Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sharon Osbourne investigated by CBS for episode of The Talk with racism comments/discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My simple opinion:

-When it comes to Morgan, based on the footage I've seen, he seemed slightly obsessed with Meghan. Like she was the one that got away. I can't say racism regarding him. Btw, Morgan could have stayed and continued his conversation but he got up and QUIT. He "canceled" himself.

-When it comes to the Media in UK overall, multiple Black celebs from the UK have spoken out against the racism there so I would not doubt there may have been prejudice within the British media.

-When it comes to Sharon, I think this thing has blown up a bit much. If a b****ch come at me the wrong way, I'll simply read her for filth. Sharon went wrong by going after the company she worked for. That is why she was dismissed. Companies love those diverse opinions which is why the McCain girl still has her job. The cat fights on The View brings in the ratings. As much as many say they'll never watch the View, they do!

Zeph Freebies are giving out by the trillions to major companies sponsored by Tax payers. "Freebies" are also given to other countries, sponsored by Tax payers. The $1 billion does not even touch 1% of Tax payers money. There are millionaires and billionaires that get "freebies" all the time. Sponsored by Tax payers. The person is America that pays the most is the single person that is far from "rich" with no children that work full-time. That "single person" gets less "freebies", has high insurance payments, gets less in Tax Returns, and pays more income tax.
    Do I think Biden is doing too much? Honestly, yes! But, what protection was Trump providing the Vets of our country. More money was spent on Military than ever before during Trumps presidency but, before leaving office, there were more homeless and more Veteran suicides than before as well. So where did that money go, especially since Trump was the "first president to not start a war"?

My overall opinion is that emotions are high as ever. As I've mentioned before, now that we are moving further away from the survival-mode of COVID, emotions and mental health issues will began to increase. All of this was blown out of proportion. Both sides of the Royal Drama did entirely too much if you as me, but, I understand that it may be a cultural thing for those who live in Great Britain, so I mean no disrespect. Had Morhan continued his conversation and not QUIT, none of this would have happened. There would gave been different opinions online and a few #cancelpiercemorgan tweets, but the juicy meme-like conversations would gave been glorious for the Network.
    Diva!!!

Comment

• For all of you who claim that this kind of attitude is acceptable on national television I just have to remind you the separation that racism has created in this country. It's good that the channel dealt accordingly with this. Compared to Fox where Tucker agrees with anything that comes from a white supremacist as correct, there are media and reporters like calgaryherald.com that expose corrupt ideologies and racist comments. One great reminder is UPC's Caylan Ford who had to resign over the racist comments she made.
      Last edited by kanseruden; Wed March 31, 2021, 00:54.

Comment

• 64 percent view 'cancel culture' as threat to freedom: poll

Well, well, well.
        Last edited by Nippian93; Tue March 30, 2021, 13:24.
        Whitney Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by Nippian93 View Post
          I don't care for everyone being canceled but I do agree that there should be consequences for those who display obvious racists behavior. Not saying Sharon and Pierce did display racists behavior, just speaking on others.

Pierce Morgan QUIT. He was not "canceled!"
          Sharon Osborne disrespected the company she worked for. She was not "canceled." Even with different opinions, both could still very well be employed. TV shows that have opposing views can bring in high ratings and it makes for good tv.
          Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kanseruden View Post
            I don't necessarily disagree with trump or at least disagreed. It's just some people are too sensitive when it comes to racism and comments.
            I would agree that things are taken out of context at times but racism runs too deep and is still displayed within our systems. Education, Law, Media, Prison, etc... there are still many changes that need to happen.
            Diva!!!

Comment

• Tucker Carlson is far from racist. In fact he’s probably one of the most intellectual anchors/hosts on all of prime time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                Tucker Carlson is far from racist. In fact he’s probably one of the most intellectual anchors/hosts on all of prime time.
                I agree.

He, his views, opinions, beliefs are different from what you usually see on TV, his ratings are great (Tucker Carlson Leads Fox News To Big Win In Weekly Cable News Ratings), so no wonder why CNN (CNN ratings are dramatically down since Trump left office. The network lost nearly 50% of its target audience during primetime hours) is trying to silence him Fox News Host Tucker Carlson Claims CNN Trying To Force His Network Off The Air.

It is all about ratings, money, power and control. They want people to believe the alternative (if still available) is racist, dangerous, wrong, but it is not working.

