German Politics: 3 weeks until the election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    But, I won't frown... bc my prophet Mr. Rezo is currently working on another "Die Zerstörung der CDU" video... and we will all hang on his lips and do as we are told by the real leader of the free press and a liberal Germany.

Rezo will fix this.
    Well, the Greens are already destroyed, so if Rezo plans to destroy the CDU... Does that mean that Scholz will end up as next Chancellor ? I once told that there's something sleezy about Scholz, but lately, he's actually presenting himself in a good way imo.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
      But, I won't frown... bc my prophet Mr. Rezo is currently working on another "Die Zerstörung der CDU" video... and we will all hang on his lips and do as we are told by the real leader of the free press and a liberal Germany.

Rezo will fix this.
      Is he really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Is he really?
        Well... he played with the thought of doing another one... but he was sceptical... of doing it bc then he would be seen as someone who is anti-CDU which he is not... he's simply anti-corruption and anti-incompetence... but the FAZ, WELT and BILD want to destroy him, so he is cautious.
        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
          It's pretty much a given he'll end up as Chancellor though. The CDU is untouchable.
          I fear 28% is not enough to form a government in this country.

Comment

I fear 28% is not enough to form a government in this country.
            I know it's not guaranteed that the biggest party gets the Chancellor job, but it's like 99% given. I think it's a middle finger to the voters if a minor party gets the Chancellor position. Like those few weeks when Thuringia had a FDP prime minister when the FDP got like 5%... You may remember that case.

Comment

I know it's not guaranteed that the biggest party gets the Chancellor job, but it's like 99% given. I think it's a middle finger to the voters if a minor party gets the Chancellor position. Like those few weeks when Thuringia had a FDP prime minister when the FDP got like 5%... You may remember that case.
              It would be a middle finger to voters if we get a chancellor that 72% of voters didn't want. Scholz and Baerbock might both end up with 'only' 20-25% of the vote, but their voters will generally be okay with either one of them.

Comment

• 'Will' is the wrong word here. It should be 'may' because you can't know a voter's attitude towards party X if he gives his first and/or second vote to party Y. I mean it's more likely that someone voting for the SPD may find the Greens a better compromise than let's say the AfD, but you can't know for sure.

Comment

• Baerbock once heavily judged her co-member Palmer for using the n-word and even asked for his exclusion from their party. Now an interview got revealed where she used it herself. The Greens and their double standards ...

Comment

Baerbock once heavily judged her co-member Palmer for using the n-word and even asked for his exclusion from their party. Now an interview got revealed where she used it herself. The Greens and their double standards ...
                    away with her... she is ruining the party's chances... she is more harmful than helpful or useful at the moment.
                    My Chart

Comment

• I mean she was merely quoting, not actually calling somebody the n-word. But of course our trash media is going to jump on it.

Comment

I mean she was merely quoting, not actually calling somebody the n-word. But of course our trash media is going to jump on it.
                        Bildzeitung: How many scandals you want?

Baerbock: yes!
                        My Chart

Comment

• We're never going to see real political change in this country. Every election cycle, the media builds up an ''alternative'' to whoever the conservative candidate is that year. Only to conveniently tear them down again just in time for election day. It's a sad illusion of democracy. The establishment just has way too much money and power behind them, you can't beat them.

I'm really heartbroken for everyone under 50 who intends to or is forced to spend the next 20-30 years of their lives in this country. This election was our last chance to turn things around. It'll take decades to recover from 20 years of political standstill under Merkel / Laschet.

Comment

• Rihab : I would say that the left-leaning part of the population is about as big as the right-leaning. The problem is that the left is too left for the right and the right too right for the left. The middle is a compromise for the majority of the population, and that's the CDU basically in Germany. It harms innovation, that's true, but it could be worse. On a state level, 4 out of 6 parties have got political responsibility, only the AfD and the FDP are yet to provide a prime minister. Guess there are a lot of traditional voters in Germany, which is why it's rather unusual that someone votes for let's say the AfD and 4 years later for the Greens.
                            Regarding the Greens: To be honest, I was surprised that Baerbock got so much praise in the beginning as I expected more criticism. Not for herself but for the party she respresents. Guess it was only a matter of time. The main problem of the Greens is that their politics cater to rich urban citizens, which is not the majority in the country. They love to pull the 'holier than though' attitude, which only works until you get exposed for doing the same thing.

