Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.K. Politics: unnamed Conservative MP arrested on suspicion of rape

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • They are definitely scrambling now to try and get as many “good news” stories out there as they can, but the one people really want is Boris out.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Thriller View Post
      They are definitely scrambling now to try and get as many “good news” stories out there as they can, but the one people really want is Boris out.
      May explain the story that there are plans to scrap isolation laws.
      See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
      See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

      Comment


      • Typical distraction techniques. I have no faith in this report from Sue either. It'll Scape goat the junior staffers and Boris will be seen to take the hard-line approach by getting rid. Then it's over and done with and they can spin the many great things he's doing for the country, supposedly.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Thombus View Post
          Typical distraction techniques. I have no faith in this report from Sue either. It'll Scape goat the junior staffers and Boris will be seen to take the hard-line approach by getting rid. Then it's over and done with and they can spin the many great things he's doing for the country, supposedly.
          What is her remit?

          Boris and #10 already admitted to it and apologised? Why waste tax payer money on this?
          See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
          See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

          Comment


          • Cost of living rises at fastest pace for 30 years

            The cost of living rose at its fastest pace in nearly 30 years in the year to December, official figures show.

            The UK's Consumer Prices Index measure of inflation rose to 5.4% from 5.1% in November, the Office for National Statistics (ONS), said.

            The last time inflation was higher was in March 1992, when it was 7.1%.

            The rising price of food and non-alcoholic drinks contributed to December's increase, as did household costs, especially energy bills.

            Increases in prices of furniture and clothing also contributed to the rise in the cost of living.

            "These large rises were slightly offset by petrol prices, which despite being at record levels were stable this month, but rose this time last year," ONS chief economist Grant Fitzner said.

            Paul Johnson, director at the Institute for Fiscal Studies think tank, said people on low incomes would be particularly hard hit by the rises.

            "Everyone, particularly those on modest incomes has had a long period of wages not really growing any faster than prices over the last decade so another increase at this point is going to be particularly painful," he told the BBC.

            The rate continues to be well above the Bank of England's 2% inflation target.

            Separate ONS figures issued on Tuesday showed that average pay rises are failing to keep up with the rise in the cost of living.

            Regular pay, excluding bonuses and adjusted for inflation, fell 1% in November compared with the same month in the previous year.

            Paul Dales of Capital Economics said inflation was now expected to hit 7% by April.

            "That would be higher than the peak of 6% that the Bank of England was forecasting when it raised rates in December," he added.

            "And although inflation will fall back thereafter, we think it will stay above 4% for all of this year and won't drop to the 2% target until April 2023."

            As a result, he said, the Bank of England's rate-setting Monetary Policy Committee was likely to raise interest rates faster than most people expected, with the next increase to 0.5% expected in February.

            Comment


            • See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
              See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

              Comment


              • Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                he'll prob say there was onion peeling going on in the room
                what's going on?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Plym View Post
                  he'll prob say there was onion peeling going on in the room
                  yeah for some reason I don’t buy this, I don’t think Boris does real remorse!

                  The cost of living crisis is disgraceful. The treasury need to step in and start propping up the energy sector now.

                  Comment



                  • Voting will start once all categories are announced! Stay tuned!
                    CHECK UKMIX RETRO Chart Facts
                    FIRST CYCLE or SECOND CYCLE


                    Comment


                    • Reason enough to do like the French and burn everything to the ground over the minor inconvenience.
                      Find me here:
                      https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                      https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

                      Comment


                      • Uh oh, news coming out Boris had a birthday party during lockdown #1.

                        This has to be game over.
                        Straight white men rule everything around me

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                          Uh oh, news coming out Boris had a birthday party during lockdown #1.

                          This has to be game over.
                          I'd love it if the accompanying leaked picture was of him sat there in a little party hat He'll claim he didn't know it wasn't a work event and move on.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                            Uh oh, news coming out Boris had a birthday party during lockdown #1.

                            This has to be game over.
                            Every time we think it’s gonna be the straw that breaks the camel’s back and sadly it never seems to be.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Thombus View Post

                              I'd love it if the accompanying leaked picture was of him sat there in a little party hat He'll claim he didn't know it wasn't a work event and move on.
                              The real question is whether he had a Colin Caterpillar from M&S or Cuthbert Caterpillar from Aldi
                              Straight white men rule everything around me

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Thriller View Post

                                Every time we think it’s gonna be the straw that breaks the camel’s back and sadly it never seems to be.
                                Camel’s got more humps than a Black Eyed Peas song.
                                Straight white men rule everything around me

                                Comment


                                • Despite Boris repeatedly insisting there were no lockdown parties, No. 10 is now under police investigation after evidence was passed to them from a parliamentary inquiry that Boris arranged in order to prove there were no parties.

                                  Honestly, it’s like those fools that are caught on CCTV committing a crime and continue to deny it.

                                  This must be the end.
                                  Straight white men rule everything around me

                                  Comment


                                  • there were no parties because boris life has been one long party since he became pm
                                    what's going on?

                                    Comment


                                    • It won’t go anywhere, Cressida Dick is as useless as Boris.

                                      Comment


                                      • What's the betting that the Sue Gray report is mostly redacted due to the "ongoing Met investigation"?

                                        Comment


                                        • I don’t think it will be. Apparently the gossip is the report isn’t good news for No. 10 though.
                                          Straight white men rule everything around me

                                          Comment


                                          • Boris slammed again at PMQs but he didn’t seem arsed.

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                              Boris slammed again at PMQs but he didn’t seem arsed.
                                              he's been called a bumbling idiot his whole political career so this is all water off a ducks back for him
                                              what's going on?

                                              Comment





                                              • If the report is not making reference to the parties, then what exactly is the report's remit and purpose? This is a tremendous waste or taxpayer funds and time. The Met and No.10's chokehold on this report makes this whole thing ridiculous, but also a dangerous precedent to set.
                                                See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                                See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by bm08 View Post



                                                  If the report is not making reference to the parties, then what exactly is the report's remit and purpose? This is a tremendous waste or taxpayer funds and time. The Met and No.10's chokehold on this report makes this whole thing ridiculous, but also a dangerous precedent to set.
                                                  It’s kinda nice to see my tax money going on exposing and damaging The Tories.

                                                  The report was commissioned by Boris, who denied any wrongdoing, to prove there was no wrongdoing. The fact the police are involved can only prove one thing - there was 100% some wrongdoing
                                                  Straight white men rule everything around me

                                                  Comment


                                                  • It is fairly remarkable to see all of this play out - and to see how ultimately powerless everyone is.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X