Taylor Swift ranked as #1 private jet CO2 emitter of 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Swift ranked as #1 private jet CO2 emitter of 2022

The celebs who have racked up the most CO2 emissions this year using their private jets
    1. Taylor Swift - 8,293.54 tonnes
    2. Floyd Mayweather - 7,076.8 tonnes
    3. Jay-Z - 6,981.3 tonnes
    4. A-Rod - 5,342.7 tonnes
    5. Blake Shelton - 4,495 tonnes
    6. Steven Spielberg - 4,465 tonnes
    7. Kim Kardashian - 4,268.5 tonnes
    8. Mark Walberg - 3,735.2 tonnes
    9. Oprah Winfrey - 3,493.17 tonnes
    10. Travis Scott - 3,033.3 tonnes

From data sourced by digital agency Yard it has been concluded that Taylor Swift is the #1 CO2 celebrity emitter of 2022 from the first 7 months of the year.

"Racking up a total of 170 flights on her private jet since January, Taylor has amassed a vast 22,923 minutes in the air, or 15.9 days. Considering that she is not currently touring, this is a huge amount. Taylor’s average flight time is 80 minutes with an average of 139.36 miles per flight."

It is almost one flight per day. Estimates gather that the average American person produces 1,540 tonnes of C02 in their lifetime. Which would mean that the jet setting of these celebrities would amount to from 3 lifetimes of an average person to almost 6 lifetimes worth of CO2 from Taylor in just 7 months.

DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
    98 - OUT

170 flights

Comment

I have been flying way too much this year too but... I can only keep dreaming of achieving such stats
      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

She needs to learn to take public transport like us peasants.

Comment

She needs to calm down.
          Exsqueeze me!

Comment

And I thought it was just my ears she polluted
            1 Jack Wins |2 Holy Molly |3 Agnes |4 Hailee Steinfeld |5 SG Lewis

Comment

Now I don’t feel as bad about my own flights anymore. Which are of course few and far between compared to these celebs, and usually long distance - which is of course horrible for the environment, but pretty much the only available option.
              The fact that her average flight time is only 80 minutes irks me more than the total amount, because there must have been a lot of trips that she could have done by other means easily. And quite comfortably, too, considering that money is not an issue for her.
              Of course the same most likely goes for the other people on this list, too, it’s just that Taylor was the only one for which they specifically mentioned averages.

Comment

Get her Jade!
                LJC--->>

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                  Now I don’t feel as bad about my own flights anymore. Which are of course few and far between compared to these celebs, and usually long distance - which is of course horrible for the environment, but pretty much the only available option.
                  The fact that her average flight time is only 80 minutes irks me more than the total amount, because there must have been a lot of trips that she could have done by other means easily. And quite comfortably, too, considering that money is not an issue for her.
                  Of course the same most likely goes for the other people on this list, too, it’s just that Taylor was the only one for which they specifically mentioned averages.

Not only should she be made to walk in future, but I would like to see her drag a cart with the other 9 on from destination to destination.

Comment

surprised to see that Khadija Jennur isn't even in the top 10
                    Ne me cherche pas, je ne suis plus là, baby

Comment

off with her head

Comment

Off with her head!

Comment

Originally posted by flopho View Post
                          surprised to see that Khadija Jennur isn't even in the top 10
                          i wonder who counted
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Crikey, that is a lot! Has she responded to this yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                              Crikey, that is a lot! Has she responded to this yet?
                              yes, and as always, she blames her ex-boyfriends for her actions.
                              My Chart

Comment

I'm glad neither Madge nor Moo is on that list
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy View Post
                                  I'm glad neither Madge nor Moo is on that list
                                  Madonna flies economy nowadays - that’s what happens when you don’t have a number one single for a decade or two. She just gets the aeroplane to stop where she needs it to stop ‘to refuel’, before getting off and letting it continue to its advertised destination.

Exsqueeze me!

Comment

Airplanes pay my bills for now so I can't say s***

Comment

I only flew once in my life (well back and forth so twice) and the year was 1996. I'm terminally afraid of flying and will never do it again. Chartering a boat is my kinda poison.
                                      My Chart

Comment

This is an interesting stat for us to even know.
                                        Akini's Top 100 Albums of All-Time: [#57]
                                        Akini's Favourite Films: [50-46]
                                        Your Billboard Top Ten: #1 As It Was [6 weeks]
                                        AlbumClash 2.0: [Beyoncé vs. Ari Lennox vs. Rina Sawayama]

Yeah, they smile to your face and Prop-8 you in the back.

Comment

who the hell is a rod
                                          what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Plym View Post
                                            who the hell is a rod
                                            JLO's ex.
                                            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

Where does Swift be flying to daily ? No wonder she has such bad posture.
                                              " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

The only place Madonna flies now is Turkey everytime she needs a little touch up.

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                                  Where does Swift be flying to daily ? No wonder she has such bad posture.
                                                  to the hair salon, to the Gucci store, to her cat doctor and so on... (allegedly).
                                                  My Chart

Comment

Working...
                                                  X