Mass Shooting In Buffalo, New York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Shooting In Buffalo, New York

So,looks like a racist White M********* went into a Supermarket and murdered a bunch of Black people. But I was told racism was dead. "Black people complain too much."

Originally posted by HouseTargaryen View Post
    So,looks like a racist White M********* went into a Supermarket and murdered a bunch of Black people. But I was told racism was dead. "Black people complain too much."
    This is awful but not only black people were killed, 2 white people were shot and possibly killed too.

Who told you racism was over? Racism will always exist from every race, I don’t remember anyone ever saying that.

Comment

Just another day in the USA unfortunately.

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

This is awful but not only black people were killed, 2 white people were shot and possibly killed too.
      I don't think pointing this out is helpful when the killer identified themselves as a white supremacist - we shouldn't downplay racism, especially when it's this horrific and blatant.

Come Play: GUESS THE VIDEO!

Comment

Originally posted by JimJim View Post
        Just another day in the USA unfortunately.

I don't think pointing this out is helpful when the killer identified themselves as a white supremacist - we shouldn't downplay racism, especially when it's this horrific and blatant.
        I hadn’t seen he had identified himself as a White Supremacist, I just saw what the media had said.

it is just another day in America, this will sadly be old news in 3 days when another one happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
          An 18-year-old white man has shot dead 10 people in a black neighbourhood of New York state in what authorities are calling a racially motivated attack.

The man, named as Payton Gendron in court papers, was arrested after a stand-off at the scene - a supermarket in the city of Buffalo. The suspect entered the store on Saturday afternoon before opening fire. He livestreamed the attack online. US President Joe Biden condemned what he called an "abhorrent" act.

"We are investigating this incident as both a hate crime and a case of racially-motivated violent extremism," said Stephen Belongia, from the FBI's Buffalo office, adding there was evidence of "racial animosity."

CBS news reported that the attacker shouted racial slurs during the shooting and suggested that he had a racial slur written on his weapon. He also apparently posted a manifesto online which included racist language and ideas. The suspect is believed to have driven for some 200 miles to reach the predominantly black area of the city. Thirteen people were shot in total and the majority of the victims were black, Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said.

"He exited his vehicle. He was very heavily armed. He had tactical gear. He had a tactical helmet on. He had a camera that he was live-streaming what he was doing," Mr Gramaglia told reporters.

He said the suspect surrendered his weapon after a tense stand-off and was taken into custody. He later appeared in court charged with first degree murder. The three wounded victims - who all worked at the supermarket - have not sustained life-threatening injuries. A retired police officer who was working as a security guard tried to shoot the suspect but was among those killed, police said.

"This is the worst nightmare that any community can face and we are hurting, we are seething right now," Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown told reporters. "We cannot let this hateful person divide our community or our country," he added.

Grady Lewis, who witnessed the attack from across the street, told local media that he saw the man open fire. "I saw the guy go in, army-style, bent over, just shooting at people," he said.

Shonnell Harris, who was working in the shop during the attack, told Buffalo News that she heard more than 70 shots as she ran to escape the building through a backdoor. "The store was full. It was the weekend," she said. "It feels like a nightmare."

Describing the aftermath of the attack, one police officer told Buffalo News: "It's like walking onto a horror movie, but everything is real. It is Armageddon-like".

Later on Saturday, New York Governor Kathy Hochul said the suspect was a "white supremacist who has engaged in an act of terrorism". This was "a military style execution targeting people who simply wanted to buy groceries in a neighbourhood store," she said while visiting Buffalo.

In a statement, US President Joe Biden said he and the First Lady were praying for the victims and their families. "A racially-motivated hate crime is abhorrent to the very fabric of this nation," he said. "We must do everything in our power to end hate-fuelled domestic terrorism."
          Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

It’s 2022. I genuinely don’t know how an 18 year old can become filled with so much hate. Something has gone very seriously wrong in this man’s past to lead him to this point in his life. I mean this isn’t a whim, it’s premeditated and deliberate. You aren’t born racist and you aren’t born a white supremacist. There is more to this and those that taught him such things need to be held accountable too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

I hadn’t seen he had identified himself as a White Supremacist, I just saw what the media had said.

it is just another day in America, this will sadly be old news in 3 days when another one happens.
              Of course it was you, someone who has made many anti-Black comments on UKmix, ran up in here with that bulls***.

Comment

Originally posted by HouseTargaryen View Post

Of course it was you, someone who has made many anti-Black comments on UKmix, ran up in here with that bulls***.
                I have never once made a single anti-black comment in my life let alone on this forum, don’t do that, don’t call people racists when they aren’t, please tell me you are not referring to comments I’ve made about Drag Queens who happen to be Black… cause if you are, get real.

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                  It’s 2022. I genuinely don’t know how an 18 year old can become filled with so much hate. Something has gone very seriously wrong in this man’s past to lead him to this point in his life. I mean this isn’t a whim, it’s premeditated and deliberate. You aren’t born racist and you aren’t born a white supremacist. There is more to this and those that taught him such things need to be held accountable too.
                  I can understand where this type of hate comes from. I think it will only get worse because social media made it so, that we have lost a common ground based in factual reality. Trump was able to show how easy it is to charge up people and indoctrinate them with nonsense.

Society is failing before our eyes. It is eroding away day by day.
                  My Chart

Comment

Poor victims, RIP to all of them. I don't know what to write or say anymore. Nobody is doing a SINGLE THING to prevent these attacks, it's very tiring.

Can we consider this terrorism?
                    Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                      Poor victims, RIP to all of them. I don't know what to write or say anymore. Nobody is doing a SINGLE THING to prevent these attacks, it's very tiring.

