can literally be put under a conservatorship by demand of their family members / parents and if a judge decides it:

Undue influence occurs when a fiduciary or confidential relationship exists in which one person substitutes his own will for that of the influenced person’s will. Other states have definitions in criminal or other codes. Of course, judicial decisions on individual cases exist but they are usually known only in legal circles.

Most undue influence cases are seen in probate courts with petitions for guardianships, conservatorships, and with disputed wills and trusts.

Here is an example of an “Undue Influence” case:

Undue Influence Case

A petition was filed for the Public Guardian to be appointed the guardian of person and estate for Ms. R. The Western Union office had contacted Adult Protective Services with concerns about the amount of money Ms. R. was wiring to another country. Her sister in Canada received notice of the petition and was certain that Ms. R. was being “railroaded” into a guardianship. She immediately came to visit Ms. R. and observed her speaking on the phone in a secretive manner several times a day. Ms. R. would not tell her sister who the caller was or what the call was about.

Later it was learned that Ms. R. was talking to her “dear friend” who lived in a different country and who was going to make certain that Ms. R. received a million dollars if only she would send more money now—it was a Jamaican lottery scheme. Ms. R. thought she was making investments. The sister became convinced that Ms. R. needed the guardianship because she could not be talked out of speaking with her “dear friend” and sending the money. She was on the way to impoverishing herself.

The court appointed a public guardian to serve as guardian of person and estate.
                                                ... another example:

Undue Influence Case

A daughter was living with her father who was in his 80s and in poor health. She convinced him to give her $8,000 per month because “I’m taking care of you.” She would not allow the other children to visit saying their father was too ill and weak to receive visitors. She also told her father, “Well the other kids won’t help. They never visit. I’m the only one who cares about you. You’d end up in a nursing home if I wasn’t here.”

After the father died, it was learned that the daughter had induced her father to make a will leaving the family home to her as well as all his stocks and bank accounts. A will contest took place. A jury found that undue influence had taken place, but that the father would have wanted to leave something to his daughter. Eventually, it was determined that the assets should be split between the four children.
                                                Link: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/l...due_influence/

—-

In other words, “Undue Influence” is a term applied when a person is seen as easy to be taken advantage of or someone easy to manipulate this obviously putting the person at risk of making bad or irresponsible decisions (generally negative in the financial aspect) and a judge / court can determine through a verdict when an “undue influence” takes place and what actions should be imposed, in many cases even being the reason of conservatorships orders.

When I look back, it does seem that Britney went through all of this around 2006/2007 with the Sam Lufti fiasco and all the manipulation he did over her which varied from making her cut ties with her family, promote her career in a terrible way, bringing drugs and alcohol to her house to even poisoning her food yet for some reason she saw him as the right person for her life and didn’t seem to display the capacity to determine that she was surrounded with very bad people. This all ended up in career damages for Britney (at the time), bad publicity, a string of irrational decisions, bad management of her money / fortune, drug and alcohol addiction / problems and ultimately erratic behavior as a consequence of the downward spiral she ended up caught in. This making Britney deemed as “susceptible to undue influences” by a judge and court ending up in a conservatorship by her father’s request.

Andrew Wallet kinda revealed a bit of information that could make us understand in a more clear way why Britney ended up in a conservatorship.
                                                Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon October 5, 2020, 20:34.
                                                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncι . Soda Stereo

Comment

• ^ However, even though this makes sense and gives me a valid motive to believe that is for the best that Britney has someone overseeing and guiding her with her finances and major business decisions ... This still doesn’t justify the abuse and bad treatment she’s received, it doesn’t justify that her money has been stolen, and it doesn’t justify violations over her right for artistic and personal freedom, or her right of free association or basic human rights. Britney Spears’ life was stolen and regardless of any diagnosis she could have this conservatorship was STILL taken as an opportunity for the people involved to use her as a machine with a string of violations in the process.

Her father needs to be OUT of this and Britney’s estate / finances should be put under an expert company’s guidance and management. #FreeBritney
                                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon October 5, 2020, 20:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                                    I just do not buy that she "does not have the capacity" to sign legal documents - it's an absurdity to suggest that someone who's performed the shows she has, put out the records she has and lived the life she has - all since 2008 - doesn't have the capacity to deal with her own legal issues.
                                                    Totally agree.

The only explanation I can honestly think of is that somehow she has proven she can’t self recognise when medication isn’t working/be relied to take it regularly and/or has given away vast amounts of money (legally) in the past to those she shouldn’t have.

Other than that, I’ve no idea.

#FreeBritney

Comment

Working...
                                                    X