Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Politics: Elections

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Rihab View Post
    The mess we've witnessed over the last 5-6 years or so has really been extraordinary. The refugee crisis, the climate crisis, the endless lockdowns, the botched vaccine rollout, the floodings, Afghanistan - it's been failure after failure. You couldn't have done a worse job running this country if you tried.
    Well, just look at BoJo.
    Waffles are checked cookies

    Comment


    • And still Merkel remains popular among the citizens. She seems like the perfect chancellor for the Germans: She never takes risks, sits out any problem and makes everyone believe that there is no alternative to her .
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

      Comment


      • ACAB doing amazing in the tv debate.

        I think we can expect her to make a comeback in the polls.

        Comment


        • Instead of deporting criminal migrants, the CDU wants video monitoring, face tracking and additional rights for security offices. (source) Ever heard of the right for anonymity? This is some China/1984-type of extremism :/ .
          Pro: freedom of speech
          Contra: cancel culture

          Comment


          • The far-right party AfD used to have a platform where people could write when people talked in a derrogative way about the party. They got bashed for it, calling it denunciation etc.
            Now the far-left Greens actually established a platform where people could write about people who cheat with their taxes. (source) Will it receive the same medial attention?
            Pro: freedom of speech
            Contra: cancel culture

            Comment


            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
              Instead of deporting criminal migrants, the CDU wants video monitoring, face tracking and additional rights for security offices. (source) Ever heard of the right for anonymity? This is some China/1984-type of extremism :/ .
              What exactly do immigrants have to do with any of that? Your source doesn't mention deportations at all, let alone ''video monitoring instead of deportations''. Stop making up fake news!

              Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
              The far-right party AfD used to have a platform where people could write when people talked in a derrogative way about the party. They got bashed for it, calling it denunciation etc.
              Now the far-left Greens actually established a platform where people could write about people who cheat with their taxes. (source) Will it receive the same medial attention?
              First of all, you can't equate the Greens with the AfD. One is a left-wing (not far-left by any means), democratic party that governs 11 out of 16 states in the country and that is almost guaranteed to govern the entire country in a few weeks. The other is a party comprised of fascists and neo-nazis that is under surveillance because it poses a threat to democracy.

              And the two platforms also aren't comparable at all. One (the one introduced by the Greens) is an official government platform to tackle tax evasion. The other (introduced by a political fringe group) collected data on political opponents, so that their followers could go and harass them. Like what's not clicking?

              Comment


              • The debates are way more boring and stiff than I expected
                DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                98 - OUT

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Rihab View Post

                  What exactly do immigrants have to do with any of that? Your source doesn't mention deportations at all, let alone ''video monitoring instead of deportations''. Stop making up fake news!



                  First of all, you can't equate the Greens with the AfD. One is a left-wing (not far-left by any means), democratic party that governs 11 out of 16 states in the country and that is almost guaranteed to govern the entire country in a few weeks. The other is a party comprised of fascists and neo-nazis that is under surveillance because it poses a threat to democracy.

                  And the two platforms also aren't comparable at all. One (the one introduced by the Greens) is an official government platform to tackle tax evasion. The other (introduced by a political fringe group) collected data on political opponents, so that their followers could go and harass them. Like what's not clicking?
                  I couldn't have said it better. This agenda against the Greens (or any democratic party) has to stop. The AfD is ... let me borrow Bernd Lucke's words... "entartet".
                  My Chart

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                    Instead of deporting criminal migrants, the CDU wants video monitoring, face tracking and additional rights for security offices. (source) Ever heard of the right for anonymity? This is some China/1984-type of extremism :/ .
                    This shows ONCE again... that the CDU is one of the worst parties to vote for today. I mean... video tracking or whatever... is cute when you are a fascist... I want open borders and welcome all Afghan refugees... afterall.. Germany / we did meddle in their affaires for 20 years and are directly and partly responsible for whatever is happening there right now. (The entire NATO is). So when they want to shut people out... I want to welcome them.
                    My Chart

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                      ACAB doing amazing in the tv debate.

                      I think we can expect her to make a comeback in the polls.
                      I dislike her... I think she is a fake. This time, I will either vote for the SPD or Linke. <3
                      My Chart

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by stevyy View Post

                        I dislike her... I think she is a fake. This time, I will either vote for the SPD or Linke. <3
                        I wasn't really sure who to vote for until the debate, but unless something crazy happens over the next few weeks, I think I've now settled on the Greens. I was seriously considering SPD and the Left too though. And I'm not voting early this time because this is the most unpredictable election I've witnessed in my lifetime and so much could change still.

                        I think it's important that the SPD comes in at #1, to prevent Laschet or Söder as chancellor. And it's important that the Left doesn't drop below 5%. Although if that happens, it could ironically give a SPD/Green government the majority. That would be a dream come true. But it's impossible to predict with certainty before election day. I'll definitely keep an eye on the polls though and vote strategically to ensure a progressive government.

                        Comment


                        • By the way, all of the major pollsters so far (bar Allensbach, which isn't too reliable) are seeing the SPD ahead of CDU/CSU post-debate.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rihab View Post

                            I wasn't really sure who to vote for until the debate, but unless something crazy happens over the next few weeks, I think I've now settled on the Greens. I was seriously considering SPD and the Left too though. And I'm not voting early this time because this is the most unpredictable election I've witnessed in my lifetime and so much could change still.

