German Politics: Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rihab
    RIP Frau Kepetry btw. Bad Girl Gone Less Bad will lose her parliamentary seat now.
    At least ... But she will have it for another 6-12 months I guess
    2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• Originally posted by KokoCollino
      Seehofer said "Thank you Angela Merkel"
      Definitely giving me ‘goodbye’ teas.

If she goes, he’ll have to go too.

Comment

• Re: Germany: Chaos, failed coalition talks, Merkel in jeopar

Honestly she was so self confident now ... There's also the option of a minority government of CDU ... And then the "Vertrauensfrage" in maybe one year and new votings ... I still think this would be her end either way

Comment

• Merkel's fourth term in doubt after German coalition talks collapse

German Chancellor Angela Merkel's efforts to form a three-way coalition government that would
          secure her a fourth term hit a major setback on Sunday after a would-be coalition partner pulled out of exploratory talks, citing irreconcilable differences.

The pro-business Free Democrats (FDP) unexpectedly walked out of the talks with Merkel's conservatives and the Greens, saying that the three parties could not find compromises on key
          issues like immigration and the environment.
          Merkel could seek to form a minority government with the Greens, or new elections will be called.

"Today there was no progress but rather there were setbacks because targeted compromises were questioned," FDP leader Christian Lindner told reporters. "It is better not to rule than to rule falsely. Goodbye!"

Merkel was weakened after an election in September as voters angry with her decision in 2015 to open Germany's borders to more than a million asylum seekers punished her conservatives by voting for the Alternative for Germany (AfD) far-right party.
          There is little appetite for a second vote, especially as the main parties fear that the populist AfD would win more than the almost 13 percent of votes it secured in September.

Failure to form a government in Europe's largest economy could have implications for everything from euro zone reforms to European Union policy on Russia and Turkey.
          Merkel has used her power to broker compromises on Greece within the single currency bloc and to keep in place EU sanctions against Russia over its backing of separatists in eastern Ukraine.

SOURCE

Comment

Interestingly, everything now sounds like CDU/CSU were closer to the Greens than FDP ... And like FDP didn't really believe in the coalition for quite some time ...

I really wonder if Merkel will now be elected as chancellor just to be able to do new votings ...

Comment

• I know, but are those the only countries with such flag colours? Seems very random lol
              be kind to every kind (also the unkind kind!!!!! )

Comment

This is not interesting at all.
                It's no secret that CDU has been drifting to the left for years now.
                That's why SPD hasn't been needed as they used to be.
                That's why Germany is in need for a conservative factor at the moment and that those people did not vote, voted for FDP or AfD or tried their luck with Merkel again evwn though they are not 100% happy with it.

FDP did everything right with not agreeing on things they can't stand behind 100%.
                There's too much to lose kn the longrun.
                Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

• So I know which topic will be on the news in Germany the next weeks :/ hope there won't be a Brennpunkt on Tuesday, I want to watch Die Kanzlei
                  I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erotica
                    So I know which topic will be on the news in Germany the next weeks :/ hope there won't be a Brennpunkt on Tuesday, I want to watch Die Kanzlei
                    At least, you've set your priorities right xD

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow
                      Originally posted by Erotica
                      So I know which topic will be on the news in Germany the next weeks :/ hope there won't be a Brennpunkt on Tuesday, I want to watch Die Kanzlei
                      At least, you've set your priorities right xD
                      yes
                      I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• SPD doesn't want to rule with Merkel either. They just turned the idea down and are in favor of a new election.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainshow
                          SPD doesn't want to rule with Merkel either. They just turned the idea down and are in favor of a new election.
                          they might want to rule with AfD next time...forcefully
                          Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

• Originally posted by heppolo
                            Originally posted by Mainshow
                            SPD doesn't want to rule with Merkel either. They just turned the idea down and are in favor of a new election.
                            they might want to rule with AfD next time...forcefully
                            Please don't inspire my brain to create nightmares xD

Comment

This ist s damn mess

According to GMX merkel is suffering from this

Comment

Merkel is safe. The SPD is doing it, no question about it. However, after another 4 years with Merkel and SPD the AfD is going to win the next GE. The fourth Reich is imminent.
                                My Chart

Comment

• I wonder why she even bothered running again for the gazillionth time. A controversial figure for sure but whether one loves her or hates her, her place in history is pretty much secured and her best days are definitely behind her. Steeply or slowly the only direction for her to go from now on is down so it would have been better for her (and perhaps for all of us too) if she had just bowed out before the elections
                                  jio CHARTS NOW: 12/10/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...5#post10765535

Comment

• I wonder why she even bothered running again for the gazillionth time.
                                    That's DDR upbringing for you

Comment

• Welt-Trend:

86% of Germans want Merkel to resign

46% want her to resign immediately
                                      17% want her to resign if talks for a grand coalition fail
                                      8% want her to resign by 2019
                                      15% want her to resign by 2021

only 10% don't want her to resign at all

Source
                                      Get ready for chancellor Spahn y'all.

Comment

• ^ Spahn :-?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab
                                          Spahn y'all.
                                          Chancellor Spaniel?

Comment

^ Spahn :-?
                                            naw, Uschi von der Leyen is going to make it. Germany only prospers under strong women with bad hairdos.

Uschi for chancellor... we can follow her up with empress Frauke Petry who hopefully rejoins the Nazis again... cause without her they won't be able to establish their 4th Reich.
                                            My Chart

Comment

How old are Uschi's kids? Doesn't she have more kids than Nicki Minaj features. Would she do this job then?

Comment

^ Spahn :-?
                                                Yeah, Jens Spahn.

He‘s what the CDU (thinks it) needs rn: An actual conservative (though gay) who‘ll try to turn back the clock to 2000, before Merkel took over and turned the party into an SPD clone. He could unite them with the CSU again and win back right-wingers from the FDP and AfD.

I like von der Leyen, but she is to Merkel what Hillary was to Obama: One of her cabinet members who’s been in politics for decades, who agrees 100% with every single one of her policies and who doesn’t bring anything new to the table. If Americans rejected that after 8 very successful Obama years, I don’t see Germans voting for ‘more of the same’ after 13 years, of which the last 3 were quite messy.

Comment

I don't know what to think of Spahn ...

Comment

• Angela Merkel sworn in for fourth term as German Chancellor

(CNN) Angela Merkel was sworn in as Chancellor of Germany after lawmakers voted to re-elect her as leader in a close vote on Wednesday morning.

She will now begin a historic fourth term as Chancellor.

The vote in parliament ended almost six months of political turmoil after a federal election saw millions of voters desert the two mainstream parties -- Merkel's Christian Democratic Union and the Social Democratic Party (SPD) -- turning instead to parties on the left and right.

At 171 days, it is by far the longest period in modern German history between a federal election and the election of a Chancellor.

In a secret ballot, 364 of the Bundestag's 709 members voted in favor of Merkel -- nine more than the 50% required. Thirty-five MPs from the parties governing under Merkel did not vote to re-elect her.

Speaking on Monday in expectation of her re-election, Merkel said: "I think everyone has the feeling it's time to finally start working. A new departure for Europe, a new dynamic for Germany, new cohesion for our country -- that's what we have before us... So there is a lot of work ahead."

SOURCE
                                                    Homegurl just refused to rule out a 5th term in her #farbebekennen TV interview. #China

Comment

Working...
                                                    X