No announcement yet.

US Politics: FBI Search Trump’s Mar-a-Lago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The democratic party just seems to be burying themselves deeper and deeper. What do you expect with a mummy for a leader but still...
    Last edited by DnBLover; Tue August 9, 2022, 13:25.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• It is such an unforced error to me. Who was asking Nancy to visit Taiwan?

At least there's a climate change bill that looks like it may pass and the jobs report was good today, so there is some good news for Democrats.

Comment

• Taiwan is an independent, progressive, democratic state and it should be recognized as such. There really aren't that many of them in East Asia, so they need our support. What's China going to do? Terminate diplomatic relations with all Western nations? Start a trade war? Invade?

A war would almost certainly bring China's already weakening economic growth to a complete halt and call into question the legitimacy of their entire political system. Growth is the sole reason why Xi has been able to hold on to power for so long. Not to mention what would happen if the invasion fails. Does the Chinese army have any experience in military conflicts? I think the CP is scared of another democratic uprising in their own country. It's happened before.

Comment

• Comment

• GET HIM.
            5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• This is huge news. The news here is that the FBI wouldn’t have been granted a warrant without proving reasonable cause of criminality.

The nerve of Trump saying this would only happen in a ‘third world country’ is frankly disgusting. The man has no respect for authority, no respect for the rule of law and no respect for common decency.

Looks like the election wasn’t stolen but presidential papers were
              Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post
                The nerve of Trump saying this would only happen in a ‘third world country’ is frankly disgusting. The man has no respect for authority, no respect for the rule of law and no respect for common decency.
                France have recently locked up their former president. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

France have recently locked up their former president. Just saying.
                  Yeah but France also used to chop off their royals heads too

I don’t think the US would ever imprison a president - it isn’t conducive with image they like to project on the world stage. It would be very bad for business - if he’s found guilty of any wrong doing, at worst I suspect house arrest and at best a presidential pardon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

Yeah but France also used to chop off their royals heads too
                    Good times.

Comment

• I truly have to agree with Sen Hawley and VP Pence. The Justice department has been weaponized in a manner it has never been before. President Trump has been accused and vindicated many, many times before. This is just another charade of an attempt to prevent him from running for office. Regardless whether it’s Trump or DeSantis, there will be a changing of the guard. Recession and crime is not the American way and households are suffering. While others may and have opined different, my resolve remains in the spirit and resolve of the US of A.
                      God Bless America and May God Bless Our Troops.

“Missouri GOP Sen. Josh Hawley, a potential 2024 contender, criticized Biden, saying that he "has taken our republic into dangerous waters" and called for Garland to either resign or be impeached.

"At a minimum, Garland must resign or be impeached. The search warrant must be published. Christoper Wray must be removed. And the FBI reformed top to bottom," Hawley tweeted.

Former Vice President Mike Pence called on Garland to provide a "full accounting" of the FBI search.

"I share the deep concern of millions of Americans over the unprecedented search of the personal residence of President Trump," Pence tweeted.

"Yesterday's action undermines public confidence in our system of justice and Attorney General Garland must give a full accounting to the American people as to why this action was taken, and he must do so immediately," he said.”

source: CNN
                      My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• A senior, independent judge had to sign off on the search - and they would not have done that without hugely evident probable cause.

Comment

• Unfortunately these judges all have an R or D and sometimes I associated with them. They often must follow the lead of the commanding officers and interpret the law accordingly.
                          My legacy is that I stayed on course… from the beginning to the end, because I believed in something inside of me. — Tina Turner

Comment

• Trump will win 2024 elections unless they ban him from participating. There are so many idiots who would vote for him after all that happened.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

• Classifying almost 70 million Americans idiots is a bit bizarre and condescending. I do realize this is an international forum and love it’s merits. But sometimes I feel sorry for those who live in countries where liberty, justice and freedom is more of a luxury privy to a select few and a not a right.

Ever since Biden took office the US and the world has spiraled down a dreaded path. If someone from Turkey feels that US voters who want crime to go back down believing in law and order; don’t want the world to view as the US as weak and choose to annex countries at their whims; want an economy that helps and encourages individuals to prosper and ideas to flourish, then call me and others an idiot for wanting all that and more. Trump or anyone but Biden or Harris in 2024.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugo View Post
                                  I'M PEEING
                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• It’s very sad indeed. Her pain and in turn, Trump’s disappointment is very palpable. If not for Biden and this economy and subsequent shortages, Kleenex would be sending out boxes of tissues to everyone au gratis. But I guess we are left to our own devices here.

