Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dua Lipa and DaBaby beefing because of DaBaby's homophobia

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
    The thing is jio you simply can't educate some people, they remain trash. You can't educate racist MAGA supporters and you can't educate homophobic rappers.So you do what hits them most, money & career.
    ... and create resentment that feeds homophobia. Good call
    jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post
      Just cut the crap with using the ' ' for the word homophobic,
      You don't just say this during a show: "If you didn't show up today with HIV AIDS, put a cellphone lighter up. Fellas, if you ain't sucking dick in the parking lot, put a cellphone lighter up."

      Then drop a video supporting those lines, with also the message: ""My apologies for being me the same way you want the freedom to be you." and also using rainbow colors to support that

      The guy is trash

      Freedom of speech doesn't mean that you are not able to face consequences for speaking what you think is your truth. Any MAGA supprter can spew their racism but shouldn't be suprised if they face consequences. DaBaby is free to spew his homophobia but the consequence is that he will lose deal with brands, will lose support in parts of the music industry etc. That is the consequence of his freedom to say all of that. etc. etc.
      So are you really relying on commercial brands to create a less discriminatory world for you? Seriously now?
      jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by jio View Post

        ... and create resentment that feeds homophobia. Good call
        Nope, some pretend to show remorse which is better than openly calling gheys names. People like DaBaby will always hate gays and whatever "education" you plan to give won't work. So yes, better to attack them where it hurts most.
        Cha Cha Instructor

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by jio View Post

          So are you really relying on commercial brands to create a less discriminatory world for you? Seriously now?
          That is not what I said at all, I also honestly don't understand how you got that from what I wrote tbh

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

            Nope, some pretend to show remorse which is better than openly calling gheys names. People like DaBaby will always hate gays and whatever "education" you plan to give won't work. So yes, better to attack them where it hurts most.
            But don't you see that when you are calling for artists to be cancelled because of a remark, you are really asking from them to show fake remorse. Dababy or anyone who makes a comment of that kind won't change his mind from one day to another just because a brand will cancel a deal. But anyone who has such ideas will prefer not to express them in public so he won't be in danger of losing deals. But that does not change private talks or behaviours and if that's what you are really after then OK, do it.

            Gay rights were not won by bans and threats, they were won by visibility, debate and demands of inclusion. Excluding people who believe otherwise instead of trying to erase the reasons people still grew up in such a way is really the exact opposite of what any anti-discriminatory struggle in the history of humanity has been.
            jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by IVyoncé View Post

              That is not what I said at all, I also honestly don't understand how you got that from what I wrote tbh
              That is exactly what you said. And that's exactly the reason why brands are doing it.
              jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by jio View Post

                That is exactly what you said. And that's exactly the reason why brands are doing it.
                You are such a child sometimes

                All he said is that freedom of speech comes with consequences
                DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                98 - OUT

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by aRat View Post

                  You are such a child sometimes

                  All he said is that freedom of speech comes with consequences
                  thank you!

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    You can use UKMIX as a good example.

                    if I were to go off on a racist/homophobic rant I would be banned (cancelled) for it, it would be my choice to spout hate speech on a public forum but I would then need to deal with the consequences.

                    These rappers know what could happen when they say the things they do, half of them can barely string a sentence together but they are smart enough to know that.

                    I really hope DaBaby is the start of something as some of the stuff these people say is deplorable and for the most part, their music is nothing special and the world wouldn’t be missing a lot.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                      You can use UKMIX as a good example.

                      if I were to go off on a racist/homophobic rant I would be banned (cancelled) for it, it would be my choice to spout hate speech on a public forum but I would then need to deal with the consequences.

                      These rappers know what could happen when they say the things they do, half of them can barely string a sentence together but they are smart enough to know that.

