No announcement yet.

US Politics: Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v Wade, Politico reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know why anyone (who isn't rich) would want to live in America, I really don't!!!!

The amount of poor people who would celebrate this is ridiculous too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
      I don't know why anyone (who isn't rich) would want to live in America, I really don't!!!!

The amount of poor people who would celebrate this is ridiculous too.
      I’m curious by what you truly mean. Can you elaborate? Obviously living in the states has lost its appeal of before with democracy and capitalism spreading over to not only European countries but many other Asian countries where many once dreamt to become an American.

The cost of living is by far expensive especially if you choose to live in the most popular cities like LA, SF, NYC, Miami…heck I’ve seen houses in Minnesota and Tennessee go for millions too.

I’ve lived in London and in Paris and always felt a connection with parts of cities in NY and California. But now it’s all about who will build the highest and grandest glass tower that many rich transplants will call their second or third homes. But I digress…

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post

I’m curious by what you truly mean. Can you elaborate? Obviously living in the states has lost its appeal of before with democracy and capitalism spreading over to not only European countries but many other Asian countries where many once dreamt to become an American.

The cost of living is by far expensive especially if you choose to live in the most popular cities like LA, SF, NYC, Miami…heck I’ve seen houses in Minnesota and Tennessee go for millions too.

I’ve lived in London and in Paris and always felt a connection with parts of cities in NY and California. But now it’s all about who will build the highest and grandest glass tower that many rich transplants will call their second or third homes. But I digress…
        Lack of affordable housing and healthcare, the fact half the country hates the other half.

They are archaic in their views, they even still get pay cheques, like a physical pay cheque you have to take into a bank to get your pay. . . . .

I've been there 4 times and it's a lovely country when you can afford the nicer things but the way they just let their people rot is appalling.

I live in Melbourne which is on the expensive side but I get free healthcare if I chose not to go private, Females don't have to worry about Abortions etc and most likely never will.

I think we are quite lucky living in Australasia, yes we are far away from everyone else but life is pretty great.

Comment

life is pretty great.
          I don’t know how anyone can say that living in a country with spiders the size of cars.
          Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

Lack of affordable housing and healthcare, the fact half the country hates the other half.

They are archaic in their views, they even still get pay cheques, like a physical pay cheque you have to take into a bank to get your pay. . . . .

I've been there 4 times and it's a lovely country when you can afford the nicer things but the way they just let their people rot is appalling.
            There’s also the fact that some poorer areas are literal “food deserts” where you can barely get any fresh produce and have to rely solely on ready-made meals - causing lots of health problems, which circles right back to the lack of affordable health care. Good education is typically expensive, too. And there’s quite a few big cities where owning a car is pretty much the only viable solution to get around. I agree, unless you are well-off financially, the US is a horrible place to live.
            It’s kinda shocking when I think back to the nineties where everyone looked to the US and wanted to go there, because it seemed like such a great country to study or live in.
            Now there seems to be an abundance of issues (not just for people with low income) that make the US very unattractive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Artoo View Post

I don’t know how anyone can say that living in a country with spiders the size of cars.
              I’ve only ever seen two huge Spiders and never seen a wild snake…

Comment

I’ve only ever seen two huge Spiders and never seen a wild snake…
                Two too many.
                Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Never been told Australia YET and Covid has delayed that experience but I’m looking forward to it. Oz has always appealed to me. The flight there is pretty
                  L-O-N-G.

Comment

• Roe vs. Wade will be over-turned in 2022.

That's why Mitch McConnell has been packing the courts and the Supreme Court with conservative judges from 2010 - 2020!

That's always been their #1 goal.

Their next goal will be gay marriage!

Schumer's been appointing liberal judges at a quick pace since he took over the Senate this year:

https://www.acslaw.org/judicial-nomi.../on-the-bench/

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham View Post
                      Roe vs. Wade will be over-turned in 2022.

That's why Mitch McConnell has been packing the courts and the Supreme Court with conservative judges from 2010 - 2020!

That's always been their #1 goal.

Their next goal will be gay marriage!