Comment

• Regardless of the state of candicacy... the youngans should all flock to the greens... and nobody under 50 should vote for the CDU / CSU...

The trend is clear... the Greens will becone the most dominating party in the future... but it would be so cool, to see them at #1 already. The CDU needs to be abolished. It's the most corrupt party ever. They really do give the NSDAP a run for their money with all the fraud and corruption...
                              My Chart

Comment

• The Greens as most dominant party? You're giving me nightmares with that. Their views on migration, social issues, economy and education are problematic. I used to believe that they're at least good at ecological issues, but now I don't even think that that's the case. The Greens shouting out flights when their voters are statistically proven to fly the most among all political parties... They are THE party of double standards.

Comment

• Calling out your own base ≠ double standard.

At least the Greens don't lie to their voters by telling them that they'll continue to be able to fly as much as they want, eat as much meat as they want and drive diesel vehicles until the day they die. They're more honest than any other party about the changes coming in the next 10-20 years.
                                  Last edited by Rihab; Tue July 27, 2021, 16:19.

Comment

• Green voters are mostly academics or rich people. Those people can afford thinking about such topics and still find loopholes for themselves. Do you remember the discussion about detached houses? Well, where do most of the Greens live ^^ ? You get it!

Comment

Green voters are mostly academics or rich people. Those people can afford thinking about such topics and still find loopholes for themselves. Do you remember the discussion about detached houses? Well, where do most of the Greens live ^^ ? You get it!
                                      Doesn't make them climate-friendly OR a viable option for our growing city populations. If you actually bothered to inform yourself sometimes, you'd know that that's what the discussion was originally about. Not about Timmys in small villages in the middle of nowhere. No one is interested in stealing your house.

Also, climate change is not a ''rich vs poor'' issue that only some of us can afford to worry about. It will affect all of us, poor people especially. So really, renewable energies, e-mobility and sustainable diets should be on everyone's mind.
                                      Last edited by Rihab; Tue July 27, 2021, 20:17.

Comment

• I'm totally fine with people using all of these things on a voluntary base. I just don't see the point of a party forcing it on everyone as that's not what my understanding of democracy is about. The Greens have that image of feeling morally superior compared to the 'infantry' and that's where they easily slip into the 'holier than though' direction.

Comment

• In my opinion... I would vote for the greens if they would say that they would close all coal / fossil power plants in the coming 4 years, + increase the prices of meat by (+1,000%) and of fuel by (+500%), (also milk by +10,000%). Also... farmers should be prohibited to fertilize their fields with dung.. bc that is polluting the ground water everywhere. (We have already been fined by the EU for bad water quality).

It's only thing I'm interested in... protecting the environment.
                                          My Chart

Comment

• Habeck admits that the women's quote was not the only but definitely a relevant factor when picking Baerbock as candidate for the Chancellorship instead of him (source).

Comment

• as it should be

it's 2021, we can't only have male candidates for any job, let alone the most important job in the country

Comment

• Latest poll:

CDU/CSU 24% (-3)
                                                Greens 22% (+3)
                                                SPD 18% (+1)
                                                FDP 13% (=)
                                                AfD 11% (=)
                                                The Left 6% (=)

And we're back to a tight race, maybe it's not over yet.

Comment

as it should be

it's 2021, we can't only have male candidates for any job, let alone the most important job in the country
                                                  So you'd choose someone based on their gender rather than their political qualities? You do know that this is a form of sexism?

Comment

So you'd choose someone based on their gender rather than their political qualities? You do know that this is a form of sexism?
                                                    She hasn't been 'chosen' for the job yet, she's merely been nominated. And if she hadn't been nominated, we would have only had 3 straight white men to choose from, when 60%+ of the country are not straight white men. Now that would have been sexist and a whole lot of other -ists.

If you really want to vote for a man, you still have multiple options. You'll maybe be allowed to complain when literally all the options are women.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X