                      I really hope DaBaby is the start of something as some of the stuff these people say is deplorable and for the most part, their music is nothing special and the world wouldn’t be missing a lot.
                      I believe this has happened in the past. Racist and homophobic speech is UNACCEPTABLE and those people who think FrEeDoM oF SpEeCH is a pass to be hateful, bigoted and vile towards others need a serious wake up call. But some people will never change. All the education in the world will not change people who still think these action are ok. If you defend these actions/words you are as bad as the person doing/ saying them.
                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                      Pronouns: He / Him

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by aRat View Post

                        You are such a child sometimes

                        All he said is that freedom of speech comes with consequences
                        The way he goes round and round in circles inventing things that people never even said. IVyoncé Everyone else knew exactly what you meant.
                        Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                        Pronouns: He / Him

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by aRat View Post

                          You are such a child sometimes

                          All he said is that freedom of speech comes with consequences
                          ... by brands. That's the only example he could think of... how about gays and gay-friendly people doing the work of educating? No need since we have brands
                          Last edited by jio; Fri July 30, 2021, 16:18.
                          jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by aRat View Post

                            You are such a child sometimes

                            All he said is that freedom of speech comes with consequences
                            ... and to finish this discussion, nobody disagrees that freedom of speech should come with consequences. What I strongly disagree about is what those consequences should be. That's all.

                            And no, an internet community whose members use it mainly for inconsequential chitchat is not comparable to a major current rapper making his living and influencing thousands of people. Even the use of such an example is bizarre IMO
                            jio CHARTS NOW: 17/8/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10690993

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by jio View Post

                              ... and to finish this discussion, nobody disagrees that freedom of speech should come with consequences. What I strongly disagree about is what those consequences should be. That's all.

                              And no, an internet community whose members use it mainly for inconsequential chitchat is not comparable to a major current rapper making his living and influencing thousands of people. Even the use of such an example is bizarre IMO
                              I disagree. Supporting homophobia, racism and bigotry should not be acceptable on ANY platform and that includes UK MIX. I think I speak for the wider community of members at large when I make the comment that no one wants to see such comments on UK Mix, no one thinks they are acceptable ( except you) and I think that is plainly obvious from what people have said.
                              Last edited by InFamous; Fri July 30, 2021, 16:41.
                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                              Pronouns: He / Him

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                I think education can do a lot. But you have to start early. I am a teacher at a primary school and I think hardly any of the kids at our school will turn out homophobic later in life.
                                I also see it in my family, the children of my brother and sister aren't homophobic as they've grown up with me and my husband as their uncles. They have been "taught" since they were born we are just like every other couple. My niece once told me she only found out when she was a teenager that not everyone thinks it's normal to be gay.

                                When it comes to adults, I think the only way to teach them, is to "surround" them with gay people. They have to get to know gay people in their every day life. Maybe work at a home for gay people or work at a youth center for gay people.
                                My brother in law confessed (after knowing me and my husband for a while) how we made him change his mind about gay people. He had a very negative opinion before he came to know us.
                                My Instagram... - Click here

                                Comment


                                • #91
                                  Unlike many people on UKmix, I try to be moderate and take both sides of the stories. Some thoughts.

                                  When it comes to DaBaby, he is clearly homophobic based on what he said. I don't think he should necessarily lose his deal for what he said at his show, but he should definitely lose the deals of all the companies who do not wish to be affiliated with that. That is the game he is playing, after all.

                                  Regarding banning everything homophobia related, aka censorship. These ideas need to be out to the public so they can be refuted openly. Censorship has never turned out fine, and free speech either is absolute or it does not exist. If speech poses direct harm to someone's existence, then measures should be taken to prevent it. Everything else is free speech and is important (and should be addressed).

                                  Regarding LGBTQ hate & others. There are a lot of issues with the community that many will not acknowledge. Not agreeing with the promotion of promiscuity of Lil Nas X and disliking him for selling an image of raw sex does not make anyone homophobe. Not agreeing with someone else's perception of themselves doesn't make anyone -bic. There is space for criticism/disagreements while respecting someone else's existence and rights, yet many people in the new social era feel entitled to be no criticism.

                                  Finally, you don't force people to change. You give them space, resources and you need to understand that mentalities take time to change. You will only gain resistance if you enforce change. It is a big problem that LGBT acceptance has declined in recent years, after decades of continuous growth. And that, imo, exposes inner issues which the LGBT community does not see or want to address.

