No announcement yet.

US Politics: Biden regains frontrunner status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm torn between Biden (who I think would be a "safe" President but would potentially bring some much needed normality in the US) and Pete as I think he'd give the establishment a right shake up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      I'm torn between Biden (who I think would be a "safe" President but would potentially bring some much needed normality in the US) and Pete as I think he'd give the establishment a right shake up.
      I think this is exactly the tension many democrats are facing. Do you go for someone you know (ie. “Safe”) vs choosing someone completely outside the box?

IMO people may be looking toward the devil they know after the Trump years.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
        Is it too early to congratulate Trump on his second term as The President?
        The way the world is going, he’ll walk it and then Donald Trump Jr will be in for the next 8 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
          The way the world is going, he’ll walk it and then Donald Trump Jr will be in for the next 8 years.
          Yeah, I feel like Trump's going to win the electoral college and lose the popular vote by an even bigger margin.
          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Michael Bennet is also running for president. I've seen some of his speeches in Congress and I think I like him.

Joe Biden for me is a big misstep. No one attached to the old political system should be running.
            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• There are just way too many running now. I can only think these splinters are causing some candidates to not consolidate support.

Comment

• A fake viral video makes Nancy Pelosi look drunk. Facebook won’t take it down.

A doctored video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that makes it seem as though she’s drunkenly slurring her words at a public event has spread across the internet in recent days, but Facebook doesn’t plan to take it down. It’s the latest example of the ease with which misinformation can spread online.

The video continues to be widely available online. YouTube took it down, but Facebook has left it up, even though it’s acknowledged it’s fake.

Facebook’s third-party fact checkers reviewed the video on Thursday evening and rated it as false, and now the company is reducing its distribution and showing additional context alongside it in the form of a related article in news feeds where it appears. But Facebook’s community standards don’t require that information posted on the platform is true.

Combine the rise of deepfake videos with social media companies’ unwillingness and inability to effectively moderate misleading content, and the Pelosi video is likely just one of many more altered videos we’ll see as we head into the 2020 presidential election.

Full article: https://www.vox.com/recode/2019/5/24...facebook-trump
                It's going to be a mess in 2020. The question is whether these social media companies have more of a responsibility?

Comment

• But....wait....what....I mean....
                  5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• The “squad” and that dem debate have secured another term for Trump, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t win again tbh. The 2020 election will be entertaining to watch regardless I think I’m the only person here who has come to like Trump and do not think he is everything liberal media accuse him of being, perhaps I’m mad.
                    My tits are made of silicone, just like the Earth and sea...

Comment

• Perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrazyCrazy View Post
                        The “squad” and that dem debate have secured another term for Trump, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t win again tbh. The 2020 election will be entertaining to watch regardless I think I’m the only person here who has come to like Trump and do not think he is everything liberal media accuse him of being, perhaps I’m mad.
                        Trump's tactics backfired at the last House of Representatives election, I think demographics might be part of his and Republican Party downfall unless state governments come at real lengths to restrict voting rights and turn to full-on voter purge.

Comment

• It's sad, but racists being racist has lost a bit of its shock value for me.

And not just for me, it seems. At literally any moment of the past 50 years, immigrants and kids in cages, racist attacks on US congresswomen and white nationalist chants at the president's rallies would've been enough to end that presidency in a second. But today, the president's approval ratings won't even take the slightest hit from any of that. Worse, half of the country will turn on these women for speaking up.

Yet somehow some people here still believe it's 'the left' or 'the liberal media' who have radicalized.

Comment

• Tulsi came out in full "Kamala is a cop" swing last night

Comment

The “squad” and that dem debate have secured another term for Trump, I’ll be surprised if he doesn’t win again tbh. The 2020 election will be entertaining to watch regardless I think I’m the only person here who has come to like Trump and do not think he is everything liberal media accuse him of being, perhaps I’m mad.
                              Perhaps you are mad. I don't know.
                              I surely know you are clueless, that is for sure. Someone who defends the coal industry, who threatens to start wars left and right, who is corrupt and violates democratic principles on a daily basis.

But please keep telling us how much good he's done to the world. I'm sure you are in favour of Brexit as well. Have fun.
                              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                Perhaps you are mad. I don't know.
                                I surely know you are clueless, that is for sure. Someone who defends the coal industry, who threatens to start wars left and right, who is corrupt and violates democratic principles on a daily basis.

But please keep telling us how much good he's done to the world. I'm sure you are in favour of Brexit as well. Have fun.
                                MY INSTAGRAM

Free Amazon Vouchers

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                  It's sad, but racists being racist has lost a bit of its shock value for me.

And not just for me, it seems. At literally any moment of the past 50 years, immigrants and kids in cages, racist attacks on US congresswomen and white nationalist chants at the president's rallies would've been enough to end that presidency in a second. But today, the president's approval ratings won't even take the slightest hit from any of that. Worse, half of the country will turn on these women for speaking up.

Yet somehow some people here still believe it's 'the left' or 'the liberal media' who have radicalized.
                                  I'm flabbergasted by that, too. And it wasn't even a slow process that led us there. All of a sudden things like these don't seem to matter anymore, and it's shocking. It seems like humanity needs WW3 to wake up again.

Comment

I get it, he's such a likable kind hearted man. Him telling 4 American Woman to go back to their countries because they aren't White was clearly spun by liberal media!!!.

Comment

• America is a bit f*cked up sometimes, so yep, I can totally see Trump winning again.
                                      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Trump is winning 2020. He doesn’t have to do any TV appearances or debates.
                                        That man is an embarrassment to all dogs
                                        | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• I can't wait to watch the celebrity meltdowns if it happens.

Comment

• This "white supremacy" thing is getting on my nerves and Trump is doing nothing to prevent, actually he fans the flames.

And some Republican congressman said that without rapes and incest, human race might've disappeared
                                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Buying Greenland is the most stupid distraction in political history, Trump has outdone himself

Comment

• He actually thought she was going to sell him 98% of her country's land area, including 55k people.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                                  This "white supremacy" thing is getting on my nerves and Trump is doing nothing to prevent, actually he fans the flames.

And some Republican congressman said that without rapes and incest, human race might've disappeared
                                                  You know things aren't good when you find yourself checking on real estate in Canada and Australia just in case you need a backup plan. It's unimaginable that half the country is willing to go along with this garbage in 2019.

Comment

• might sound weird, but all those Scaramuccis and Steve Bannons at least kept some form of BS detector, now he's gone off the rails

Comment

Working...
                                                    X