Black Panther actor Chadwick Boseman dies aged 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Panther actor Chadwick Boseman dies aged 43

US actor Chadwick Boseman, best known for his role in Black Panther, has died of cancer, his family say.

The 43-year-old died at home in Los Angeles with his wife and family by his side.

Boseman had not spoken publicly about his diagnosis.

"A true fighter, Chadwick persevered through it all, and brought you many of the films you have come to love so much," his family said in the statement.

"From Marshall to Da 5 Bloods, August Wilson's Ma Rainey's Black Bottom and several more- all were filmed during and between countless surgeries and chemotherapy. It was the honor of his career to bring King T'Challa to life in Black Panther."
    US actor Chadwick Boseman, best known for his role in Black Panther, has died of cancer, his family say
    Love you like a love song!

WHAT

Comment

I didn't even know he had cancer. That's so sad - he was so young. :(

Comment

Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
        I didn't even know he had cancer. That's so sad - he was so young. :(
        None of us knew. People thought he was preparing for a new role when he was spotted looking really skinny earlier this year.

Rest in peace. This is crazy.

Comment

I thought it was a hoax when I saw it, very sad for his family!

Comment

Comment

Shocking and heartbreaking. My heart goes out to his family. Rest in power, King.
              Akini's Top 100 Artists of the Decade: [10-8]

Comment

Extremely sad.

Rest in power. Chadwick - you had an amazing impact on a lot of people, unbelievable legacy.

Comment

Speechless.
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

My ******* god no.
                    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

So shocking. Rest in peace.

Comment

Such is the strength of feeling, and complete and utter shock, that the Tweet announcing his death is already the 4th most “popular” (sorry, couldn’t think of a better word) Tweet ever.

Its totally shocking that he quietly suffered for the last couple of years, whilst performing in his best work.

Comment

Really, really shocking. May he RIP.

Comment

WHATTT. This is so upsetting and shocking, gone far too soon.

Comment

I am so heartbroken by this.
                              See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

This is so shocking and heartbreaking. Working while fighting such a horrible disease shows his amazing work ethic. RIP Chadwick.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Wait WHAT?

Rest in peace
                                  BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                  98 - OUT

Comment

Very sad to hear of his passing. Was a great talent.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                      This is so shocking and heartbreaking. Working while fighting such a horrible disease shows his amazing work ethic. RIP Chadwick.
                                      Colon diseases are awful and soul crushing. I don't know what he exactly had anymore but like some years ago my father suffered from inflamed colon tissue and it was such a painful and agonizing time he had to go through. He has been cured for years but he stills maintains a strict elimination diet to make sure his colon doesn't get irritated. The mental trauma is still there.

It's really a testament ot his acting skills and work ethic how Chad managed to star in so many movies while battling such a horrible disease in the background for years.

BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

Originally posted by abi View Post

None of us knew. People thought he was preparing for a new role when he was spotted looking really skinny earlier this year.

Rest in peace. This is crazy.
                                        So sad about this one.

I'm just stunned that he was working through this battle while doing all these movies. It probably made for a good distraction, but that must have taken incredible strength. .

Comment

5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a universal outpouring of love - not a bad word to say about him, everyone making similar comments to Mark Ruffalo above.

Comment

Rest in peace!

Comment

I’m literally sick to my stomach.
                                                  Originally posted by beredy
                                                  When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X