This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I said " I think". I am open to the correct distribution. I asked you about this on page one and you never bothered to answer
    Where? I don't recall that
    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldmoney View Post
      The remix brought in a lot of str8 trap heads that wouldn’t have listened to it otherwise, as evidenced by Break My Wallet’s streaming performance. Which is why anytime Levitating made any big power moves on the chart, I’ve always said: “Da Baby ha impact

And the removal from playlists has more to do with disgusted programmers than anything Herpa’s team did.
      Woulda shoulda. It's simply that the song is a smash. I mean there is a reason the original Levitating outstreamed any Moo song except Xmas Song for example
      98 - OUT

Comment

Will the streams of the Rhimix be removed from the album totals if the song is removed from all platforms ? aRat any info on this ?
        Page 2 aRat .. you were even tagged
        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
        Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Woulda shoulda. It's simply that the song is a smash. I mean there is a reason the original Levitating outstreamed any Moo song except Xmas Song for example
          And yet, an original standalone release wouldn’t have even outpeaked Obsessed, Kween’s lowest peaking top 10.
          Greatest Of All Time

Comment

Page 2 aRat .. you were even tagged
            What kinda question ofc the strihms will stay just like how Katy didn't disown or drop 99% of all her hits after the Dr Luke scandal
            98 - OUT

Comment

What kinda question ofc the strihms will stay just like how Katy didn't disown or drop 99% of all her hits after the Dr Luke scandal
              Those are Dr. Luke’s songs as much as they are Kitty’s so it’s not like she had much of a say on that.
              Greatest Of All Time

Comment

The situations are not remotely comparable but nice try to to try and involve Katy in this mess.

I would have thought that if Dua were to remove the track from Spotify completely the streams would also be removed from the album totals. How can you continue to count something that no longer exists... which is why she probably wont remove it from the album.

Comment

• Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Everyone who has dropped DaBaby after his homophobic remarks - A List

iHeartRadio Music Festival

Austin City Limits

Governors Ball

Day N Vegas

Lollapalooza

Boohoo Man brand ambassador deal

Music Midtown in Atlanta

Machester's Parklife Festival

https://ew.com/music/dababy-dropped-...-partnerships/

https://www.newsweek.com/three-more-...mments-1615916

Comment

• It's what she deserves.

I love when people are held accountable for their words or actions!
                      Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• For an anti-hate thread, this thread surely has a lot of hate...
                        jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                          It's what she deserves.

I love when people are held accountable for their words or actions!
                          Absolutely. It is sending a clear message to him and his ilk that things like this will cause them to be shunned and removed from events.

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post
                            For an anti-hate thread, this thread surely has a lot of hate...
                            Agreed. There's a lot of moral superiority and malicious joy involved.
                            Pro: freedom of speech
                            Contra: cancel culture

Comment

For an anti-hate thread, this thread surely has a lot of hate...
                              still nowhere near the hatred and remarks he spew towards LGBTQ and people with HIV/AIDS!!!

and besides that I don’t understand why are you so defensive about this whole mess he put himself into?!

is it because it involves Dua which I wouldn’t be surprised if you feel different towards her just based on her nationality!!!

I mean the whole Europe loves to belittle and think less of Balkan people!!! (Especially towards Albanians)
                              Last edited by Nanda; Thu August 5, 2021, 00:09.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nanda View Post
                                I mean the whole Europe loves to belittle and think less of Balkan people!!! (Especially towards Albanians)
                                Wtf... What Europe are you talking about? And Dua is still very much a British artist, if anything the UK gets the biggest hate out of anyone else in Europe.

I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                  Wtf... What Europe are you talking about? And Dua is still very much a British artist, if anything the UK gets the biggest hate out of anyone else in Europe.
                                  how would you know what I’m talking about if you are not from the region I mentioned?!

Dua can hold any passport and live wherever she likes but still very much she is Albanian!!!

And just last week I was flying Lufthansa business class from New York to Frankfurt and the main Flight Attendant made remarks how all these Former Yugoslav countries are filling up their planes and they are not used to that and how they have no manners among other things…only after she finished what she had to say I told her that I am from Kosovo and things she said they are not nice. She apologized to me but I don’t think that she’ll change her opinion about people from Former Yugoslavia as she liked to say!!!

Comment

still nowhere near the hatred and remarks he spew towards LGBTQ and people with HIV/AIDS!!!
                                    Personally I don't feel hate for anyone - I am not that kind of person. Rather I am happy to see a message being sent that these types of bigoted and homophobic comments being made are not going to be accepted - it is a huge step forward IMO. The fact that he is getting dropped from festivals is big news and definitely would not have happened before.

Add to that the fact that his apologies were so insincere and a bad attempt at saving face - he deserves what he is getting.

As for those accusing people of being morally superior! Do I feel morally superior to a man who went on stage and made deragatory comments about people living with HIV/ Aids, made homophoic comments and insulted women? Hell YES you can be sure I do. And I will make no apologies for that

Comment

how would you know what I’m talking about if you are not from the region I mentioned?!

