Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dua Lipa and DaBaby beefing because of DaBaby's homophobia

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

    That guy should loose his record deal (if he has one) and cancelled off festivals (if he's part of any) immediately but his guy is hardly known which is why it's not on anyone radar he has had very minimal success just in America. He has 8 kids to 6 different woman, he's clearly trash.

    Gotta love wikipedia
    Nobody should be losing their jobs just because he said something. The answer is education and not punishment for speech that is based in ideas that at least half a decade ago were pretty much inconsequential. This idea of cancel culture is so hypocritical. The backlash is well justified, cancelling deals and calling for career's end is not.
    jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

    Comment


    • #52
      Anyone who thinks you are going to change the opinions of people who think like that Lil Doosie guy are living in a fantasy world. There is no "education" that will make him see things any different.
      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
      Pronouns: He / Him

      Comment


      • #53
        Originally posted by InFamous View Post
        Anyone who thinks you are going to change the opinions of people who think like that Lil Doosie guy are living in a fantasy world. There is no "education" that will make him see things any different.
        This.

        Comment


        • #54
          Originally posted by jio View Post

          Nobody should be losing their jobs just because he said something. The answer is education and not punishment for speech that is based in ideas that at least half a decade ago were pretty much inconsequential. This idea of cancel culture is so hypocritical. The backlash is well justified, cancelling deals and calling for career's end is not.
          When people show actual remorse I agree but these guys are just being horrible people and showing absolutely no remorse for their actions, what they've said is dangerous, especially for young Black kids who look up to them and lead by their example.

          Da Baby is a celebrity and that comes with strings, you can't be a piece of s**t, it's not that hard not to spit homophobia and racism out into the universe.
          Last edited by Ewokguy15; Fri July 30, 2021, 05:57.

          Comment


          • #55
            Anybody defending DaBaby clearly hasn’t read or comprehended his “apologies”, because they weren’t apologies at all. If anything, they further underlined the fact that he thinks he did nothing wrong.
            I generally agree that educating people is a smarter approach than cancelling them, but after all the nonsense I read from DaBaby and the rappers coming to his defense I feel that each and everyone of them is a lost cause. The stupidity in everything they write and say is just baffling.
            This Boosie guy (whom I’ve never heard of) takes the cake, because he firmly believes that watching a guy dance naked will turn kids gay. I normally roll my eyes when gays call every homophobic guy a closet case - but when it comes to such a logic, I can totally see it. Guess Boosie gets aroused when he sees something like that and his only explanation is that it’s the naked man’s doing.
            What do you say to a man who hooks up his child with a prostitute to prevent them from seeing a naked man and turning gay? You’d have more success educating a flower pot…

            Comment


            • #56


              The Queen has spoken.
              I'm like a dream within a dream that's been decoded

              #FreeBritney

              Comment


              • #57
                Wow @ Lil Whosie? We’ve had years of women naked in videos and on performances…and what does he mean guys “tryna be straight”? They either are or they aren’t, or is he worried that Lil Nas performing naked is gonna turn him gay?
                1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

                Comment


                • #58
                  I agree with jio : People should get educated instead of getting cancelled. People who want to cancel others have that 'holier than thou' attitude and there's probably sonething sadomachistic about them.

                  Calling out rappers for saying politically incorrect stuff though? If anyone ever read a rap song's lyrics or some rapper's CV, you'd know that most of them have hideous characters - and the mainstream fully accepts that. They even cherish their 'bad boy' image. Kendrick Lamar is the exception, not the norm. Considering this, I don't get why DaBaby is singled out when many rappers out there say things ten times worse.
                  Pro: freedom of speech
                  Contra: cancel culture

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    That’s basically like saying white peoples have made slaves of black people for years so we should let them carry on, or men have spoken down to women for years so we should let them carry on…I mean, come on Timmy
                    1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      I agree with jio : People should get educated instead of getting cancelled. People who want to cancel others have that 'holier than thou' attitude and there's probably sonething sadomachistic about them.