                                  At the end of the day, creating enemies will only worsen your cause. And this is especially true if you value all human lives.
                                  I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                  I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                                  Comment


                                  • #92
                                    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                    I disagree. Supporting homophobia, racism and bigotry should not be acceptable on ANY platform and that includes UK MIX. I think I speak for the wider community of members at large when I make the comment that no one wants to see such comments on UK Mix, no one thinks they are acceptable ( except you) and I think that is plainly obvious from what people have said.
                                    It is *your* opinion. Are you familiar with the concepts of "internet chambers" and "down the rabbit hole"?
                                    Also, who decides what is homophobia, racism, bigotry, etc? Extreme behaviors are already banned, and UKMix was extremely strict for many years on breaking rules, as a matter of fact. Luckily, the policies here have changed, but unfortunately too late imo. Many amazing members were either banned or just left. ​​​​​​
                                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

                                    Comment


                                    • #93
                                      Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

                                      It is *your* opinion. Are you familiar with the concepts of "internet chambers" and "down the rabbit hole"?
                                      Also, who decides what is homophobia, racism, bigotry, etc? Extreme behaviors are already banned, and UKMix was extremely strict for many years on breaking rules, as a matter of fact. Luckily, the policies here have changed, but unfortunately too late imo. Many amazing members were either banned or just left. ​​​​​​
                                      Where as some returned under new pseudonyms
                                      1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

                                      Comment


                                      • #94
                                        Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

                                        Where as some returned under new pseudonyms
                                        And some haven't.
                                        My Instagram... - Click here

                                        Comment


                                        • #95
                                          Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                          Unlike many people on UKmix, I try to be moderate and take both sides of the stories. Some thoughts.

                                          When it comes to DaBaby, he is clearly homophobic based on what he said. I don't think he should necessarily lose his deal for what he said at his show, but he should definitely lose the deals of all the companies who do not wish to be affiliated with that. That is the game he is playing, after all.

                                          Not agreeing with the promotion of promiscuity of Lil Nas X and disliking him for selling an image of raw sex does not make anyone homophobe.

                                          Regarding banning everything homophobia related, aka censorship. These ideas need to be out to the public so they can be refuted openly. Censorship has never turned out fine, and free speech either is absolute or it does not exist. If speech poses direct harm to someone's existence, then measures should be taken to prevent it. Everything else is free speech and is important (and should be addressed).
                                          Sorry but where and when has Lil Nas X ever promoted the idea of promiscuity or raw sex exactly? ( Raw sex by the way means bareback, not sure if you are aware)

                                          All he has done is dance on a pole in boxer shorts. Cardi and Normani were on poles with their whole asses showing recently. Megan and Cardi were bumping asses live on stage at the Grammys. No one was calling them out for it. Are they also promoting promiscuity and raw sex then ?

                                          If you are only calling out Lil Nas X but not all these women too then yes you are a homophobe.
                                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                          Pronouns: He / Him

                                          Comment


                                          • #96
                                            Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                                            And some haven't.
                                            We don’t know that
                                            1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

                                            Comment


                                            • #97
                                              Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

                                              It is *your* opinion. Are you familiar with the concepts of "internet chambers" and "down the rabbit hole"?
                                              Also, who decides what is homophobia, racism, bigotry, etc? Extreme behaviors are already banned, and UKMix was extremely strict for many years on breaking rules, as a matter of fact. Luckily, the policies here have changed, but unfortunately too late imo. Many amazing members were either banned or just left. ​​​​​​
                                              Feel free to do a survey and see how many people are tired of the racist, bigoted and dumb comments being posted here daily. I can guarantee you it definitely is not only me who feels like this. I can give you ten names right now but I wont speak for others publicly.
                                              Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                              Pronouns: He / Him

                                              Comment


                                              • #98
                                                Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

                                                We don’t know that
                                                I do. I have contact with some outside of UKMIX.
                                                My Instagram... - Click here

                                                Comment


                                                • #99
                                                  Originally posted by RayRay View Post

                                                  I do. I have contact with some outside of UKMIX.
                                                  Wait, there is life on the internet outside of UKMIX? What have I been doing the last 20 years
                                                  1 Camila Cabello |2 Silk Sonic|3 Yola |4 Jennifer Hudson |5 KAWALA

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post

                                                    Wait, there is life on the internet outside of UKMIX? What have I been doing the last 20 years
                                                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                                    Pronouns: He / Him

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X