Dua can hold any passport and live wherever she likes but still very much she is Albanian!!!

And just last week I was flying Lufthansa business class from New York to Frankfurt and the main Flight Attendant made remarks how all these Former Yugoslav countries are filling up their planes and they are not used to that and how they have no manners among other things…only after she finished what she had to say I told her that I am from Kosovo and things she said they are not nice. She apologized to me but I don’t think that she’ll change her opinion about people from Former Yugoslavia as she liked to say!!!
                                      I am from Europe and have never heard anyone degrading the Balkans, not saying that there isn't prejudice, but your argument was crazy considering most people outside of the Balkans don't see Dua Lipa as anything other than a British Act.
                                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Prejudice doesn’t sound any better than what I said, the only difference is that mine is more explicit and to the point of how we feel like when we encounter such a thing…also I am not going to argue with you because it will be pointless. You are not from region and you can only speak from your perspective point of view. As an Albanian from Kosovo myself I have witnessed discrimination but this isn’t topic for me to continue share my experiences!!

secondly, I don’t know where you live but it’s absurd to think people don’t know Dua’s Albanian descent…she literally posts to hundred of millions people on her social media!!!

And just to be clear I am not trying to take her Britishness away from her but also I don’t agree with your statement saying people recognize her only as being British!!!

Comment

• I find it so bizarre that opposing hate speech is somehow seen as 'spreading hate'

​​​​​Imagine getting annoyed at people being angry at homophobic behaviour
                                          Rolling back the rivers in time...

Comment

• Originally posted by BehindBreakaway View Post
                                            I find it so bizarre that opposing hate speech is somehow seen as 'spreading hate'

​​​​​Imagine getting annoyed at people being angry at homophobic behaviour
                                            Point 1 - I know right..

Point 2 - I know right, take two ?
                                            Last edited by InFamous; Thu August 5, 2021, 06:25.

Comment

and besides that I don’t understand why are you so defensive about this whole mess he put himself into?!

is it because it involves Dua which I wouldn’t be surprised if you feel different towards her just based on her nationality!!!

This is so rude and dare I say racist and uncalled for, especially coming by you...

First of all, I am Greek which is a Balkan nationality. I actually feel more at home from Croatia to Oman (the areas where the Byzantines and Ottomans left us with many common traits) than in western Europe.

Second, I have been to Albania, I loved it, I have friends there from my trip and I feel embarrased about some of the things we Greeks have said and done through the last years.

I also have a chart for the last 2-3 years where Dua Lipa is a regular whereas DaBaby has appeared for 2 or 3 weeks max.

Lastly, you should know all these because regularly I gave high points to your (Albanian or Kosovar) entries in FSC so you should get a hint.

The hate I am talking about is the hate expressed in this page in various ways which you also just exhibited right now and I am really sorry that you steeped that low.

Nationality is not the only thing that makes us, personally I speak Turkish and read Turkish literature on a regular basis and, trust me, there are much more differences between Greeks and Turks than between Greeks and Albanians.

However, I don't have to explain myself to you or anybody else here.

Btw, thanks for proving my point. Your comment was clearly prejudicial (and as a result resulting from a place of hate) and if you see us as a group towards which you feel negative feelings, perhaps you should start working with yourself too, along with DaBaby.
                                              Last edited by jio; Thu August 5, 2021, 05:39.
                                              jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

Comment

This is so rude and dare I say racist and uncalled for, especially coming by you...

First of all, I am Greek which is a Balkan nationality. I actually feel more at home from Croatia to Oman (the areas where the Byzantines and Ottomans left us with many common traits) than in western Europe.

Second, I have been to Albania, I loved it, I have friends there from my trip and I feel embarrased about some of the things we Greeks have said and done through the last years.

I also have a chart for the last 2-3 years where Dua Lipa is a regular whereas DaBaby has appeared for 2 or 3 weeks max.

Lastly, you should know all these because regularly I gave high points to your (Albanian or Kosovar) entries in FSC so you should get a hint.

The hate I am talking about is the hate expressed in this page in various ways which you also just exhibited right now and I am really sorry that you steeped that low.

Nationality is not the only thing that makes us, personally I speak Turkish and read Turkish literature on a regular basis and, trust me, there are much more differences between Greeks and Turks than between Greeks and Albanians.

However, I don't have to explain myself to you or anybody else here.

Btw, thanks for proving my point. Your comment was clearly prejudicial (and as a result resulting from a place of hate) and if you see us as a group towards which you feel negative feelings, perhaps you should start working with yourself too, along with DaBaby.
                                                I come only from a place of bolded part above you just admitted AKA discriminated!!!

And I don't hate anyone for their race, sex or nationality...as much as you're trying to put that tag on me.

I am the one here who went through some form of discrimination based on my nationality and sharing that experience with other doesn't make me a hater...it just exposes how we feel when we encounter experiences such as the one you mentioned what others have said and done about us.

Comment

• This thread may have run its course. PM me if you disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X