98 - OUT

Both have unfollowed each other on Insta
    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
    98 - OUT

Comment

Great judge of character, isn’t she?
      Greatest Of All Time

Comment

The standard of written English from some of these 'artists' is terrible! I don't know how anyone can follow people like that on social media when they are typing that way. Get a social media manager!

I've listened to the remix twice and only touch the original. As usual his 'verse' downgraded the song and he's barely staying on topic of the song, a pointless remix. He won't be missed at all.
        Last edited by ludichris; Wed July 28, 2021, 14:42.

Comment

So where we are is,

Morgan Wallen uses a racial slur drunken to a fellow White person in jest - Thrown off radio, record deal frozen, CANCELLED and called a racist for 6 months even after apologizing

DaBaby - Says same word 5-6 times in a derogatory way and vilifies the entire gay community - No repercussions for the Black rapper even after he double down son wants he said.

good times, same rules should apply for all, especially when what DaBaby has done is worse.

Comment

If she means it, delete his version of Levitating. Simple.
            Words are useless, especially sentences.
            they don’t stand for anything.
            How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

Dababy is trash.
              Haven't been early since '88

Comment

So basically he’s been told to apologise.
                Words are useless, especially sentences.
                they don’t stand for anything.
                How could they explain how I feel?

Comment

Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                  If she means it, delete his version of Levitating. Simple.
                  Without deleteing the streams and chart success ofc
                  98 - OUT

Comment

Revoke his social media access! My God! I would be devastated if one of my clients or artists was posting like that publicly. Does Twitter not have a filter?

Comment

If his core audience agrees with his line of thinking then his career wont hurt one bit

Comment

Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post
                        If his core audience agrees with his line of thinking then his career wont hurt one bit
                        Unfortunately he’ll be just fine.

Comment

I am kiing at the projections he is throwing though. I am 100% sure he sucks dick in parking lots himself
                          98 - OUT

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post
                            The standard of written English from some of these 'artists' is terrible! I don't know how anyone can follow people like that on social media when they are typing that way. Get a social media manager!

I've listened to the remix twice and only touch the original. As usual his 'verse' downgraded the song and he's barely staying on topic of the song, a pointless remix. He won't be missed at all.
                            The remix turned the song into the smash that it is though.
                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Queen Dua. She could've remained silent but she chose to stand up to the guy who helped her get her biggest hit in US.

Comment

The fact that it is 2021 and there are still people out there who think that HIV/AIDS is exclusive to “messy gays”…
                                (yet at the same time everybody and their mama nowadays wanna act like expert virologists when it comes to SARS-Cov-2).

In case somebody’s wondering what I’m talking about: DaBaby initially responded to the backlash by stating something along the lines of “I wasn’t hating on my gay fans, ‘cause my gay fans ain’t messy”.
                                I’m paraphrasing of course, but I’m not gonna look it up, because reading his tweets makes my brain cells shriek in agony.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                  So where we are is,

Morgan Wallen uses a racial slur drunken to a fellow White person in jest - Thrown off radio, record deal frozen, CANCELLED and called a racist for 6 months even after apologizing

DaBaby - Says same word 5-6 times in a derogatory way and vilifies the entire gay community - No repercussions for the Black rapper even after he double down son wants he said.

good times, same rules should apply for all, especially when what DaBaby has done is worse.
                                  Morgan Wallen didn't really suffer though. His album was number 1 in America before the controversy happened and once it happened, it stayed number 1 for six more weeks after that. The album hasn't left the top 10 since it dropped in January. Also, country radio stations are playing his music again and he won an award at the Billboard Music Awards(although he wasn't allowed to attend). The album is currently the highest selling album so far in 2021 in America. Even in his interview with Good Morning America, while he did apologize, he did say he didn't mean to say the racial slur as an offense, just a word to say with friends in jest, like there was ever a good time for a white person to say it.

What DaBaby said was stupid but acting like Morgan Wallen was "cancelled" is far from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post

Morgan Wallen didn't really suffer though. His album was number 1 in America before the controversy happened and once it happened, it stayed number 1 for six more weeks after that. The album hasn't left the top 10 since it dropped in January. Also, country radio stations are playing his music again and he won an award at the Billboard Music Awards(although he wasn't allowed to attend). The album is currently the highest selling album so far in 2021 in America. Even in his interview with Good Morning America, while he did apologize, he did say he didn't mean to say the racial slur as an offense, just a word to say with friends in jest, like there was ever a good time for a white person to say it.

What DaBaby said was stupid but acting like Morgan Wallen was "cancelled" is far from the truth.
                                    I Just came to say I'm almost certain Morgan sold more albums BECAUSE of the controversy.
                                    Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

Yeah, i remember Morgan selling 150k units or something like that after the "incident"

Comment

Regarding the thread's title: What actually did DaBaby say that is considered homophic? Relating to LittleLinda 's comment...
                                        Pro: freedom of speech
                                        Contra: cancel culture

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post

The remix turned the song into the smash that it is though.
                                          It shouldn't have needed one! Dua's second verse was much stronger than what DaBaby contributed, by a long shot. I don't have a problem with adding a rap verse to a song if it fits and stays on topic for example Kendrick Lamar on Sia's The Greatest, but not this.

Comment

Originally posted by ludichris View Post

It shouldn't have needed one! Dua's second verse was much stronger than what DaBaby contributed, by a long shot. I don't have a problem with adding a rap verse to a song if it fits and stays on topic for example Kendrick Lamar on Sia's The Greatest, but not this.
                                            Personally I disagree. I really like his version and feel it elevated the song. I mean I like the original too but when it was released it was old and needed something different for the streaming audience !! Seeing as you are one of my favourite users we will obviously agree to disagree and not bicker over it
                                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                            Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Dababy's words were a hot mess, but, my issue is more-so with rapper TI. What he said pissed me the f*** off. I hate name on here.
                                              Diva!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                                                So where we are is,

So far he's lost his deal with Boohoo. I guess we'll see what else happens to him if it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugen View Post

He was cancelled, at least people tried to cancel him, the GP in America just rallied behind him, he had other artists calling him out etc and was taken off radio for a few months at least.

Minus a few LGBT artists Da Baby hasn't received any Blacklash from any artists close to him. Homophobia is a bigger issue in the Black American community so it's not surprising no one is calling out his actions.

I personally never saw an issue with what Morgan did as he wasn't saying it to a Black person or referencing a POC, I don't really understand why it's ok for Da Baby to scream it 5-6 times in a derogatory way and not a care is made of it.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X