Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne
    replied
    Added a poll - how will you all be voting in the upcoming UK General Election?

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Corbyn v Johnson on ITV tonight at 8pm.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    this would have seemed unfathomatable even in the mid 2000s, but here we are

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    I'm so frustrated with this country and its politicans.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    I’m monitoring the tactical vote against the Tories site to see what that recommends for my area but I’m actually swaying to Lib Dem as a vote against the main two. It’ll no doubt be hung with a Conservative majority of seats anyway

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
    Which it will be. Lib Dems, Greens and Brexit Party are gonna suck a lot of votes from Labour and Conservatives. UK politics is such a hot mess at this point
    People need to vote tactically if they don't want a hung parliament, sadly they won't and this who GE will become another hot damn mess.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    General election set for 12th December, blooming eck.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    it's gonna be funny if the end result of the desperate GE will still be a hung parliament

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    ...and on 28th January we’ll no doubt see an extension until the end of April

At this rate it’ll be abandoned, fingers crossed.

Looks like Labour are intent on blocking the election because students will have gone home for Christmas, but the Lib Dems and SNP are backing one for the 9th December.

Leave a comment:

• Kpop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

My thoughts exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    #mess

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Brexit postponed until January 31st.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Boris is willing to take L after L as long as he's the one in charge.

Leave a comment:

• urbanmusik
    replied
    Sad that the only reason same-sex marriage and abortion laws were passed is because we have no government after certain political parties have refused to let the people have a say on this for years.

It's nice to see the DUP essentially make their own bed and get mad when they have to lay in it, as this likely wouldn't have happened if they hadn't gotten the Brexit result they were looking for, but it's disappointing that the mainland government had to force this on us when the NI public hopefully would've done the right thing and voted/forced the government's hand and passed these laws.

I'm seeing a lot of people celebrating on social media but an equally large amount of people are outraged and disappointed with the result. A large number of (mostly religious or right-wing) locals changed their fb profile pictures to a dark grey with the hashtag #darkestday in protest of the result. Embarrassing for them.

Leave a comment:

• IVyoncé
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    Don't know if this should be in here, but NI just decriminalised abortions and legalised gay marriage. It's about frigging time but finally my marriage is legal where I live!
    Amazing news, saw it all over social media

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    General election imminent (again).
    ...and united Ireland

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied
    Oh completely. Which is unfortunate as its such a historic day for Northern Ireland.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
    Don't know if this should be in here, but NI just decriminalised abortions and legalised gay marriage. It's about frigging time but finally my marriage is legal where I live!
    Fantastic news, but as with everything at the moment, Brexit is overshadowing it.

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Fab news. I feel like it’s being massively overshadowed by Brexit.

Leave a comment:

• BehindBreakaway
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    General election imminent (again).

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    https://scramnews.com/excruciating-v...n-brexit-deal/
    Brexit Secretary doesn’t understand his own Brexit deal

what a waste of time

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    He is SO immature - I can't believe he sent three letters.

Michael Gove, one of Boris' Ministers, has stated this morning that despite the letter being submitted to the EU last night and regardless of the EU decision, the UK will be leaving the EU on October 31st.

What a mess.

Leave a comment:

• beredy
    replied
    Another extension? LOL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X