Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.K. Politics: Prime Minister Boris Johnson has resigned, new PM set to be confirmed on 5 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plym
    replied
    i honestly can't believe liz truss is this close to being leader of the united kingdom

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied

^ this! Just like BoJo she is a sellout with no values and she only cares about her political career. She's an idiot, extremely incompetent and clueless. Dangerous.

If she wins the race, it would be a victory for Labour BUT bad news for the country. Even though both of them are awful, and ready to destroy the country's economy, give more money to their mates and torture the working class, I think Trust is slightly worse based on the extreme ideas she's selling to the conservatives.

Originally posted by Wayne View Post

This is incredible.

OMG, genius! that's why they cancelled the last debate LOL
    Last edited by greek_boy; Thu July 21, 2022, 21:10.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Penny’s out

Sunak vs Truss - I don’t see Liz winning the public vote unless she lives Rishi hell in the next debate.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I see no lies!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied

This is incredible.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by Artoo View Post
    It’s so close between the remaining three, Kemi’s supporters are going to make all the difference and I have no idea how they’ll vote next.
    They will surely go with Truss, who it looks like picked up the most of Tom’s support. But I can’t see Rishi losing this.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Looks like Sunak vs. Truss to me.
    I hope so, and I pick Truss over Sunak. As long as Penny gets no where near.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    It’s so close between the remaining three, Kemi’s supporters are going to make all the difference and I have no idea how they’ll vote next.
    Looks like Sunak vs. Truss to me.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    The interesting thing will be whoever goes next out of Penny or Liz, will their voters go towards the other female. Either way, we’re doomed whatever.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    Despite Rishi and Liz pulling out of the next TV debate on Sky News due to ‘squabbling’, the BBC have announced a TV debate for next Monday with the remaining candidates.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    And then there were three:
    • Rishi Sunak - 118
    • Penny Mordaunt - 92
    • Liz Truss - 86
    • Kemi Badenoch - 59

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    can't believe Tom had fewer votes than Badenoch, they are a joke...

Leave a comment:

• Thriller
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Kemi has said some pretty shocking things about trans people not long ago and for someone that was equalities minister seemed to take a day off when anything important about LGBT rights were being voted on.
    She's quite openly right-wing and seems to want to appeal to that sort of voter, so she would be a dangerous PM IMO. She has also criticised the online safety bill, which is being designed to protect children from harmful content, saying we shouldn't be "legislating for hurt feelings"

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    All of the remaining candidates for the leadership of a conservative party being women and / or people of color is.. something.

We had zero last time.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Tonight's results...

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    I didn’t watch all of the debate, but I hate politicians that do the whole thumb pointing thing. Penny tends not to do it with the thumb, but she does like pointing her whole hand out. I just think it’s fake - open hands makes for an honest discussion.

Liz, Rishi and Penny are all just more of the same. Tom is just David Cameron (talks a good game) and Kimi talks a lot of sense but just doesn’t show any sort of leadership.

Rishi’s going to end up winning.

Kemi has said some pretty shocking things about trans people not long ago and for someone that was equalities minister seemed to take a day off when anything important about LGBT rights were being voted on.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Not surprised...

Tugendhat knocked out of Tory leadership contest

Tom Tugendhat's bid to be the next Tory leader has come to an end, leaving four contenders in the race to take over the reins from Boris Johnson.

Best known as the chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee, Tugendhat secured 30 votes, leaving him in last place.

Leave a comment:

• Artoo
    replied
    I didn’t watch all of the debate, but I hate politicians that do the whole thumb pointing thing. Penny tends not to do it with the thumb, but she does like pointing her whole hand out. I just think it’s fake - open hands makes for an honest discussion.

Liz, Rishi and Penny are all just more of the same. Tom is just David Cameron (talks a good game) and Kimi talks a lot of sense but just doesn’t show any sort of leadership.

Rishi’s going to end up winning.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    That question from Rishi to Liz...

Leave a comment:

• greek_boy
    replied
    Interesting:

lol ofc they do - it's the country that will suffer, not them

https://twitter.com/danbloom1/status...31718139580417

Jeremy Corbyn lives rent-free in their minds
    Last edited by greek_boy; Sun July 17, 2022, 18:55.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Tom Tugendhat is not having a good night so far - other than one good one liner, he's not been very good (just keeps talking about his time in the military!).

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied

I imagine they were all told they were too nice last time.

Tomorrow, the 5 become 4 and by Wednesday, the 4 become 2.

Love how they all refused to hire Boris when the question was asked.
    Well how many of us would choose to hire one of our former bosses given the chance

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

Bizarre how we've seen these debates between different parties over the years, but seeing the Tories (supposed) best candidates all turn on each other is a revelation
    I imagine they were all told they were too nice last time.

Tomorrow, the 5 become 4 and by Wednesday, the 4 become 2.

Love how they all refused to hire Boris when the question was asked.

Leave a comment:

• SholasBoy
    replied
    Leadership party on ITV right now - so much spicier than the last one, both Truss and Mordaunt are really coming for Rishi.
    Bizarre how we've seen these debates between different parties over the years, but seeing the Tories (supposed) best candidates all turn on each other is a revelation

Leave a comment:

Working...
X