Kylie Jenner shares a GoFundMe, sparking widespread criticism from fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kylie Jenner shares a GoFundMe, sparking widespread criticism from fans

‘SHE’S A LITERAL BILLIONAIRE’: KYLIE JENNER CRITICISED FOR ASKING FANS TO HELP FUND MAKEUP ARTIST’S SURGERY

‘Why is she asking her followers to donate money for her friend’s go fund me page when she could literally just donate all the money?’ asks Twitter user

Kylie Jenner has been criticised on Twitterafter asking fans to donate to a GoFundMepage set up to support her makeup artist’s brain surgery.

Celebrity makeup artist Samuel Rauda was in a accident and earlier this month and as a result is undergoing major surgery.

A GoFundMe page has been set up in his name to raise money, with the description reading: “Your donations will help cover the cost of his medical expenses and what’s to come.”

On Thursday, Jenner shared a photograph of Rauda on her Instagram Story alongside the caption: “May God watch over you and protect you @makeupbysamuel.

“Everyone take a moment to say a prayer for Sam who got into an accident this past weekend. And swipe up to visit his families’ go fund me.”

Currently, the GoFundMe page has received $97,418 (Ģ70,236) and reveals a user by the name of “kyliejenner” as having donated $5,000.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-b1820191.html

No matter what her reasons are for starting a gofundme page instead of helping her friend (who is in a coma) by paying for his medical bills which is just the cost of 1 designer handbag for her, this does not look good on her part.

Comment

It’s just unbelievable. The money is absolutely nothing to her, if she’s really as rich as the media tell us she is. Even if she didn’t want to pay the whole lot - he’s a celebrity makeup artist so just call his clients (a scroll through the list of donations shows some big names have made sizeable donations too, but again, not the full lot).

The whole thing is just bizarre.
      I said "Lily, Oh Lily I'm so afraid, I fear I am walking in the Veil of Darkness".
      And she said "Child, take what I say with a pinch of salt... and protect yourself with fire".

Kate Bush - Lily

Comment

Her donating 5000, is the equivalent of us giving 1 cent for a brain surgery of a friend she really isn't wired the right way up there if she really thought it would be good idea to ask fans to donate amid a pandemic when she could cover the cost of that operation after a power nap with what she earns an hour and is allegedly worth.
        I mean ofc you can't cover every operation out there because you're not universal health care but girl this is sad. I've read comments highlighting the fact that she has several handbags that are mor eexpensive than the life saving surgery.
        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

I'm a poor student earning even less than usual because of the pandemic. You can imagine what I'm thinking of a Kardashian/Jenner asking for personal sponsoring.
          Pro: freedom of speech
          Contra: cancel culture

Comment

I just think it was really ill conceived on Kylie’s part - a gesture that clearly came from a good place but not well thought through.

I’m also not sure it’s her responsibility to pay all of the money either, just because she can - though I accept that contributing $5k and then asking everyone else to contribute the other $55k was a bit silly.

Comment

There is no point in having so much money if youre
              not going to use it when the time comes, she needs to answer these two questions...

would you spend 60k on a handbag if you liked it enough

would you spend 60k on lifesaving brain surgery for one of your friends

Now it is clear that she would only truthfully do one of those things.
              1 Yung Bae |2 DJ Snake|3 Birdy|4 MK |5 Sofia Carson

Comment

This is exactly the trashy behaviour I'd expect her to pull
                BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                98 - OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  I just think it was really ill conceived on Kylie’s part - a gesture that clearly came from a good place but not well thought through.

I’m also not sure it’s her responsibility to pay all of the money either, just because she can - though I accept that contributing $5k and then asking everyone else to contribute the other $55k was a bit silly.
                  That’s the weird part. She cared enough to start a gofundme but didnt care enough to foot the bill or at least a large chunk of it. What is her intention?

Comment

Especially because he is a clebrity make up artist. WHY do the GP have to fund a life saving operation for him? Even if she didn't want to/couldn't pay for it all..who are his other clients? What are they even paying him that he needed a gofundme. There is leterally no plausible reason behind this.

She makes an emotial post about him and creates this page and then donates one cent? No.

Ask his other celeb clients or just pay for it and don't ask the working class which funds her priviledged life already. Her whole family is literally worth multiple billions of dollars. Her fathers child is Travis Scott.

People can buy with their money whatever makes them happy but if you can't come up with so little compared to your income for a friend..what does that say about you?
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

That’s the weird part. She cared enough to start a gofundme but didnt care enough to foot the bill or at least a large chunk of it. What is her intention?
                      It states in the article it was his family who started the GoFundme, not Kylie. Itīs probably a dumb move on her part to ask people to do it but we donīt know the backstory. Maybe he or his family didnīt want to feel like they were taking advantage of her and prefered to go the GoFundme route.
                      Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

Obviously she is not as rich as claimed, but please. Make a new Instagram post and I'm sure you'll have enough to cover for the surgery and leftovers.
                        I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                        I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                          Obviously she is not as rich as claimed, but please. Make a new Instagram post and I'm sure you'll have enough to cover for the surgery and leftovers.
                          This is exactly what I was thinking. Like just make an insta post in 5 mins where you show your fake ass wearing gucci underwear and you'll get those 60k needed and some more for the OP
                          BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                          98 - OUT

Comment

Who is operating her PR? To me, 5K is a lot of money but because her team have us thinking she's a billionaire (or at least very very wealthy), 5K seems like chum change. Maybe her intentions were altruistic, but seems ill conceived in context of her very wealthy status.
                            See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post

This is exactly what I was thinking. Like just make an insta post in 5 mins where you show your fake ass wearing gucci underwear and you'll get those 60k needed and some more for the OP
                              This has to be a joke, right?
                              Pro: freedom of speech
                              Contra: cancel culture

Comment

Just cancel her and her family and all of their fakeness...

Few days ago I was thinking what if I am rich as one of Kardashians? You wouldn't see me in media or posting fake instagram pics.

I would live my life at best, travelling and doing some side business job I like...

My life wouldn't be wasted on ig filters.
                                BEST SONGS&ALBUMS OF 2017
                                YOURS, FOREVER. // JOSS JONES (Tracklist)

Comment

Even if she isn't a billionaire. Even if she doesn't have a fortune of 600m. She still has more than enough to spare literally an hours worth of 'wages'. It's deplorable.
                                  Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

Comment

Lol how does that make it sound better? ^

Comment

maybe she's not that rich after all
                                        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

- She was not the one creating it?
                                          - Why would she have to pay the bills of a former employee? I do not expect my former boss to pay for me.
                                          - Her explanation makes sense, for once.
                                          - Let's not blame Kylie Jenner, as much as I despise this family, but the American system and their lack of universal healthcare, which leads to situation like this.
                                          5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
                                            - She was not the one creating it?
                                            - Why would she have to pay the bills of a former employee? I do not expect my former boss to pay for me.
                                            - Her explanation makes sense, for once.
                                            - Let's not blame Kylie Jenner, as much as I despise this family, but the American system and their lack of universal healthcare, which leads to situation like this.
                                            I agree with this.

I can’t stand her, but this fake news is ridiculous. People just want to be pissed off at anything.
                                            last.fm

Comment

Yea her explanation actually makes sense. So she did cover the remaining expenses.
                                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Working...
                                              X