                            I think it's important that the SPD comes in at #1, to prevent Laschet or Söder as chancellor. And it's important that the Left doesn't drop below 5%. Although if that happens, it could ironically give a SPD/Green government the majority. That would be a dream come true. But it's impossible to predict with certainty before election day. I'll definitely keep an eye on the polls though and vote strategically to ensure a progressive government.
                            I have no issues with the Greens either... I'd be happy if the Greens or SPD would gain a lot of %. I hate how Baerbock was treated in the media... so unprofessional... but she isn't innocent in the matter... However, copying some passage in a book is ultimately less corrupt than bleeding dry Covid relief funds like the CDU did or be completely aloof to the problems of today like the FDP.

                            I'm just so happy that the tides seem to have turned... and that the evil CAN be defeated after so many years.I fear though... that the CDU if they go in opposition... that they will merge with the AfD bc they will become hardcore Republican conservative as a result.
                            My Chart

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rihab View Post

                              What exactly do immigrants have to do with any of that? Your source doesn't mention deportations at all, let alone ''video monitoring instead of deportations''. Stop making up fake news!
                              I don't get your criticism here. I wrote 'Instead of deporting criminal migrants' because the CDU doesn't mention it.

                              stevyy : Just to get you correctly: You want Germany to welcome people who, to a high share, disagree with LGBT and women's rights, approve the Sharia and disapprove the Western way of living? It's statistically proven that the Afghan community here in Germany is criminal to a higher extent than Germans (Yes, I'm aware that there are also criminal Germans - never stated the opposite.). Would you approve an increase of crimes in Germany? Especially ones affecting women and LGBT people?
                              Last edited by theMathematician; Wed September 1, 2021, 18:46.
                              Pro: freedom of speech
                              Contra: cancel culture

                              Comment


                              • For those who care: The Wahl-o-mat is online.
                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                Contra: cancel culture

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                  For those who care: The Wahl-o-mat is online.
                                  I think it’s a useful tool, even if you aren’t undecided. I certainly don’t have time to read the entire election manifesto of every single party (especially the smaller ones, which will play no role in the election), so I like to play around with the Wahl-o-mat to get a summary of what everyone’s stances are on various issues. It’s very interesting and also gives some starting points on what to read up on in more detail.
                                  So far my Wahl-o-mat number one always matched the party I was going to vote for anyway - except for last time, when I discovered that I apparently had the biggest overlap with the Humanists.
                                  I‘m curious to see where they will rank this time.

                                  Comment


                                  • Part 2:



                                    Rezo zerstört CDU, SPD, AfD and FDP

                                    part 3 is coming soon.
                                    My Chart

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                      I don't get your criticism here. I wrote 'Instead of deporting criminal migrants' because the CDU doesn't mention it.

                                      stevyy : Just to get you correctly: You want Germany to welcome people who, to a high share, disagree with LGBT and women's rights, approve the Sharia and disapprove the Western way of living? It's statistically proven that the Afghan community here in Germany is criminal to a higher extent than Germans (Yes, I'm aware that there are also criminal Germans - never stated the opposite.). Would you approve an increase of crimes in Germany? Especially ones affecting women and LGBT people?
                                      those questions at the end. Sorry, I won't respond to nonsense like that.
                                      My Chart

                                      Comment




                                      • part 3 of the king.

                                        CDU = destroyed for good. RIP.
                                        My Chart

                                        Comment


                                        • 2 out of the 3 main contenders for the Chancellorship are pro raising the minimum wage. What they forget: Raising the minimum wage will immediately lead to rising costs because every business will have to balance higher staff wages in some way. In the end, you may earn 100€/month more but have got 100€/month higher expenses? That's window dressing and only intended to bait people who believe that raising their wage will immediately mean that they have got more money to spend in their pockets. And the Sociodemocratic candidate talks about human dignity...
                                          Pro: freedom of speech
                                          Contra: cancel culture

                                          Comment


                                          • It's TIME.

                                            Good riddance miss Merkel.
                                            My Chart

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                              2 out of the 3 main contenders for the Chancellorship are pro raising the minimum wage. What they forget: Raising the minimum wage will immediately lead to rising costs because every business will have to balance higher staff wages in some way. In the end, you may earn 100€/month more but have got 100€/month higher expenses? That's window dressing and only intended to bait people who believe that raising their wage will immediately mean that they have got more money to spend in their pockets. And the Sociodemocratic candidate talks about human dignity...
                                              A lot has to change. Raising wages is always GREAT especially when the inflation rate is so high. BUT they have to also tax the rich more.
                                              My Chart

                                              Comment


                                              • I agree with you regarding taxing the rich more. Regarding inflation: I see it as the consequence of raising wages in the first step leading to companies raising prices in the second step. No one in the process wants to have less money to spend, but in the end, they all do.
                                                Pro: freedom of speech
                                                Contra: cancel culture

                                                Comment


                                                • RIP.

                                                  My Chart

                                                  Comment


                                                  • When you look at the prognosis and realize that people voted

                                                    1) FOR wars
                                                    2) FOR poverty
                                                    3) FOR climate change
                                                    4) FOR bigotry
                                                    5) FOR corruption.

                                                    I have decided that my state should leave the federal republic.
                                                    My Chart

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X