Schumer's been appointing liberal judges at a quick pace since he took over the Senate this year:

https://www.acslaw.org/judicial-nomi.../on-the-bench/
                      The only surprising thing in all of this is how people aren't protesting (with the same or more intensity as they did in Summer 2020, or in the 60s/70s, or during the first feminist wave) with all that's happening there. Specially women. Just look at the French. Burning their country to the ground anytime the government gives them some bad news. The US is way worse than France when it comes to human rights and liberties, yet people are just... watching.
                      And yes, I know there's many people that are either scared or angry at the way the GOP is taking the country back to the 50s, but I don't see the big reaction I'd expect to see at this level of threat.
                      Find me here:
                      https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                      https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• The real surprise to me is that a huge part of the US population seems to support this backwards trend - men and women alike.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                          The real surprise to me is that a huge part of the US population seems to support this backwards trend - men and women alike.
                          It that really a suprise?

Trump and the pandemic has shown us that we have underestimated human stupidity way too much.

Huge chunks of the population are brainfried and easily gullible and have a high tendency to support regression.
                          DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                          98 - OUT

Comment

• Harris is the least popular vice president of the US of the last 50 years.
                            Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                            Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                            Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• She's unpopular because Biden is unpopular at the moment. But she's actually not as unpopular as him or Trump, so..

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                She's unpopular because Biden is unpopular at the moment. But she's actually not as unpopular as him or Trump, so..
                                Uncle Joe was literally the worst possible candidate for the democrats. There was no saving that.
                                I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• The Democrats keep electing and nominating candidates that could actually pass for conservatives, and then they're shocked when a portion of progressives don't like them. And they're even more shocked when that doesn't attract GOP voters either.
                                  Find me here:

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post

Uncle Joe was literally the worst possible candidate for the democrats. There was no saving that.
                                    It’s more evident now than ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zeph View Post

It’s more evident now than ever.
                                      To be honest, I don’t even know what he’s been doing so far, except for exchanging threats with Putin over Ukraine. Obama and Trump were constantly present in worldwide media, but I can’t say the same for Biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by jordi_89 View Post
                                        The Democrats keep electing and nominating candidates that could actually pass for conservatives, and then they're shocked when a portion of progressives don't like them. And they're even more shocked when that doesn't attract GOP voters either.
                                        Well this says more about where Americans stand in general and, perhaps, the electoral system in the country.

I also do not think Biden's policies are conservative...when compared to the extreme left, anything would be considered conservative.
                                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                          To be honest, I don’t even know what he’s been doing so far, except for exchanging threats with Putin over Ukraine. Obama and Trump were constantly present in worldwide media, but I can’t say the same for Biden.
                                          Trump was a media master. He manipulated the media as he wanted.
                                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• Originally posted by bm08 View Post

Well this says more about where Americans stand in general and, perhaps, the electoral system in the country.

I also do not think Biden's policies are conservative...when compared to the extreme left, anything would be considered conservative.
                                            He's center, or center-right at best. Like most Dems. AOC, and a few more are the only ones that are center-left or left-wing. And I know uncle Biden has said a couple of things that are quite left-wing in the past few months, but saying something at a political meeting is not the same as passing progressive laws.
                                            Find me here:

Comment

• Voting rights legislation this week:

Comment

• Pretty clear that no votings rights legislation is going to pass unfortunately. The paper-thin Dem majority is too subject to one person upsetting the whole apple cart and Republicans have made clear they won't support anything the Dems propose.

Comment

• Originally posted by cheapthrills View Post
                                                  Pretty clear that no votings rights legislation is going to pass unfortunately. The paper-thin Dem majority is too subject to one person upsetting the whole apple cart and Republicans have made clear they won't support anything the Dems propose.
                                                  Yeah I won't believe it until I see it passed.
                                                  Find me here:

Comment

• Originally posted by jordi_89 View Post

Yeah I won't believe it until I see it passed.
                                                    So disappointing and I feel like this deadlock in the Senate is going to cost Dems a lot of seat in the midterms this year

Comment

Working...
                                                    X