Can we consider this terrorism?
                      Th authorities defined it as hate crime.
                      5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

The video of his act has been streamed online and is being reposted on Twitter.
                        5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

Disgusting.

And sadly I think stevyy might be right - My guess is that this kid probably went down the rabbit hole of supremacy radicalization online.

Comment

The suspect is believed to have driven for some 200 miles to reach the predominantly black area of the city. [...]

"He exited his vehicle. He was very heavily armed. He had tactical gear. He had a tactical helmet on. He had a camera that he was live-streaming what he was doing," Mr Gramaglia told reporters.
                            The jury: Could this be self-defence?
                            Find me here:
                            https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                            https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

Originally posted by jordi_89 View Post

The jury: Could this be self-defence?
                              Edit: indeed a possibility
                              Last edited by DnBLover; Mon May 16, 2022, 18:47.
                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
                                A gunman who killed 10 people at a supermarket in Buffalo, New York, planned further attacks after the mass shooting on Saturday, police have said.

The suspect, 18, drove more than 320km (200 miles) to carry out what is believed to be a racially-motivated crime.He planned to keep driving and "shoot more black people," Buffalo's police chief told US media.

A pensioner, a former policeman and a grandmother were among the victims. Mayor Byron Brown said the suspect arrived in Buffalo intending to take "as many black lives as possible".

A 180-page document seemingly authored by the alleged attacker Payton Gendron has emerged, in which he describes himself as a fascist and a white supremacist.

Questions are being asked about how he was able to carry out the shooting when concerns had already been raised. "I want to know what people knew and when they knew it," New York Governor Kathy Hochul told ABC News.

FBI officials have confirmed that the gunman spent a day and a half in hospital undergoing a mental health evaluation last year after he wrote that he wanted to commit a murder/suicide in a high school project.

No criminal charges resulted from the incident, and Buffalo police chief Joseph Gramaglia told reporters the gunman had only made "generalised threats". He does not appear to have remained under watch by authorities.

Mr Gramaglia told US media that there was evidence to suggest he wanted to targeted a second store on Saturday if he had not been stopped.

Meanwhile, the gun store owner who sold the semi-automatic used in the attack told several US outlets that no alert came up when he ran the suspect's name through a government background check system.

New York's Attorney General Letitia James said her office would focus on extremist material online.

"This event was committed by a sick, demented individual who was fuelled [by a] daily diet of hate," she said.

The shooting has stunned the local community. One of those attending a vigil on Sunday told Reuters: "It just hurts, why somebody would do that."

Ten died and three others were injured.

Of the 13 people shot, 11 were black. Among those reported killed were a man buying cupcakes for his son's birthday and a woman who had gone shopping after visiting her husband at a nursing home.

The attacker, dressed in military gear, drove into the car park at Tops Friendly Market in Buffalo - an area in which police said he had done "reconnaissance" the day before - at about 14:30 EST (19:30 BST) and began livestreaming the rampage.

A security guard fired several shots back but the gunman's bulletproof vest stopped one that hit him, police said. He then killed the guard and stalked through the store firing at other people.

Witnesses described horrific scenes. "It's like a nightmare... you see this on TV, you hear about it on TV... but I never thought I would be one of them," said one.

Among the victims was Katherine Massey, 72, who had written in favour of federal gun legislation for her local paper less than a year ago.

The gunman was arrested after the attack and has pleaded not guilty to murder charges.

US President Joe Biden said facts were still being established but strongly condemned racist extremism. "We must all work together to address the hate that remains a stain on the soul of America," he said.

The White House said Mr Biden and the First Lady would travel to Buffalo on Tuesday to meet with the community.

Saturday's attack is thought to be the worst mass shooting so far in the US in 2022. Some 40,000 deaths a year involve firearms in America, a figure that includes suicides - and mass shooting events occur frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

The guy unfortunately has shot himself already, no jury.
                                  He’s in custody and pleading not guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC
                                    Less than a day after the attack in New York state, police in southern California said one person had been killed and five injured in a shooting at a church in Orange County.

A man in his sixties was arrested after some of the churchgoers tackled him and tied him up by the ankles using an extension cord, a local sheriff said.

Comment

Originally posted by Artoo View Post

He’s in custody and pleading not guilty.
                                      OK that's two new things. I had read he shot himself. Did he shoot himself or was it fake news?

Pleading not guilty? I hope this fcking idiot gets his brain dissected alive to study what fcking poison is inside.

​​​​

Comment

A security guard fired several shots back but the gunman's bulletproof vest stopped one that hit him, police said. He then killed the guard and stalked through the store firing at other people
                                        Nice, good guy with a gun...Oh wait.....

Sick. Sick. No words for this.

Comment

Wait… the article doesn’t really spell it out, but did he buy the guns after he had been mentally evaluated for threatening to shoot up a school?

But either way it is quite telling that in ‘murica you can write about wanting to kill blacks - as long as you keep your threats general, they won’t keep you in hospital or under police watch - then drive to a black neighbourhood to do all necessary reconnaissance, announce your plans to go on a racist killing spree, drive there again in full military gear with your semi-automatic weapons, start a livestream of you killing several people, including the “good guy with a gun” who surprisingly is not able to stop you - oh damn, if only there had been a Fox News reporter with better aim who could’ve taken him down (if he had a clear shot while the psycho had to reload), but I digress - and yet again, all that’s gonna come from this is devastated families and a myriad of “thoughts & prayers” tweets. But only until the next big shooting happens and everyone will forget about this one.

I’m so sick of this. “Home of the brave”, my a**!

Comment

Just another day in Amuhrica
                                            DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

Working...
                                            X