                      Calling out rappers for saying politically incorrect stuff though? If anyone ever read a rap song's lyrics or some rapper's CV, you'd know that most of them have hideous characters - and the mainstream fully accepts that. They even cherish their 'bad boy' image. Kendrick Lamar is the exception, not the norm. Considering this, I don't get why DaBaby is singled out when many rappers out there say things ten times worse.
                      Unfortunately, we live in a world where "educating" rarely does anything. There are so many sources out there and common sense is free too. People still choose hate. Its time for action. Using the term "Politically Incorrect" is basically filling a pot hole with mud. They were/are simply being anti-gay. Also, you know what's worse than the "cancel" era we are in? The "I'm entitled to my opinion" era. People have gotten away with hate because they are "entitled to their opinions."

                      Also, being anti-LGBTQ is more than an opinion. Anti-LGBTQ has led to abuse, bullying, job loss, and even murder. If any community knows what getting cancelled feels like, it is the LGBTQ community. The LGBTQ community have been getting "cancelled" for decades.

                      If we don't take action, the young Black gay boy that is affraid to go the barbershop because of the intense Homophobia will not have a chance.

                      I agree that more rappers should be called out!

                      Diva!!!

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        SholasBoy : You should adress the issue. Just not singling out one person to make it seem as if DaBaby was the black sheep among a bunch of peaceful lambs.
                        Pro: freedom of speech
                        Contra: cancel culture

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                          Anybody defending DaBaby clearly hasn’t read or comprehended his “apologies”, because they weren’t apologies at all. If anything, they further underlined the fact that he thinks he did nothing wrong.
                          I generally agree that educating people is a smarter approach than cancelling them, but after all the nonsense I read from DaBaby and the rappers coming to his defense I feel that each and everyone of them is a lost cause. The stupidity in everything they write and say is just baffling.
                          This Boosie guy (whom I’ve never heard of) takes the cake, because he firmly believes that watching a guy dance naked will turn kids gay. I normally roll my eyes when gays call every homophobic guy a closet case - but when it comes to such a logic, I can totally see it. Guess Boosie gets aroused when he sees something like that and his only explanation is that it’s the naked man’s doing.
                          What do you say to a man who hooks up his child with a prostitute to prevent them from seeing a naked man and turning gay? You’d have more success educating a flower pot…
                          Exactly. Anyone thinking they are gonna educate or change people like that are delusional and don't live in reality.
                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                          Pronouns: He / Him

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            Completely agree TIfan .
                            Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                            Pronouns: He / Him

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              We should be careful if we call others out because we may end up getting called out someday as well. And is that really a great feeling? We've got a legal system that takes care of illegal activities. For everything that is legal but morally dubious, I'd say it's better to decide for yourself instead of wishing harm upon them. In that case: If you think DaBaby's statements were too much, don't listen to him, but we don't need a moral police that decides who deserves to get cancelled and who not!
                              Last edited by theMathematician; Fri July 30, 2021, 13:40.
                              Pro: freedom of speech
                              Contra: cancel culture

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                People getting cancelled isn’t a death sentence you know….oh these poor famous people who used their platforms to spread hate have to go and do something else with their lives now let get a real job…boo hoo…
                                1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  We should be careful if we call others out because we may end up getting called out someday as well. And is that really a great feeling? We've got a legal system that takes care of illegal activities. For everything that is legal but morally dubious, I'd say it's better to decide for yourself instead of wishing harm upon them. In that case: If you think DaBaby's statements were too much, don't listen to him, but we don't need a moral police that decides who deserves to get cancelled and who not!
                                  Nobody “decides” who gets cancelled - or do you honestly want to make me believe that if someone post a “cancelsoandso” hashtag on Twitter the whole world magically stops supporting them?
                                  People have, still do and always will decide for themselves, and there’s countless proof of that.
                                  As for losing endorsement deals etc., that, too, is not a new phenomenon brought about by so-called cancel culture. If you are representing a brand, they will drop you like a hot potato once your public image goes down the drain or contradicts company policy. Totally understandable and nothing new. And it goes way beyond “moral” questions, too. If you’re a spokesperson for Coca Cola, you better not be caught drinking Pepsi. If you are a face of Disney, you better not release a sex tape. It’s not rocket science.