Comment

• If peope choose to vote for a racist and homophobic person, they are idiots in my view. Same goes for all Turkish people who vote for conservatives which makes us regress to the middle age civilizations. I consider myself an apolitic person but i hate all conservative people with my guts.

It's easy to blame Biden for international affairs when Republicans are the ones who are refusing to end domestic terrorism. And yes, each shooting is an act of terrorism in my eyes, senseless killings of innocent people.
                                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• tbh i don't think trump is homophobic or racist, i don't think he cares about either. he doesn't care about anyone but power and he'll just say anything to appease hardcore republicans because they're the easiest to manipulate. shake the bible, say all lives matter and tell people they can wear masks only if they want to. they'll eat up every word after that.
                                        what's going on?

Comment

• It’s funny how everyone thinks this is an attempt to discreet him from running in 2024, but we all forget the FBI raided Hillary days before the 2016 election.

Comment

• Neither Biden nor Trump will be around in 2024. Biden is old and fragile, while Trump is old and fragile and fat as phuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                              Trump will win 2024 elections unless they ban him from participating. There are so many idiots who would vote for him after all that happened.
                                              I fully agree. If he is running, he and the supreme court will dismantle whatever is left of the democratic process and will swipe...

Republican voters are bad people. I know it sounds drastic, but this is my take. I mean they are actually discussing banning inter-racial marriages and want to make such relationships illegal like it's 1612 again. The complete disregard for human rights is beyond troublesome and it is beyond me Zeph how anyone could in all seriousness defend anything the Republicans have done.

Now, the democrats aren't that much better either, but from what I have seen and heard, they are pro basic human rights (with the exception of health care ofc).

Also, blaming the current gvernment for ... a lot of the economic problems of today... is really ... not smart, imo.
                                              Some mistakes were made. But overall, the current governent is facing outside problems and left-over problems from the Trump era.

Also, Margorie Taylor Greene wants all gays to die and she is an active political and public servant of the Republican Party. I won't defend such convictions.
                                              My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                                Neither Biden nor Trump will be around in 2024. Biden is old and fragile, while Trump is old and fragile and fat as phuck.
                                                you forgot that Trump also has an IQ of 83 or sth. He dumb.
                                                My Chart

Comment

• stevyy

Politics is never black or white. It’s always some shade of grey:

GOP support for same-sex marriage bill reflects a shift among Republican voters

Forty-seven House Republicans voted with Democrats to codify same-sex marriage into federal law, reflecting a majority of Republican voters who now support gay unions.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna39089

Obviously there is no longer such a thing as real
                                                  news as all we are fed is someone’s version of the truth. As an American who was proud enough to serve in the military and then go one to live the so-called American Dream, I realized there is no white picket fence but there is the right to self determination and liberty along with other freedoms. I’ve voted for Trump and would vote for anyone running against Biden/Harris because my country and the world depends on it. The US was always the official flag bearer and now we have other leaders (dictators) totally ignoring the rules and doing as they please (Russia invasion in Ukraine; China’s relentlessly pursuing Taiwan; North Korea ready to go to war; etc etc). Then within the US, inflation and the way the democrats are attacking the middle class and basically feeding a crime wave that we haven’t seen since the 70s.

This brings to mind the proverb: ‘Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.’ This proverbial saying suggests that the ability to work is of greater benefit than a one-off handout. I’m quite lucid of the fact that many here may not share my political views, but I totally believe in small government, lower taxes, less regulation and a robust national defense.

In defending Trump, I can point to his pledge to end the spread of HIV/AIDS in a decade and his appointment of a gay man, Richard Grenell, to serve as US ambassador to Germany. Grenell also oversaw the previous administration’s global effort to decriminalize homosexuality in nearly 70 countries.

Every Democrat may not always agree with their parties position on certain policies. The same goes with Republicans and Independents. However, if you have to allow people to succeed and create and grow without limiting them. And I’d rather have a strong President who may be a hard head that the world respects and who was able to sustain our economy’s flourishing then someone who is not taken seriously and leading the US into a downward spiral.

And yes I’m very familiar with all the Democratic talking points and what they herald as Biden’s achievements but it all boils down to at what cost and if you really can credit someone with trying to fix what they themselves broke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post
                                                    I do realize this is an international forum and love it’s merits. But sometimes I feel sorry for those who live in countries where liberty, justice and freedom is more of a luxury privy to a select few and a not a right.
                                                    Not sure which countries you are referring to, but funnily enough your description sounds very much like the US to me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X