Omnipresent political correctness is wrong, but so is calling everyone who disagrees with you a racist or a Nazi, it can lead to Manchester Arena Inquiry: Security 'did not approach bomber over racism fears'

Many of those so-called progressive lefties are not about inclusion like they claim to be but exclusion. Maybe if CNN had something more valuable to offer people would be watching CNN, not Tucker. When there is no Tucker, some people will come back to CNN because there is no proper alternative. CNN, NBC etc is the same thing, just under a different name, politics is presented in pretty much the same way.

TODD SMITH — Broadcast media coverage of Trump 95% negative

Since 2016, previous studies from analysts at the Media Research Center revealed that the coverage of Trump on major broadcast networks was 91% negative.

ABC, CBS, NBC.

Harvard study: Media has been largely negative on Trump

CNN 93% negative in 2017.

I am not trying to say the guy is good and all they should do is praise him, only that people need and want diversity of opinions. That's where for some people Fox comes in with their "And the pro-Trump Fox News? That network was 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive."

Big tech, big media companies want their competition out. Big tech is trying to eliminate Parler, while CNN is trying to cancel a fellow journalist.

So yeah, leave Tucker, Parler, Fox, NBC, CNN alone.
                Last edited by Nippian93; Wed March 31, 2021, 14:51.
                Whitney Houston

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

If a child wants to call their gender neutral Potato Head Mr or Mrs, then that’s absolutely fine. That is their choice. But a child needs the choice in the first place.

Its about the deconstruction of embedded gender constructs within society and all of the baggage that comes with it. Blue and pink being coda for male and female, for example. Guns for boys, dolls for girls. I haven’t googled it, but I’m almost certain Mr Potato Head was a toy for boys and Mrs Potato Head a toy for girls.

The term ‘gay politics’ is offensive actually. Sexuality and gender are completely different things and that’s the ignorance the trans community continue to fight against on a daily basis, and why many don’t think being part of the LGBTQ+ acronym is constructive anymore.
                  I didn't know (and actually I don't see why) the term "gay politics" is offensive. The gay community is a community with its own priorities like many others and there is a political movement aiming to serve those priorities, not much difference there than any other lobby group. It's part of the political game and it's fair game.

I agree about the trans community and my personal opinion is that they shouldn't really be classified under the whole gay umbrella since they form a very different group, often discriminated not just by the world in general but also by the "mainstream" (for lack of a better word) gay community too and there are also tangible differences in the way trans and gay people are treated in many parts of the world.

As for the toys, I think childhood is an innocent age and it should be kept away from all that. I see nothing wrong with having gender-neutral toy as I see nothing wrong in having male or female toys, while I see everything wrong in limiting choice of toys based on gender. I also don't see nothing wrong with girls preferring dolls and boys preferring cars as long as a boy preferring dolls is not something that will make the whole family concerned. I see everything wrong with boys playing with fake guns but I also don't think the remedy for that is developing fake guns for girls to play with in the name of gender equality. The color thing is also something I don't quite comprehend, the solution of not wanting a male blue and a female pink is surely not a universal grey?

I just find the effort to instill ideas into young brains so devious and frankly unnecessary that I really cannot support it. While you are right that society plants many gender-discriminating ideas to young brains, that has never prevented society from moving on and re-evaluating ideas and changing. That happens naturally and it happens naturally to a huge degree in GLBT matters too. So I think the effort to forcibly change the childhood experience in the name of social change is completely unacceptable and perverse to me, even if the change sought is a positive one. Children should be free to be macho male, femme fatales, gay, trans, butch lesbians, playas, whatever they like without anyone limiting their horizons and without them limiting other peoples' horizons too.
                  jio CHARTS NOW: 23/3/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...8#post10591548

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

I didn't know (and actually I don't see why) the term "gay politics" is offensive.
                    Apologies, I meant in the context of a gender discussion it was offensive. Gender and sexuality are not the same.

Overall though gay politics is gay rights and gay rights are human rights as it deals with the very fundamental concepts of respect and equality for all. I just feel calling it gay rights marginalises it when there’s actually no unique or individual rights exclusive for gay people.
                    This superstar in the making
                    Tonight she's yours for the taking

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

• Ok I'm very tolerant but people calling Tucker Carlson intellectual and defending that inflammatory scum is just fking insane. The guy is and speaks trash.
                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                        Ok I'm very tolerant but people calling Tucker Carlson intellectual and defending that inflammatory scum is just fking insane. The guy is and speaks trash.
                        RationalWiki is always a pretty good source on these "intellectuals". If he's better than the average prime time host, I dread to think what the others are like.

