Clear All

• Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
    when is the next election though?
    Hopefully before the end of October.

Originally posted by CrazyCrazy View Post
    Well I don’t know anything
    this tea

Comment

• I present the UK's new Prime Minister ....sorry World.

It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
      But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• BoJo is like a Little Britain character, but in real life.
        Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• This thread is so shocking to read. People loving Margaret Thatcher who destroyed so much of the goodness about our country,

1. Poll Tax
          2. SECTION 28!!!!
          3. Destroying many of Britain's manufacturing industries which led to mass unemployment
          4. Social housing crisis which is STILL an issue today
          5. Abolished free milk for school children (WTF!?)

These are just SOME of the awful things she is responsible for, and loving her because she is a female and a "diva" is uneducated and immoral.

And now, this absolute clown that we are literally being FORCED to have as our new PM. What a damn mess. Simon Cowell should cash in on this and audition for the next one.. its the only logical step.

At this point USA voting trump in is nothing compared to the laughing stock the UK has become.

I am only grateful that our Scottish government seems to have a bit more common sense, compassion, and etiquette so we are not completely at this mans mercy.

What a dangerous and shameful time we live in.
          Last edited by shinydiscopaul; Thu July 25, 2019, 10:16.
          thank u, next

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• It seems the more negative stuff you do (having your neighbours call the police when having a row with your girlfriend...), the more likely it is you will be chosen to lead a country...

Every time when you think it can't get any worse, the UK sets a new record...
              My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Originally posted by RayRay View Post
                It seems the more negative stuff you do (having your neighbours call the police when having a row with your girlfriend...), the more likely it is you will be chosen to lead a country...

Every time when you think it can't get any worse, the UK sets a new record...
                And I can only apologise RayRay. Believe me, the decent majority of British people don't agree with what is happening to our country. Britain was once a beacon for freedom and democracy, it's sad to see the country I love reduced to the level of people like Nigel Farage, with their xenophobia and 'Little Britain' mindset. I truly believe our liberal, progressive values are in real jeopardy with the swing to the right we are facing now. As if to highlight this, the new Home Secretary, Priti Patel is all for bringing back the death penalty. I fear times will get worse before they get better. The rest of us need to get our act together to prevent further damage.

Comment

• Boris initially wanted to call a quick General Election to cement his leadership, yet few more mistakes by his very radical right-wing cabinet and the country might just fall into either a necessity of a coalition agreement or even the most improbable situation of LibDems getting the actual power.

Comment

• I'd be extremely surprised if he had the guts to do so. I feel like there would be a shift in power and the Tory's would be out this time. They only just made it the last time because of the amount of damage they have done.

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but I do believe that Boris was always going to be made PM at some point regardless, and I also feel that we were always going to go though Brexit regardless of the result, and it will absolutely be a no deal Brexit at that. I am genuinely scared for what the next 4 years looks like in the UK.
                    thank u, next

Comment

• Originally posted by Madgefan View Post
                      And I can only apologise RayRay. Believe me, the decent majority of British people don't agree with what is happening to our country. Britain was once a beacon for freedom and democracy, it's sad to see the country I love reduced to the level of people like Nigel Farage, with their xenophobia and 'Little Britain' mindset. I truly believe our liberal, progressive values are in real jeopardy with the swing to the right we are facing now. As if to highlight this, the new Home Secretary, Priti Patel is all for bringing back the death penalty. I fear times will get worse before they get better. The rest of us need to get our act together to prevent further damage.
                      Well said

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xtreme-concern

Comment

• Thank you.

That article makes very worrying reading . It has often been said that this is why certain right wing elements of the Conservative Party are so keen on Brexit. It allows them to ride roughshod over Human Rights law. It is also worth noting that all EU Member States have abolished the death penalty. They are bound by the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), part of which states , ‘Everyone’s right to life shall be protected by law’.

Comment

• ^Not only that, another factor is personal gains via offshore de-regulartion and stock market gambling on the back of not just Brexit, but all of the negotiations and country being in turmoil.

Comment

• I haven’t been able to watch the news for about a week now, I find any mention of Boris Johnson to be utterly depressing.

Comment

• It's not appropriate, but this result is kind of a relief. I've been so embarrassed by the state of my own country that it's nice knowing that we aren't the only ones capable of such political buffoonery.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                I haven’t been able to watch the news for about a week now, I find any mention of Boris Johnson to be utterly depressing.
                                Just cheer yourself up with the thought at least he isn't Viv Rook from Years and Years

Comment

• Hmm, it shows the pic in preview but not in post. I'll have to link instead

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...-cartoon#img-1
                                  Last edited by Madgefan; Sun July 28, 2019, 00:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEBofDESIRE View Post
                                    It's not appropriate, but this result is kind of a relief. I've been so embarrassed by the state of my own country that it's nice knowing that we aren't the only ones capable of such political buffoonery.
                                    wait until Merkel steps down. GER might be late to this kind of party, but when she is gone we are also left with literal MINI Trumps, and probably another Hitler (AfD) - but let's stay in the present for as long as we can. Hope is gone tho.

My guess, the EU / World will not see 2025.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• Argh, Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn are the political elite in the UK - how depressing.

Comment

• Brexit: Queen consents to suspension of parliament for five weeks

Further proof that royalty and especially this queen are completely useless. As long as they get to cling to their privileges, they're okay with democracy being dismantled before their eyes.

A president would've stopped this. Complicit!

Comment

• The role of the Queen is pretty much apolitical though, isn't it? I doubt she had much choice in the matter.

It's really the hubris of Johnson to make the request in the first place.

I'm still not sure what it means. Does Parliament still have time to put up a vote before it's suspended?

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                            The role of the Queen is pretty much apolitical though, isn't it? I doubt she had much choice in the matter.
                                            And that is exactly why she should've denied the request. She assisted an unelected PM in his effort to circumvent the will of the people by suspending the parliament elected by the people. It's a blatant disrespect of democracy.

Comment

• If anyone was going to get away with this, it was Boris.

Protesters are gathering in London, rallied by Owen Jones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                                                If anyone was going to get away with this, it was Boris.
                                                Plus that ridiculous Rees-Mogg dude I had predicted to become quite powerful a few years ago.

Comment

• What the ****!?
                                                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Don't agree with it at all, but even more annoyed people on social media are blaming the Queen. She is just a symbol nowadays and holds no power (as it should be). She's literally not allowed to say no the government.

The idea that somebody should be "royalty" because of the family they are born into is the most absolutely undemocratic medieval idea so in many ways I think would be even worse if the Queen had somehow said no. Then we would be in the situation of one single old woman making unilateral political decisions for a whole country.

While I think a second referendum would be the best way out, I'm actually doubtful it would return a different result. Perhaps best thing would be to agree with EU no deal Brexit, but in 6 months time to give both sides time for further preparations.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X