                                  The real problem here is that huge amount of today’s “celebrities” have zero media training, are badly educated and have that dangerous, snowflakey “But this is my opinion!” attitude, thinking they can publicly spout whatever nonsense comes to their mind without facing backlash.
                                  Add to that that a vast majority doesn’t even understand the difference between opinions and (false) statements of facts, let alone having even the faintest idea about hate speech and it is no wonder that people get publicly called out left and right.

                                  If you want “cancel culture” to stop, you need to stop making dumb people famous.

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    Some comments here :rolleyes:

                                    seriously for some of you here it’s not OK to cancel someone but it’s ok to spread wrong information to your millions of followers, be hateful and homophobic publicly!!!

                                    check your privileges!!!

                                    and all this ‘oh he did this and the other did that’ there is nothing we can do for the past but we can sure do something for the future!!!

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      I don't even know why yall even bother with theMethhead. Clearly he is one of those people that don't want to be educated or change their views just like InFamous said.

                                      Just like the world is cancelling DaBaby, Ukmix should cancel and ban theMethead for his repeated bigotry. I am beyond tired of reading the insipid and braindead things he writes (and I have him on ignore so I only see when people quote him).
                                      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                      98 - OUT

                                      Comment


                                      • #69
                                        Anyone who is homophobic is trash regardless of their skin color and should be called out and cancelled if necessary. LGBT people are being targeted around the world and trash people DaBaby encourages homophobics and racists to attack them. No pop artist should ever collaborate with him ever.
                                        Cha Cha Instructor

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                          Anyone who thinks you are going to change the opinions of people who think like that Lil Doosie guy are living in a fantasy world. There is no "education" that will make him see things any different.
                                          Rolling back the rivers in time...

                                          Comment


                                          • #71
                                            Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                            I don't even know why yall even bother with theMethhead. Clearly he is one of those people that don't want to be educated or change their views just like InFamous said.

                                            Just like the world is cancelling DaBaby, Ukmix should cancel and ban theMethead for his repeated bigotry. I am beyond tired of reading the insipid and braindead things he writes (and I have him on ignore so I only see when people quote him).
                                            I agree. Some people will never change.
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

                                            Comment


                                            • #72
                                              Originally posted by Nanda View Post
                                              Some comments here :rolleyes:

                                              seriously for some of you here it’s not OK to cancel someone but it’s ok to spread wrong information to your millions of followers, be hateful and homophobic publicly!!!

                                              check your privileges!!!

                                              and all this ‘oh he did this and the other did that’ there is nothing we can do for the past but we can sure do something for the future!!!
                                              No, Nanda that's clearly not what I've said.
                                              jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

                                              Comment


                                              • #73
                                                The thing is jio you simply can't educate some people, they remain trash. You can't educate racist MAGA supporters and you can't educate homophobic rappers.So you do what hits them most, money & career.
                                                Cha Cha Instructor

                                                Comment


                                                • #74
                                                  People still call DaBaby 'homophobic'. This Lil Boosie dude, yes, that statement was homophobic, but I've yet to read anything that 'proves' that DaBaby is homophobic. Could someone finally provide a quote or something?
                                                  Pro: freedom of speech
                                                  Contra: cancel culture

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #75
                                                    Just cut the crap with using the ' ' for the word homophobic,
                                                    You don't just say this during a show: "If you didn't show up today with HIV AIDS, put a cellphone lighter up. Fellas, if you ain't sucking dick in the parking lot, put a cellphone lighter up."

                                                    Then drop a video supporting those lines, with also the message: ""My apologies for being me the same way you want the freedom to be you." and also using rainbow colors to support that

                                                    The guy is trash

                                                    Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you are not able to face consequences for speaking what you think is your truth. Any MAGA supprter can spew their racism but shouldn't be suprised if they face consequences. DaBaby is free to spew his homophobia but the consequence is that he will lose deal with brands, will lose support in parts of the music industry etc. That is the consequence of his freedom to say all of that. etc. etc.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X