No announcement yet.

Johnny Depp Accused of Beating His Wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that she settled for money (and openly accepted it) makes me wonder if her claim was actually legit that it was "beyond any financial gain" :-?
    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Regardless of what actually went down, I'm glad that this is over.

Comment

• Whitney Houston

Comment

• I was just about to say, this answers my question.

Amber Heard donating ENTIRE $7 Million divorce settlement from Johnny Depp to charities.
          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• An admirable move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
              An admirable move.

Comment

• I think she earned much more then $7 million ...
                nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• Originally posted by nekoocz
                  I think she earned much more then $7 million ...
                  Not from the divorce, she didn't - people misunderstand divorce settlements...

Originally posted by People Magazine
                  "One of the big questions is how much they consumed during the marriage. For instance, let's say Depp made $100 million during their marriage," says Mindel. (Depp's most lucrative yearly earning was $100 million in 2010, according to Forbes.)

"From that $100 million, he would pay somewhere around $25 million in fees to his accountants, lawyers, management etc. and then another $35 million or so in taxes. And then from that remaining $40 million, if they spent $25 million on themselves, then there would only be $15 million left between the two of them, or $7 million each.

"So even though the numbers are massive, they crush down very quickly because a lot of people have their hands in Depp's pockets and half goes to taxes. It's very similar to what happens to lottery winners, by the time the taxes come out, the payments aren't as big as you'd think."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                    Originally posted by nekoocz
                    I think she earned much more then $7 million ...
                    Not from the divorce, she didn't - people misunderstand divorce settlements...
                    She got a regognition of the poor beautiful girl, who was abused by Johnny Depp. There are things money can't buy.
                    He might have problem with alcohol and depression, but i don't believe that he would abuse her.
                    nekoo.cz - follow me

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Trash. I hate how cases like this will make it harder for real victims to be believed
                        aRat's NUDES LEAKED

Comment

• Originally posted by BeeBoy View Post
                          Trash. I hate how cases like this will make it harder for real victims to be believed
                          I'm sorry but these cases are necessary for people to wake up and see that people lie for money.

If there is money or benefits involved, take it with a grain of salt. There are cases and cases, and victim shaming is wrong, but public trial through the media is equally bad.
                          I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                          I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• I'm sorry, but I'm not letting people in this thread get away with it.
                            The story was shared by TMZ... And what happened? A public trial ensued.

Let's see the people who actually were reasonable:

Originally posted by Carbon View Post
                            it's TMZ so I will take the whole story with a grain of salt
                            but what a shame, he seemed way better than that
                            Originally posted by p0isonparadise View Post
                            The title of the thread should be changed to "ACCUSED of beating wife", for legal reasons.
                            Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                            He's innocent until proven guilty.
                            Originally posted by biscuits View Post
                            This still hasn't been proven. Y'all tearing up your Johnny Depp posters over hearsay.
                            Originally posted by Loveguru View Post
                            Here on the other hands alot needs to be discussed for people jump into ANY conclusion

Not so moderate
                            Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                            Lost all respect for him. There is no excuse for abuse.
                            Originally posted by TheRealest View Post
                            Anyway, he looks like the type...
                            Originally posted by Guru View Post
                            Yes, Amber loves punching herself and blame him.
                            Originally posted by Mikerocha View Post
                            Now we know why he defends Dr Luke.
                            Originally posted by Airwrecka View Post
                            Always thought he was a creep.
                            Originally posted by urbanmusik View Post
                            Guess he had to be a bit of a git to star in a shit tonne of bad movies.
                            I really like Amber, I hope she gets through this and moves on asap.
                            Originally posted by Taurus View Post
                            Wow. So disappointed and angry for Amber. ANd of course hell get away with it. Chris Brown "got away" with beating Rihanna and in comparison Amber is a no one.
                            And many others. At least some of you should come here and see she was actually the perpetrator, but hearsay was all that was needed for people to make up their minds.
                            I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                            I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• People's weren't convinced due to hearsay, Amber Heard saw an opportunity and manipulated the narrative by releasing damning footage of Johnny Depp acting violent and spinning a narrative out of it. I was definitely fooled by the selective footage of Depp acting violently.

I wonder if that footage was a reaction to her constant abuse or if they were abusive towards eachother?

I'm glad more revelations in this case have finally comeout and definitely feel different about Amber than I did in the previous post. I still don't like Johnny Depp and think he has a terrible filmography, just as I did before the allegations were made. However I hope he's doing better now that he's gotten away from his abuser, and hope he has a good support system around him.

Hopefully people will be able to see that false accusations of domestic violence are the exception and not the norm, and attitudes towards abuse won't regress back to sweeping it under the carpet.
                              late.

Comment

• Originally posted by thankfulforkelly
                                I feel really bad for Johnny and what he’s had to go through. Amber is trash and what’s even worse is she’s made it harder for victims of abuse to come forward.

Nevertheless, I will always side with the person stating they have been abused. The vast majority (I want to say 99% but honestly I don’t have the numbers off the top of my head) of accusations are true, and it really takes a lot to come forward. Not only is it a traumatic experience that can often bring shame for the victim, but you have people questioning if your abuse is real, because of the extremely minor instances like this where it’s not true.

I just think the public should not be playing judge, jury and executioner. We shouldn’t accuse people of lying but equally shouldn’t condemn somebody based on accusations without substantial evidence.

Comment

• Girl this was 3 years ago idc

Comment

Working...
                                  X