No announcement yet.

UK Politics: UK is now out of the EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunderland South is one of Labour's safest seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thombus
      Labour smashing it in Sunderland as to be expected.

Lib Dems though
      UKIP in 2nd place
      It might sound like I'm an unapologetic bitch
      But sometimes you know I gotta call it like it is

Comment

• Majority increased by around 2000 votes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brad
          Labour has won Sunderland!
          lmao that badgal destroyed the competition!

Comment

• Only 56% turnout for that constituency - Smh.

I wish people took elections more seriously in the UK.

Comment

• I can't believe UKIPs 7% swing in Sunderland South from Labour.

The BBC exit poll suggested that there would be a 5% swing to Labour from Conservatives; it was actually 4%.

So no nasty surprises yet.

Comment

• Paddy Ashdown's hat has a Twitter account with 633 followers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                  Paddy Ashdown's hat has a Twitter account with 633 followers!

Comment

• Labour take Sunderland Central. A swing from Conservative to Labour of 5.5%.

UKIP again score big.

Comment

• Greens getting many more votes than the Lib Dems so far. I thought this possible but didn't expect it to happen.

Comment

• Fantastic result for the country if these exit poll results stick.

Now I just hope to god Farage won his seat in South Thanet. The House of Commons needs more characters like him. It'll be a very lively place with him, Boris and Alex Salmond

Comment

• Labour have taken Sunderland West with a swing Conservative to Labour of 2.5% and Labour to UKIP of 7%.

Again turnout in the mid 50s though.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4warduntodawn
                            Fantastic result for the country if these exit poll results stick.

Now I just hope to god Farage won his seat in South Thanet. The House of Commons needs more characters like him. It'll be a very lively place with him, Boris and Alex Salmond
                            Yeah, a real Circus full of clowns

Comment

• Sunderland West another Labour hold by far.

Turnout is disappointing. I expected more from this election.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4warduntodawn
                                Fantastic result for the country if these exit poll results stick.

*shudders*

Comment

• Originally posted by Serby
                                  Originally posted by Wayne
                                  We're about to hit the last hour of voting - any last minute predictions?
                                  lmao not you live broadcasting this!

Comment

Sunderland West another Labour hold by far.

I think turnout in the Labour strongholds so far is poor but the Labour support is strong and growing which suggests that the undecideds or the non-Labour voters just aren't coming out so far against a backdrop of Labour growth.

I mean are we literally working off three constituencies but a telling story so far.

Comment

• Interesting, if inaccurate, proposal from the Guardian...

Will the Queen 'take control' if election creates a stalemate?

Contrary to some reports, monarch is expected to give Queen’s speech on 27 May even if there is a risk it will be overthrown the following week

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ate-speech
                                      This election is just so weird.

Comment

• The vote on that speech should decide it. If the majority of MPs don't vote with Cameron, he will have to resign and it'll be Miliband's for the taking as the leading opposition unless they put forward a new leader (which would probably be Boris and extremely unlikely).

We shall see what happens!

+ 3 women so far. I like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                          Interesting, if inaccurate, proposal from the Guardian...

Will the Queen 'take control' if election creates a stalemate?

Contrary to some reports, monarch is expected to give Queen’s speech on 27 May even if there is a risk it will be overthrown the following week

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ate-speech
                                          This election is just so weird.
                                          Inaccurate wording, since SHE is in control anyway . The Government even though it's elected, is her Government. They do the bidding in her name. The PM is actually the First Lord of The Treasury. The Treasury being the Queen's money.
                                          It's what you would expect from the Guardian
                                          Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

Perhaps they were all watching Darren on E4
                                            Education for anyone aged 12 to 16 has made a mess of the world!

Comment

• The legitimacy argument is very interesting; especially the suggestion that Cameron will choose to form a Conservative government with 315-ish seats [which is 11 short of the majority].

Comment

• queen to become new prime minister? with nicola sturgeon as deputy PM.
                                                slay galz

Comment

• This election is absolutely fascinating

Comment

• My biggest worry now is the Conservatives promised a referendum on Europe in 2017 , that's 2 years of uncertainty about our position in the EU. Given how some people don't even know who the leaders of the main parties were in this election, I'm not sure I trust them to take such an important decision as UK membership of the EU. We could be on a fast track to exit which would be a disaster.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X