US Politics: Inauguration Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Secretaries of State and CIA directors don't start wars though. Presidents do.
    They offer advice. I remember the days when George W Bush was led by Dick Cheney and Colin Powell into some truly abysmal decisions, and then Obama decided to keep some of the Bush operatives instead of prosecuting them for war crimes.
    We shouldn't be naive, every recent US President inherits such a difficult position which is entangled deeply into the military-industrial complex. So much so, that it is almost impossible to not commit any war crimes.
    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• You know that I'd open the box of pandora if I started discussing why I consider the Greens too hardcore. So I'd rather state them and conclude that I'm fine with you thinking otherwise. I'm not a fan of the Green's views in the fields of migration, economics, education as well as social, regional and traffic issues. What I like is their support of same-gender marriages and some of their argricultural politics.
      You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
      I should walk away.
      Oh, I should walk away.
      But I think I'll stay.
      (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• Thrilled about this.

I admit to feeling worried about what will happen to Trump after his loss. I think his ability to function depended more on him maintaining his position than what most are aware of, and I'm frightened that there'll be more anti social behaviour from him too. Of course, he deserves no sympathy anyway.

This is a good outcome to what has been an otherwise horrific year. Happy for America.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Like all decent people, I hate to see racists, misogynists and homophobes succeed. No matter where.
          As if you ever once gave even a tiny smidgen of an impression that you supported Trump ..

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoshie View Post
            Thrilled about this.

I admit to feeling worried about what will happen to Trump after his loss. I think his ability to function depended more on him maintaining his position than what most are aware of, and I'm frightened that there'll be more anti social behaviour from him too. Of course, he deserves no sympathy anyway.

This is a good outcome to what has been an otherwise horrific year. Happy for America.
            First thing is probably Melania divorcing him. Haven't seen any love between them. Shame she probably has to sign an agreement to keep silent like his other ex. The stories she could tell...
            My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

• Melania is probably frightened to get a divorce...
              I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
              I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by SpyVsSpy View Post

Whatever happens in 2024, i hope the new president brings much needed calm to US society in the meantime (because that too impacts the rest of the world).
                He can't be president again. You can only hold the presidential office once apparently, regardless of one term there or not. So Trump can never be president again.... His sons however...

Absolutely buzzing for Joe & even more so Kamala. It's truly historic!
                thank u, next

Comment

• Originally posted by shinydiscopaul View Post

He can't be president again. You can only hold the presidential office once apparently, regardless of one term there or not. So Trump can never be president again.... His sons however...
                  There's the case of Grover Cleveland who was 22nd and 24th President.
                  Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo View Post

There's the case of Grover Cleveland who was 22nd and 24th President.
                    In the 19th century yes... But yeah having one of his sons run for president in the future is probably a safe bet.

It's always "poor Melania" when it was always her choice to marry that orange clown. She could divorce him and she is problematic herself, still supporting him for whatever reason even if there seems to be 0 love involved in that relationship.
                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• As far as i know, Trump can run for President again in 2024. He lost but considering how many votes he still got despite everything going on, i won't be surprised if he runs again in 2024.
                      Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Yes, Trump can run again. He isn’t quite down and out yet. It depends if anyone backs him to lead the Republican Party a second time and considering his popularity during this failed election, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Melania however is almost definitely going to divorce him. How did she even spend the last four years? What was she doing?

I still think Michelle needs to step up and run in 2024. Her country has need of her.
                        Queuing for Girls Aloud reunion tickets since 2013

#FreeBritney

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                          I still think Michelle needs to step up and run in 2024. Her country has need of her.
                          I think the most realisic scenario is Kamala running. IF Biden's health holds up the next four years, he still most likely won't be running again being nearly 82. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end it would be Kamala already being president who runs again in 2024.
                          aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• I think Michelle is much more valuable outside of politics. I think a lot of people relate to her because she's not in the weeds.

See latest news on Reports, Infractions & Bans
                            See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Big parts of the US society are very conservative. Would you really consider it likely for them to vote for a woman of color as president?
                              You dare to call me crazy, have you looked around this place?
                              I should walk away.
                              Oh, I should walk away.
                              But I think I'll stay.
                              (Miley Cyrus)

Comment

• It depends on the job they're doing the next four years mostly imo. If she is already President by then it might be different. It also depends on the competition.
                                Right now it's also unthinkable that the America we see today elected Obama in 2008 and 2012.
                                aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Kamala is in a very precarious position because she will be permanently attached to Biden, and mostly his failures.

Of course, she now has an elevated platform but it will be interesting to see if the Democrats rally behind her in 2024 or, more than likely, want to see a competitive primary.

Much of this talk is too early though, especially with Georgia runoffs in weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Much of this talk is too early though, especially with Georgia runoffs in weeks.
                                    Is there still a possibility for the demcratic party to get a majority in the senate with Georgia's runoffs?
                                    aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

Is there still a possibility for the demcratic party to get a majority in the senate with Georgia's runoffs?
                                      I think a lot of people currently resolved into thinking they will go tot he Republicans. Hopefully they're wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post

If they win both, it would be a 50-50 split, with Kamala being the tie-breaker, But the odds are in the Republican's favor.

Comment

• Originally posted by menime123 View Post
                                          Yes, Trump can run again. He isn’t quite down and out yet. It depends if anyone backs him to lead the Republican Party a second time and considering his popularity during this failed election, I wouldn’t be surprised.

Melania however is almost definitely going to divorce him. How did she even spend the last four years? What was she doing?

I thought the 22nd Amendment prevented Trump from running again?

Comment

• Actually, never mind - I've just read it. He can run again but it isn't customary to do so (in fact, only one other person has done that apparently), so therefore Donald will probably do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post
                                              I think Michelle is much more valuable outside of politics. I think a lot of people relate to her because she's not in the weeds.

Dynasties are never a good thing in any country... and anyway she is more of a celebrity than a politician, it would be so superficial if she run...
                                              jio CHARTS NOW: 19/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10543721

Comment

• Originally posted by jio View Post

Dynasties are never a good thing in any country... and anyway she is more of a celebrity than a politician, it would be so superficial if she run...
                                                I mean if Trump could do it anyone can do it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post

If they win both, it would be a 50-50 split, with Kamala being the tie-breaker, But the odds are in the Republican's favor.
                                                  I think it could actually go 1 seat to each...apparently in one of the run off's the democrat candidate has more votes than the republic one.

Let's hope and pray Stacey Abrams will work her magic!!!

Comment

• Already at work

Comment

Working...
                                                    X