• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benjamin
    Legend
    • 29 Mar 2005

Originally posted by menime123
    Originally posted by Benjamin
    From and outsiders' perspective this all seems very pointless. To a point where it has become hilarious. Sad thing is, that many people will be affected by all this.

UK tried, UK failed. Forget Brexit, stay in the EU. We need each other.

No we don’t. EU needs the UK.
    Sorry, but that's not true. I believe nobody will benefit from Brexit.
    Meanwhile fear reigns the UK.
    Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Benjamin
      Legend
      • 29 Mar 2005

Re: UK Politics: Brexit plan rejected; confidence vote table

^ UK:

Big.Big.Booty.

Comment

• Artoo
        • 01 May 2005

The Queen reigns in the UK

What you all seem to forget is the UK has only been in the EU for a few decades. We opted in when it worked for us and have opted out when it stopped. We shall continue as we were - quite happy in our corner of the continent.
        I don't need no good advice, I'm already wasted​.

Comment

• Artoo
          • 01 May 2005

^ UK:

Yes we have chaos. Are we ignoring the issues around Brexit? Of course not - we are all fighting for the Brexit we all think is best.

Comment

• Shadowplay
            Manager
            • 21 Sep 2009

LOL at "EU needs the UK".
            Because you don't need anything, huh?
            You've got potatoes and cows, so hamburgers and chips are guaranteed.
            Bye. You and your stellar rentals in London, your children will pay for them.
            I love you baby, but face it, she’s Madonna.

Comment

• KEY9481
              Legend
              • 11 Aug 2014

Oh Menime...
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Artoo
                • 01 May 2005

The UK pays more into the EU than we get back. Simple economics dictate the EU will be at a financial disadvantage once we leave.

Comment

• Wayne
                  Site Owner
                  • 07 Sep 2006

Originally posted by RayRay
                  ^ That's what the UK liked to think. They found out, we don't.
                  The UK exports nearly £275 billion worth of goods to the EU and it imports over £340 billion worth.

Truth be told, we need each other - if you think the UK leaving successfully and in one piece doesn't have implications for the EU, you're not thinking intelligently. Especially given the rise of right wing politics across Europe.

Ultimately, we are just one country - albeit the 2nd largest economy in the EU and the 5th largest in the world - but if any country can make this work, it's the UK. And i think that worries the EU - that we can do it just fine, without them.

Comment

• aRat
                    Legend
                    • 06 Feb 2018

From and outsiders' perspective this all seems very pointless. To a point where it has become hilarious. Sad thing is, that many people will be affected by all this.

UK tried, UK failed. Forget Brexit, stay in the EU. We need each other.

No we don’t. EU needs the UK.
                    I have to laugh.gif
                    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• RayRay
                      Legend
                      • 13 Nov 2011

The EU doesn't give in, so that must mean they don't worry too much.

Yes, best is if we stay together as we "need" each other.

But May (and Meninme) is the only one thinking it is a good idea to leave.
                      Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• Wayne
                        Site Owner
                        • 07 Sep 2006

Well the EU's refusal to budge has ultimately resulted in this vote in the UK - let's see what happens now.

May doesn't think it's best to leave - May was a staunch remainer. May is simply delivering what a majority of the UK population asked for, that is her job as the most senior politician in the UK.

Comment

• Artoo
                          • 01 May 2005

Originally posted by Wayne
                          I think that worries the EU - that we can do it just fine, without them.
                          I have said this before and will say it again - there is no advantage in the EU letting us leave in a comfortable way. The world is watching us and the EU knows it’s future - in part - is dependent on other eurorpean counties not opting out too. The EU were never going to give us an easy exit.

Comment

• Artoo
                            • 01 May 2005

Well the EU's refusal to budge has ultimately resulted in this vote in the UK - let's see what happens now.

May doesn't think it's best to leave - May was a staunch remainer. May is simply delivering what a majority of the UK population asked for, that is her job as the most senior politician in the UK.
                            I was a remainer too. But I accepted the vote and judge the EU on how they’ve dealt with the fallout of that vote... and I haven’t been happy with it.

Comment

• aRat
                              Legend
                              • 06 Feb 2018

The "Queen" just sits on her dusty throne and waves her hand for the cameras.

We opted in when it worked for us and have opted out when it stopped
                              Yall opted out when yall decided to let hate and ignorance triumph over rationality.
                              DUA LIPA - RIHANNA
                              98 - OUT

Comment

• RayRay
                                Legend
                                • 13 Nov 2011

You don't really think that, do you? Just doing her job?
                                She wants to write history at any cost.
                                Mariah - Madonna - Debbie Gibson - Céline Dion - Lara Fabian - Linda Eder - Janet Jackson - Whitney Houston

Comment

• BeeBoy
                                  Superstar
                                  • 25 Dec 2008

Sure Hun we will be shook not the country which is trying hard for 2 years to get anything accomplished and fails, whose currency is plummeting, while everything else will be even more expsensive with import prices going up.
                                  "UK pays more into the EU than we get back." That's the flawed logic which brought you were you are now thinking that in this day and age it's better to be off alone, leave the sinking ship just to discover it wasn't this bad after all. Sometimes a reality check is indeed needed. You're not going to be the next Greece and England won't burst into flames but the benefits of being part of the EU are much greater than getting money out if it.
                                  aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• stevyy
                                    Site Supporter
                                    • 14 May 2005

Originally posted by aRat

Yall opted out when yall decided to let hate and ignorance triumph over rationality.
                                    I have to agree here.

Plus there were and still are a lot of untruths about the EU which poisoned so many ppl's believes.

The ultimate goal is to reunite the continent. The UK has always been against that. The relationship between the USE and the UK needed re-evaluation. I hope that both entities stay closely connected bc otherwise it would be a shame.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Artoo
                                      • 01 May 2005

Originally posted by aRat
                                      The "Queen" just sits on her dusty throne and waves her hand for the cameras.

We opted in when it worked for us and have opted out when it stopped
                                      And you only pipe up when there’s an opportunity to throw shade.

Comment

• stevyy
                                        Site Supporter
                                        • 14 May 2005

people are so ignorant when it comes to the benefits of the EU. Sometimes I wish it would be dissolved so that every single one of those 27 member states crash and burn and realize that there is no return to how things were in the 1940s and 1950s when everything "was so much better".

An Europe without the EU - the common market and the Shengen area - would be a conflict ridden, economic hell hole like it was before that.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• aRat
                                          Legend
                                          • 06 Feb 2018

Originally posted by BeeBoy
                                          Sure Hun we will be shook not the country which is trying hard for 2 years to get anything accomplished and fails, whose currency is plummeting, while everything else will be even more expsensive with import prices going up.
                                          "UK pays more into the EU than we get back." That's the flawed logic which brought you were you are now thinking that in this day and age it's better to be off alone, leave the sinking ship just to discover it wasn't this bad after all. Sometimes a reality check is indeed needed. You're not going to be the next Greece and England won't burst into flames but the benefits of being part of the EU are much greater than getting money out if it.
                                          Right? As if it was as simple as "UK pays more into the EU than it gets back" especially nowaydays when most economies are intertwined and depend on each other and also depend on many, many other parameters other than costs.
                                          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA
                                          98 - OUT

Comment

Working...