Comment

• Tucker, Hannity and Laura are a triple threat. You actually get an entire 360 degree picture (no pun intended to Anderson) and no pity me politics. Fair and balanced all the way!

Kennedy, Judge Jeanine are not only fun to watch but you get to know what’s truly going on and not biased, selective media seen elsewhere. Just my opinion. I’m not a democrat nor republican, I’m a proud American and believe in the Constitution. So I guess I would consider myself a constitutionalist.

With regards to gay politics, once you place any word before politics it takes on a new meaning; not always in a positive direction. However there is such a thing a gay community and gay preferences (not sexually as that is something innate — just to be clear before anyone jumps on that) — preferences as in whether adoption is important to them; is it the house and picket fence or just live life beside your lover/partner/husband/wife and just spend away. Gay politics has evolved into something more dynamic in that everyday issues such as taxes on investments, or supporting a green new deal are issues that apply to the gay community and other community. To stir up an argument over gender, gay, sexuality ... yes in an ideal Utopian we will all be equals and shiny happy people. But in the real world the only way to make a difference is action and not thinking aloud.

Genderless toys is ridiculous. I agree childhood is innocent and all about learning. Four year olds should not be permitted to say they choose to be the opposite gender and parents shouldn’t be encouraging it. It is LUDICROUS. Mr Potato Head just like Mrs Claus, are allowed to have a gender. We can’t just reinvent the wheel and especially not overnight. There are those who still have their beliefs and whether you agree with them or not — it’s all about respecting them. The very same way you may disagree with my views but that is what is so magical and monumental about the Constitution that differentiates the US from other countries.

With regards to Biden he created chaos and a total mess at the border. He’s actually spreading fake news about water and food not being permitted on voting lines—- thats why if you only watch CNN or MSNBC you only get one side of coin. And I mean one side.

They say the truth has 3 sides... might as well get to know all of them before rendering an opinion while dismissing democracy at the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                            The very same way you may disagree with my views but that is what is so magical and monumental about the Constitution that differentiates the US from other countries.
                            That’s some Trumpism right there.

The UK says hi with its Magna Carta (1215), the Petition of Rights (1628) and the Bill of Rights (1689), all three used when the US when creating the aforementioned constitution and subsequent amendments. I’d also refer you to our Murder (Abolition of Death Penalty) Act (1965), our Abortion Act (1967), our Human Rights Act (1998), our Gender Recognition Act (2004), our Equality Act (2010), our Marriages (Same Sex Couples) Act (2013) and our various laws banning guns.

So yes, I agree your constitution does differentiate you from other countries, but probably not for the better.
                            This superstar in the making
                            Tonight she's yours for the taking

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

That’s some Trumpism right there.

The UK says hi with its Magna Carta (1215), the Petition of Rights (1628) and the Bill of Rights (1689), all three used when the US when creating the aforementioned constitution and subsequent amendments. I’d also refer you to our Murder (Abolition of Death Penalty) Act (1965), our Abortion Act (1967), our Human Rights Act (1998), our Gender Recognition Act (2004), our Equality Act (2010), our Marriages (Same Sex Couples) Act (2013) and our various laws banning guns.

So yes, I agree your constitution does differentiate you from other countries, but probably not for the better.

As I previously stated, I have the right to hold my opinion as you have your right to hold yours.

Vive la différence

That’s the beauty of having the right to speak and voice out opinions freely and without repercussion or at least it used to be before this woke cancel culture; suddenly you are found guilty by association or even worse, for possibly be thought of thinking something. Sure seems reminiscent of regimes in North Korea and Communist countries.

If you think believing life, liberty and freedom is Trumpism then that’s your opinion.

I still stand by everything I said. God Bless America and God Bless Our Troops!

Comment

• Sheryl Underwood has spoken out !

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arts-...urne-the-talk/

Nearly a month after a tense on-air conversation between “The Talk” co-hosts Sheryl Underwood and Sharon Osbourne, Underwood is speaking out about what ultimately led to Osbourne’s departure from the show. She released the three-part episode “Sharon Walks Away” on her podcast this week, telling her side of the story (which Osbourne then contested in a tabloid interview).

Comment

• Meanwhile Sharon has said that she did try to apologise to Sheryl and has shared text messages she claims to have sent.

https://people.com/tv/sharon-osbourn...k-controversy/

Comment

• I’m on Team Sharon. She shared the texts. Why would Underwood lie so blatantly. Sharon must be in agony and my prayers are with her.

Comment

Working...
                                    X