Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharon Osbourne investigated by CBS for episode of The Talk with racism comments/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharon Osbourne investigated by CBS for episode of The Talk with racism comments/discussion

This is a spill over from the Piers story where Sharon first tweeted her support and was then asked to explain her stance on the Talk, which turned the heat on her.
    She should really have just stayed out of it. After the episode she wrote an apology but is now being investigated. This may not end well for her. She got very irate on live TV and even cursed out her colleague.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...acism-comments

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...urnes-23707280

Omg the aggression! Vile.
    LJC--->>

Comment

Originally posted by LJC123 View Post
      Omg the aggression! Vile.
      Yeah she really did not come across well.

Comment

She didn't come across well in that at all - it's the "tell me what he said that's racist" that gets me the most...as if you can only somehow be racist by saying something.

Comment

She didn’t come off well there at all, think a lot of it is down to ignorance.

Comment

I really dislike those TV trials with a passion. They put that woman in the middle accusing her of racism because she defended her friend, everybody has that polite condescending look of the type "you know we are friends but we are going to drag you down right now" and then the comments are "she didn't come off well"? I am sorry, nobody would have come off well in such a situation.

And by the way I don't know what Piers said but everybody deserves defense. I thought she was genuinely upset and that is to her credit
            jio CHARTS NOW: 23/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10591548

Comment

Originally posted by jio View Post
              I really dislike those TV trials with a passion. They put that woman in the middle accusing her of racism because she defended her friend, everybody has that polite condescending look of the type "you know we are friends but we are going to drag you down right now" and then the comments are "she didn't come off well"? I am sorry, nobody would have come off well in such a situation.

And by the way I don't know what Piers said but everybody deserves defense. I thought she was genuinely upset and that is to her credit
              Nah I disagree. Sharon should have thought about what she was doing before she tweeted out to millions of people that she " stood by Piers for speaking his truth" or whatever. These days, people are being held accountable for what they say.

Comment

True... and the logical conclusion of that is that nobody speaks their minds or their truths on tv or media, they just say what they presume their audience wants to hear... Freedom of speech should be sacred, that's what I think.

And racism is a very important thing to be reduced to political correctness and censorship. Education changes opinions, political correctness is just hypocricy
                jio CHARTS NOW: 23/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10591548

Comment

I think s big part of the problem is her demanding a black woman explain to her what was racist about it. That is what stands out to me. I don't know how the other woman stayed so calm.
                  Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

Another good video on this from E.T. Canada.

Comment

Sharon has since apologized but will be interesting what the CBS internal investigation comes up with:

https://news.sky.com/story/sharon-os...-rant-12243505

Comment

Dannii is using that voodoo doll
                        B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                          I think s big part of the problem is her demanding a black woman explain to her what was racist about it. That is what stands out to me. I don't know how the other woman stayed so calm.
                          She was demanding the woman who was putting her one trial advise what was racist, why does it matter if Sheryl is Black?

I don’t really see what Piers has said or done that’s Racist, is it wrong to go after Meghan, yes, her being Black doesn’t seem to be a subject he’s even brought up, or am I wrong?

I think we would all act the same as Sharon if put in the same situation.

Comment

This situation with Sharon is exploding...

She tweeted this:

But journalist, Yashar, says her recall of events is incomplete:

See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Oh wow.. she really should not have involved herself in the Piers thing ..

Comment

True... and the logical conclusion of that is that nobody speaks their minds or their truths on tv or media, they just say what they presume their audience wants to hear... Freedom of speech should be sacred, that's what I think.
                                I totally agree. The most precious thing we have in our society is freedom of speech.

Comment

Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

I totally agree. The most precious thing we have in our society is freedom of speech.
                                  Well then if you believe in freedom of speech then you almost must believe that others have the right to challenge what is being said as a result of them also having freedom of speech.

Freedom of speech should not give anyone the right to slander, bully and degrade someone online on TV or in print. I think you need to look up the law on these issues.

Comment

In this video Leah Rimini confirms that Sharon called her and the othe woman "ghetto " She even tweeted about it at the time.
                                    Sharon is forgetful I guess..

Comment

2021 and we still have people thinking that freedom of speech = freedom to say whatever goes through your mind without consequences.
                                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                        2021 and we still have people thinking that freedom of speech = freedom to say whatever goes through your mind without consequences.
                                        I think some people confuse hiding behind a computer typing with the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                          It kinda does mean that doesn't it in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

It kinda does mean that doesn't it in the US?
                                            No, it doesn't. But some people confuse the consequences with censorship.

Freedom of speech exists because we want ideas to create consequences in the open society and not in the underground. It's simple as that.

The fact that you guys feel comfortable with private corporations cancelling one of your freedoms in the name of another (as if it's impossible to have all freedoms) is what I find really disappointing. But each to their own I guess

Comment

No, it doesn't. But some people confuse the consequences with censorship.
                                              Perhaps you can enlighten me - as I understand it, the First Amendment of the US Constitution pretty much guarantees freedom of speech without limitations? I'm sure the Supreme Court has ruled on countless occasions that the right to freedom of speech supersedes pretty much most things.

I mean I can stand on a street corner in the US and shout racist, homophobic and sexist remarks to someone without being prosecuted can't I? Whereas in the UK for instance, if I did those things, the consequence would be prosecution under law.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Perhaps you can enlighten me - as I understand it, the First Amendment of the US Constitution pretty much guarantees freedom of speech without limitations? I'm sure the Supreme Court has ruled on countless occasions that the right to freedom of speech supersedes pretty much most things.

I mean I can stand on a street corner in the US and shout racist, homophobic and sexist remarks to someone without being prosecuted can't I? Whereas in the UK for instance, if I did those things, the consequence would be prosecution under law.
                                                Yes, there are no legal consequences but there are consequences in terms of public debate and accepting or rejecting ideas, consequences that some (far from the majority) countries in Europe are happy to abandon in favor of legal consequences that might even cause a backlash. Your example is a bit to the extreme because frankly someone shouting anything on the street is very unlikely to have a significant impact on society and in any case can be stopped by using other laws I guess but, for example, racist ideas that are well-founded in most societies such as "immigrants take our money and jobs", "we need to build walls to protect our borders" and such cannot be possibly addressed if they are not debated and cannot be debated if they are censored by corporations afraid of the effect a negative social media string of comments can have on their profits.

Comment

I loathe Sharon for a variety of reasons, but I don't think she deserves to be "cancelled" because of this particular rant. There was nothing overtly racist about what she said in my opinion, and I say that as a Hispanic person of African descent. While I obviously can't speak for everyone, I personally think that censoring what Sharon said or trying to flip it so that it's deemed problematic is silly. Obviously she should've handled it better and not gotten so wound up by the argument, though.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X