• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Debs_Wild View Post
    DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
    98 - OUT

Comment

• For most examples, meeting in the middle is actually the way to go in fights and debates. Not necessarily genocides or war crimes though... And if it really comes down to just yes and no, a democratic election helps to find out what the majority prefers.
      Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
      Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
      Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• The problem is there are issues on which little compromise is a given. For example, there are those who want to criminalize abortion in nearly all circumstances.

There are PLENTY of things for which society is on the center, but that isn't what political campaigns concentrate on because that is more nuanced. They need to go big and focus on these wedge issues for which there are less options to compromise. And if your candidate believes the "right" way on abortion, that may be all that matters because the other issues aren't as much a hill to die on.

Comment

• Yeah, there's no 'little bit of abortion'. It's either yes or no. Being a fan of direct democracy, I would do a public vote (It doesn't even have to count until the end of time. You could limit it to let's say 10 years.) and use the result as legitimation for the legislative.

Comment

• Being centrist is NOT meeting halfway on all proposals. It is sometimes going more left, sometimes going more right, and sometimes going halfway.

What I hate about politics these days is how someone can defend one side as if it holds the absolute truth on everything. It's damn insane.
            Well it's not really politics, it's American politics, although it is spreading.

This is why I was really happy with the former Portuguese government, centrist but depending on the more left parties. But then those left parties refused to negotiate and failed the governments budget which was the most left leaning ever. And what happened was that they lost most of their seats in the parliament and the people voted en masse for the centrist (very slightly left leaning) party, which now can do wtf they want without having to leverage with the others. All because the far left parties decided they would not negotiate anymore, and the public lost trust.
            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

But also

The left: let's defend women's reproductive rights
              The right: let's ban abortions
              The right: let's try to bomb abortion clinics
              The right: let's shoot doctors that perform abortions
              The right: let's send letters with anthrax to people working on abortion clinics / planned parenthood
              Elon: See? Both sides are equally as bad!
              Find me here:
              https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
              https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• jordi_89 : This sounds very one-dimensional and 'left = good, right = bad'-like, illustrated by extremist examples. Bombing, shooting and sending letters with anthrax are crimes, and not traditionally right demands.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                  jordi_89 : This sounds very one-dimensional and 'left = good, right = bad'-like, illustrated by extremist examples. Bombing, shooting and sending letters with anthrax are crimes, and not traditionally right demands.
                  Maybe, but it's stuff that's actually happened. The right has villainized abortion so much that a big chunk of them see removing a bunch of cells from a womb way worse than all that I've mentioned.
                  Find me here:

Comment

• The extreme right may think so, true. But if you want to compare properly, you need to compare extreme left and extreme right or moderate left and moderate right. The quotes you linked to the left sound rather moderate - especially compared to the right ones .

Comment

The extreme right may think so, true. But if you want to compare properly, you need to compare extreme left and extreme right or moderate left and moderate right. The quotes you linked to the left sound rather moderate - especially compared to the right ones .
                      When it comes to abortion I don't see the far-left saying crazy stuff, I think.
                      Find me here:

Comment

• Elon Musk's Tesla is paying for employees to get abortions out of state as the Supreme Court looks likely to overturn Roe v. Wade

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon...bio-2022-5?amp

Comment

• I have doubts that a woman willing to go for an abortion would talk with her boss about it, so it seems more PR than anything on side of Musk - as usual.

Comment

• Nope that is something that can be discussed in strict confidence between the woman and her doctor. Tesla, under Elon Musk, is expanding health benefits to cover abortions and when needed, transportation costs to travel to those clinics who legally perform them. No different than someone who has cancer and must travel so a specialized clinic for expert treatment which is often found in different states.

So I don’t believe it’s hype at all. It’s all a part of their benefit package which is a big thing with the job market now a days and employers trying to recruit strong candidates. Just like Google has a video game room or yoga and meditation. All fringe benefits in a wide ranging compensation package.

Comment

• All those employee benefits come at a high price when offered by those tech companies. I've learned how Siemens created an own district in Berlin, officially to have short ways for the employees, but really to ensure that the employers turn dependent from the company and have it become an ever growing part of their life.
                              So nothing that Musk et al. offer to their employees is done because they want to be nice to their staff, especially not someone as power-hungry as Musk.

Comment

• Paying for an abortion is less costly than covering maternity leave, I‘m sure. Which is why Musk and Bezos (of all people) introduced this. Low hanging fruit if you want to make people believe you are not “all about the money”.

Comment

• The deal is on hold
                                  Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                                    The deal is on hold
                                    Why? Did the cheque bounce?

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                      Why? Did the cheque bounce?
                                      Something to do with checking how valid Twitter’s claims are that around 5% of users are bots. No idea why that makes a difference when you’ve already said you were going to buy the damn thing.

Comment

I have doubts that a woman willing to go for an abortion would talk with her boss about it, so it seems more PR than anything on side of Musk - as usual.
                                        Oh absolutely. It's to look good as almost 70% of Americans support abortion rights. Plus it's cheaper, as LittleLinda said.
                                        Find me here:

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Something to do with checking how valid Twitter’s claims are that around 5% of users are bots. No idea why that makes a difference when you’ve already said you were going to buy the damn thing.
                                          He's so ridiculous. Watch him tank Twitter's shares now for whatever reason.
                                          Find me here:

Comment

• Originally posted by jordi_89 View Post

He's so ridiculous. Watch him tank Twitter's shares now for whatever reason.
                                            … and then offer a lower price.

Comment

• The logic

"Democrats are mean now so am gonna vote for racists, bigots and homophobes instead"

But who are we kidding. He is a rich white male. He has ALWAYS voted for republican. He just pretended to be a dem when it suited his image.
                                              DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                              98 - OUT

Comment

• He's playing the same game Donald played. He and his family "were Democrats" for years. They attended many events with them because it was cool to take pics with famous/influential people. But when it was his turn to run for president he pretended to be the "outsider" against this system (that's always been in his favour). And people always fall for it. The US are truly a society full of dumb people.
                                                Find me here:

Comment

• Complaining about someone being all about division and hate when his own tweet is designed to be nothing but divisive.
                                                  “watch their dirty tricks campaign against me unfold”
                                                  Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

The logic

"Democrats are mean now so am gonna vote for racists, bigots and homophobes instead"

But who are we kidding. He is a rich white male. He has ALWAYS voted for republican. He just pretended to be a dem when it suited his image.
                                                    For a billionaire, he’s a dumb as a box of rocks. Much like Dump before, his tweets are rapidly falling down the IQ scale the more he posts. I’d like to think he’s trolling but what would be the point? I actually can’t believe I somewhat respected him before this.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X