Streaming leads music industry first growth in 20 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevyy View Post

rarely anyone releases or released (in the past) the same GH album over and over again. There are remixes, rarities, new songs, remastered songs etc on many of those "same" releases.

For multi-generational artists - so called legacy acts, who have released music in like 3-6 decades... one GH album truely isn't enough. Imagine Madonna only having TIC (1990) and missing out on all her 90s / 00s hits - and the woman had plenty.

Thence... for acts like her and other genre acts... it was quite reasonable to release multiple hits packages.
    Not really true though. Dionne Warwick, Diana Ross, Shirley Bassey... and so on, and so on.... have released compilation albums with slightly different songs, but most of the time not adding anything new for the fans.
    My Instagram... - Click here

Comment

Poor the gheys that refuse to accpet frih streaming as the golden standard
      BEAUTY IS A MUST, TALENT IS A PLUS
      98 - OUT

Comment

Originally posted by aRat View Post
        Poor the gheys that refuse to accpet frih streaming as the golden standard
        I have no reason to fully accept it as long as streaming services still don't include every B-side, other bonusmaterial, certain special remixes etc. and aslong as regional releases are still kept locked to a certain region (especially for older releases), I have no reason to fully embrace it and will happily continue buying physical products

Comment

Working...
        X