No announcement yet.

US Politics: Biden takes office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Britney Spears Janet Jackson Christina Aguilera Michael Jackson Selena Gomez Hilary Duff Taylor Swift Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Except none of this is taking accountability. Getting Republicans on record for what? What did this impeachment accomplish?
      It got some Republicans thinking about their future. There is s still some on the Conservative side of American politics who want to wean themselves off the Trump populist cult and the 7 Republicans voting to impeach him is a start. Hopefully chipping away and time will see his hold on the GOP fade into history. Having it a bit each way was Mitch McConnell the Republican leader in the Senate but his words were interesting. Trump committed a “disgraceful dereliction of duty” by refusing to intervene as his supporters carried out a violent insurrection at the Capitol. “There’s no question, none, that President Trump is practically, and morally, responsible for provoking the events of the day,”

Trump will face New York, Georgia and probably soon DC criminal prosecutors. Then there is the potential for civil suits. Thankfully it is not going to be smooth sailing for him.

Comment

• And to think that George W. Bush did not face any criminal charges...
        jio CHARTS NOW: 23/2/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10567062

Comment

To me this impeachment was a wrong move. We all knew he was never getting convicted, that was never going to happen. It's a waste of time, money, more promotion for him, plus it probably only further enrages his supporters.

Now take him to court regarding the obvious crimes he has committed with evidence. But stop the useless. federal level persecution.

He is very dangerous and I don't think the democrats are helping by allowing him to stay in the limelight.
          ​​​​
          I think the outcome was arguably known, as Senators for the most part are no different to any other politicians - spineless. Voting along party lines on this issue was unforgiveable and I sincerely hope that each of the 43 Republican Senators that did this all suffer immensely in the next vote.

But the trial was important, it told the story of the Capitol insurrection very well and it is now at least on record.

Trump has a tonne of legal issues, surely one of them needs to stick to Teflon Trump?! If one of them did, are convicted criminals allowed to run for office?

Comment

Could totally happen. Imagine him even more senile in 2024.
            He will never be president again. He is up to his eyes in legal problems that Hillary and her missing emails look holier than the Pope.

The democrats have had four years to work out how to stop him gaining a second term. The second impeachment was a complete bonus and a possible shortcut to the endgame, but unsurprisingly it didn’t come off. But Biden winning was their first step, and now they have four years to initiate the rest of their plans.

The best he can hope for now is to be president of a seniors retirement club.

Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post

The best he can hope for now is to be president of a seniors retirement club.
              You are too optimistic. The fact that most of the Republican senators have not turned their backs on him only shows how much support there is for the man. 74 million people voted for him, enough to win the election on any other year.

The impeachment trial will have no effect on that. Everyone who would judge him by what he did leading to the Capitol incident had already done so prior to this trial. Now he gets to say he was acquited a second time.
              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

You are too optimistic. The fact that most of the Republican senators have not turned their backs on him only shows how much support there is for the man. 74 million people voted for him, enough to win the election on any other year.

The impeachment trial will have no effect on that. Everyone who would judge him by what he did leading to the Capitol incident had already done so prior to this trial. Now he gets to say he was acquited a second time.
                You’re calling ME optimistic?

He has no chance. Bookmark me and quote me in four years.
                Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• He will come stronger in 2024. Mark my words
                  Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• I think there is others in the Republican party with an ambition to run for President like Nikki Haley who will be trying to now side line Trump. Trump's fanatical core base was not enough to win him the last election and many Republicans and their backers will now strongly believe he can not win in 2024. Like menime123 said methinks Trump will also be focussed on legal issues as he no longer has the protection of incumbency. He can still cause a lot of harm to American democracy though.

Comment

Working...
                    X