Overpopulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpguy
    I think if we had better division of land and resources there wouldn't have to be anything to worry about
    true. Nobody should be starving anymore.
    My Chart

Comment

^ But most people don't care. Yes, they are willing to donate some money, but let people into their country... that's another story...
      My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay
        ^ But most people don't care. Yes, they are willing to donate some money, but let people into their country... that's another story...
        i know right.. that's so dumb.. really. Borders have been the worst invention of all times.
        My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
          i know right.. that's so dumb.. really. Borders have been the worst invention of all times.
          I've been thinking about this too. The earth is for everyone, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
            I've been thinking about this too. The earth is for everyone, isn't it?
            It is , but sadly this won't change and also, the pharmaceutic business is still strong and won't let people live for a few more days, months or years.

Comment

Originally posted by jpguy View Post
              It is , but sadly this won't change and also, the pharmaceutic business is still strong and won't let people live for a few more days, months or years.
              big pharma keeps people sick enough and healthy enough to keep buying imho

Comment

It's a worldwide problem because it affects the world, but its roots are in countries with low standards of living and high birth rates. So the problem of overpopulation could be limited if either those countries manage to raise their standards of living (such as sanitary facilities, education, clean water, fair working conditions, safe housing, etc.) and, in the process, lower their birth rates to an acceptable number (<2,1 per family) or, in case of incapability, get helped by other countries, which are in a better social and economic state.
                ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  It's a worldwide problem because it affects the world, but its roots are in countries with low standards of living and high birth rates. So the problem of overpopulation could be limited if either those countries manage to raise their standards of living (such as sanitary facilities, education, clean water, fair working conditions, safe housing, etc.) and, in the process, lower their birth rates to an acceptable number (<2,1 per family) or, in case of incapability, get helped by other countries, which are in a better social and economic state.
                  The problem is that if those countries raise their standards of living, people will want stuff like cars, computers, tv's, holiday's, etc. Mother earth has not enough resources to give everyone these standards of living.

Comment

Most of the people who do charity do it just for the sake of fame. But in fact, they do not understand the very problem of overpopulation and do not help to solve it. Millions of people starve daily. This is a worldwide problem, not individual countries.
                    Last edited by lotuscheck; Mon December 30th, 2019, 11:45.
                    I have been exploring geopolitics for many years. You can read articles and essays on overpopulation on my blog. This is great information for anyone interested in contemporary events in the world.

Comment

RayRay : You're talking about two major economic principles there. If ressources are limited, you can either hand them out equally or to the people willing to pay the most for them. The latter is currently happening and apparently not very effective. What you can do is what's e.g. happening on a national base in many European countries: You can guarantee the people a minimal standard of living by providing certain goods by the state. And this refers to Maslow's 'hierarchy of needs'... The goods you were talking about are already on a higher step of the hierarchy. If the standards of living are raised in a way that at least the bottom needs are satisfied, this will already impact the birth rates of the affected countries significantly as there is a direct correlation between standards of living and birth rates worldwide. But you have got a point, that money would have to come from somewhere and that would, unfortunately, be the 1st and 2nd World countries.
                      Last edited by theMathematician; Sun March 15th, 2020, 01:59.
                      ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                        The people of UKMIX believe that the answer to all of our problems is to eradicate religion.
                        ...and politics
                        Then we are good to go
                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Corona can spread like it does, because of overpopulation. But once again, our country is putting money before health.

Comment

Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

big pharma keeps people sick enough and healthy enough to keep buying imho

it’s like saying the mattress industry conspires to ensure people are sleepy at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by jpguy View Post
                              I think if we had better division of land and resources there wouldn't have to be anything to worry about

not true. the fault lies in the people managing the resources within their own jurisdictions. We could divide everything equally but how each society benefits really depends on those in charge. Dont tell me we dont need people to be in charge of such things.

Comment

Part of me does wonder if the coronavirus has been manufactured to reduce the earth’s population, and all of the world’s leaders are in on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                  Part of me does wonder if the coronavirus has been manufactured to reduce the earth’s population, and all of the world’s leaders are in on it.
                                  Mother Nature is in on it. Pollution is already going down now.

Comment

Originally posted by RayRay View Post

Mother Nature is in on it. Pollution is already going down now.
                                    My colleague said it best today, “the earth is healing itself”.

Comment

It sounds cruel, but Western countries struggle with the demogaphic change and here we have got a virus that's mostly a danger for the elder... You could try to find a connection between both.
                                      ~ representing the LBC ~

Comment

Dolphins and lots of fish have been spotted in the canals of Venice. The water is clear now.

Comment

Originally posted by Thriller View Post

My colleague said it best today, “the earth is healing itself”.
                                          Who can blame her?

Comment

Working...
                                          X