Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud fame reveals battle with breast cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarah Harding of Girls Aloud fame reveals battle with breast cancer

Devastated for her, especially that it’s spread to other parts of her body. Really horrible disease.

Hoping for the best for Sarah.

I can't even begin to explain how utterly devastated I am hearing this.

Anyone who knows me knows just how much I stan for each of these girls and let me tell you, my online standom is tiny compared to how much love I have for them both collectively and individually. Today has been a bag of emotions, as Cheryl started to follow both Sarah and Nadine and I was convinced it meant something was in the works regarding a reunion. I never expected to be so very wrong.

Sarah is only 38. I pray to the gods, both old and new, of both rock and pop varieties and anyone else that can help her pull through this. One of my grandparents had breast cancer that spread to other parts of the her body and as treatable as breast cancer itself is, once it's spread it can become a different beast all together.

I honestly can't imagine the nightmare it is having to deal with this and a global pandemic.
    I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
    And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

So sad to hear this, I love Girls Aloud, was obsessed back in the day. Really hope she gets through it.

Comment

Oh such sad news. I hope she pulls through.
        LJC--->>

Comment

Hope she recovers from this ordeal.
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Comment

I hope she recovers!
              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

I really hope she beats it!
                Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

Sarah has confirmed her cancer is stage four and has spread to her spine. She has had both a mastectomy and chemotherapy, but was told in December by doctors that it would be her last Christmas. She has refused addition intense treatment as she doesn’t want to lose her hair.

Additionally she also developed sepsis during cancer treatment. Her lungs and kidneys were failing, so she was placed into an induced coma for two weeks.
                  I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
                  And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Also, just an FYI, but Sarah’s autobiography is published next week.

'I can't rewrite history; all I can do is be honest and wear my heart on my sleeve. It's really the only way I know. I want to show people the real me. Or perhaps remind them. Because, somewhere - amongst the nightclubs, the frocks and hairdos, the big chart hits, and the glamour of being a popstar - the other Sarah Harding got utterly lost. She's the one who's been forgotten. And all I want is for you to hear her out.' This is Sarah Harding, in her own words.

One fifth of Brit-award-winning pop group Girls Aloud, singer Sarah Harding was part of the UK's biggest selling girl group of the 20th Century. With 8 million record sales, the band also achieved a run of twenty consecutive Top 10 singles in the UK charts. Before fame beckoned, Sarah toured the North West of England performing at social clubs and pubs. Her first foray into acting came in the BBC TV film Freefall, where she played the beautician girlfriend of Dominic Cooper. Sarah also had a starring role in St. Trinian's 2: The Legend of Fritton's Gold and went on to have a leading role in Ghost:The Musical. Outside of acting, Sarah was crowned the winner of the 20th series of Celebrity Big Brother.Hear Me Out is her first and only book.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                      Sarah has confirmed her cancer is stage four and has spread to her spine. She has had both a mastectomy and chemotherapy, but was told in December by doctors that it would be her last Christmas. She has refused addition intense treatment as she doesn’t want to lose her hair.

Additionally she also developed sepsis during cancer treatment. Her lungs and kidneys were failing, so she was placed into an induced coma for two weeks.
                      Oh Jesus, this is so sad.

Comment

I'm heartbroken for her
                        Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

So sad. An icon.
                          LJC--->>

Comment

I really do feel upset for her, she’s still so young and full of life and she’s also had to go through this during a bloody year of lockdowns.

Comment

That is dreadful news - that poor young woman, a whole lifetime ahead of her. I frigging hate cancer.

Comment

Poor her! That means that a comeback of the band is very unlikely at this stage. Not that it plays a big role her; her health situation is a priority at the moment.
                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                Contra: cancel culture

Comment

Originally posted by Sarah Harding
                                  Right now, I’m trying to find joy whenever and however I can. It’s definitely spending quality time with Mum and seeing my friends whenever I can. Life has got so much smaller, and my priorities have changed, but the other Sarah Harding is still in there somewhere too, trust me. Given half a chance, I know she’d be back with a vengeance, dancing on tables and laughing and joking with everyone.

I think what I’d really like to do is to see everyone – all my friends, all together. One last time. Then I’d throw a great big f*** off party as a way to say thank you and goodbye.

Wouldn’t that be amazing?
                                  Having to deal with this during a pandemic is just plain cruel.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

The girls had a low-key reunion at a private members club near the Cotswolds at some point. Apparently they spent a few days together and watched Off The Record! Cheryl has spoken about how hard she’s taking Sarah’s illness too. It’s so sad to think they’ll never perform together again.

Comment

I'm utterly devastated by this news. I have never been the biggest GA fan, but Sarah has been one of my favorites right from the start. She had loads of personality. She was unique. Her looks were always interesting and eye-catching. She was a DIVA.

I truly hope a medical miracle happens and she manages to overcome this.

She has refused addition intense treatment as she doesn’t want to lose her hair.
                                      She must do all she can to fight this horrible disease. Losing her hair is a small price to pay if it increases her survival chances. She could wear a wig in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                                        She must do all she can to fight this horrible disease. Losing her hair is a small price to pay if it increases her survival chances. She could wear a wig in the meantime.
                                        She doesn’t want to lose her hair. We have to respect that. She’s already had a mastectomy and gained weight because of the steroids. She mentions in her book that she’s had to cover mirrors because she doesn’t want to look at herself.

If keeping her hair makes her feel better within herself, so be it.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

This reminds me of the Kelly Family. When their mother was pregnant with the youngest child, she got affected by breast cancer and decided to refuse to have a chemo therapy in order not to harm the child. The bad side of the story is that she died less than a year after the child got born.
                                          Pro: freedom of speech
                                          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

She doesn’t want to lose her hair. We have to respect that. She’s already had a mastectomy and gained weight because of the steroids. She mentions in her book that she’s had to cover mirrors because she doesn’t want to look at herself.

If keeping her hair makes her feel better within herself, so be it.
                                            In some circumstances, it’s better to come to terms with your lot than to keep fighting an inevitable conclusion - she’s extraordinarily brave to accept what will be will be, but try and make whatever time she has left - however long that will be - as normal and enjoyable as possible. The hair is I think the symbolic representation of everything else - totally makes sense to me why she’d want to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                              This reminds me of the Kelly Family. When their mother was pregnant with the youngest child, she got affected by breast cancer and decided to refuse to have a chemo therapy in order not to harm the child. The bad side of the story is that she died less than a year after the child got born.
                                              That’s exactly how Madonna’s mother died.

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
                                                My husband is fighting cancer and there are so many people saying he "should/must" do this or that. It's not your life, so don't say what she "must do". You're not in her shoes.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Sorry to hear that RayRay.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X