Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Politics: government debt tops £2tn (100% gross domestic product)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
    General election imminent (again).
    ...and united Ireland
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
      Don't know if this should be in here, but NI just decriminalised abortions and legalised gay marriage. It's about frigging time but finally my marriage is legal where I live!
      Amazing news, saw it all over social media

Comment

• Sad that the only reason same-sex marriage and abortion laws were passed is because we have no government after certain political parties have refused to let the people have a say on this for years.

It's nice to see the DUP essentially make their own bed and get mad when they have to lay in it, as this likely wouldn't have happened if they hadn't gotten the Brexit result they were looking for, but it's disappointing that the mainland government had to force this on us when the NI public hopefully would've done the right thing and voted/forced the government's hand and passed these laws.

I'm seeing a lot of people celebrating on social media but an equally large amount of people are outraged and disappointed with the result. A large number of (mostly religious or right-wing) locals changed their fb profile pictures to a dark grey with the hashtag #darkestday in protest of the result. Embarrassing for them.
        late.

Comment

• Boris is willing to take L after L as long as he's the one in charge.

Comment

• Brexit postponed until January 31st.
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• #mess

Comment

• My thoughts exactly.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Comment

• ...and on 28th January we’ll no doubt see an extension until the end of April

At this rate it’ll be abandoned, fingers crossed.

Looks like Labour are intent on blocking the election because students will have gone home for Christmas, but the Lib Dems and SNP are backing one for the 9th December.

Comment

• it's gonna be funny if the end result of the desperate GE will still be a hung parliament

Comment

• General election set for 12th December, blooming eck.

Comment

• Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                          Which it will be. Lib Dems, Greens and Brexit Party are gonna suck a lot of votes from Labour and Conservatives. UK politics is such a hot mess at this point
                          People need to vote tactically if they don't want a hung parliament, sadly they won't and this who GE will become another hot damn mess.

Comment

• I’m monitoring the tactical vote against the Tories site to see what that recommends for my area but I’m actually swaying to Lib Dem as a vote against the main two. It’ll no doubt be hung with a Conservative majority of seats anyway

Comment

• I'm so frustrated with this country and its politicans.

Comment

• this would have seemed unfathomatable even in the mid 2000s, but here we are

Comment

• Corbyn v Johnson on ITV tonight at 8pm.

Comment

• Added a poll - how will you all be voting in the upcoming UK General Election?

Comment

• I am not from the UK but I voted for Other (Dukagjin Lipa aka Dua's hawt father)
                                      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Labour, no question.

Comment

• Labour. 100%
                                          Love you like a love song!

Comment

• After having voted Tory in every election Iíve been able to vote in, both in my local elections and in the general elections, Iím finally voting for something different this time.

For me, this is a single issue election - Brexit is fundamentally the single most important political issue to me. And I think that the most change of preventing it is voting Labour. But that doesnít mean Iím happy doing that - Iím not a fan of Corbyn or my local Labour MP or most of Labourís manifesto actually - I just think that the greatest chance of reversing Brexit is through electing a party that is neutral on the issue and who is willing to put it back to the people.

So Labour for me also.

Comment

• The last few days of reading and the latest YouGov stats have made me believe we’ll see a Tory majority sadly, I just think the message of “let’s forget the last three years and get Brexit done” is what will appeal most to the UK at this time. I can’t believe so many people trust Boris to run this place for five years.

Comment

• Yes, we are definitely going to get a Tory majority but unfortunately, I think it’ll be a hung parliament again - in other words, nothing will bloody change.

We are still a generation away from real change in British politics I think.

Comment

• I agree. However i wouldn't couldn't Labour out yet. More young people than ever registered to vote. I don't think it's going to be a big majority
                                                  Love you like a love song!

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                                    I agree. However i wouldn't couldn't Labour out yet. More young people than ever registered to vote. I don't think it's going to be a big majority
                                                    Yeah but registering an intention is different to voting - also, my fear is that the “young person’s” vote is split between the aspirational Green Party and the Labour/Lib Dem parties.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X