Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aRat
    replied
    SPD, Grüne and FDP about to form the government and kicking CDU out...

Laschet about to get fired...

Maybe we actually won stevyy
    Last edited by aRat; Thu October 7, 2021, 18:53.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    In the end, it was a SPD vs. CDU fight, which is why both parties ended higher in the final results than in the predictions, and the Greens lower. Nevertheless, they scored a few first votes, which is an improvement compared to the last election. The Greens even won one of the first votes in your state.
    I actually like the fact that a total of 5 parties could win first votes all across Germany .

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
    I doubt that 39 out of 730 seats can have major impact on 'planet and social justice', but let's see. Wagenkecht is that not that bad actually, but she's not well-liked in her own party.
    No party can have an impact on its own:

206 seats - SPD
    196 seats - CDU
    118 seats - Greens
    92 seats - FDP
    83 seats - AfD
    39 seats - Linke
    1 seat - SSW <3

The Greens flopped so badly. I'm not sure why they are celebrating their result... it's awful.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I doubt that 39 out of 730 seats can have major impact on 'planet and social justice', but let's see. Wagenkecht is that not that bad actually, but she's not well-liked in her own party.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Well, to be fair, they only got those seats by extreme luck. One less first vote and they wouldn't have made it.
    If it was strictly up to me, they should've got those three seats through first votes and that's it - not 39.
    ok, but u might also not care about the planet and social justice. It's the only thing that I care about, so I am very happy that they made it in afterall.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy View Post
    Oh wait, the Left gets 39 seats in the parliament. Now, I think I can continue living and fightung the good fight.
    Well, to be fair, they only got those seats by extreme luck. One less first vote and they wouldn't have made it.
    If it was strictly up to me, they should've got those three seats through first votes and that's it - not 39.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    And I thought that you'd be proud that a regional party from your state made the parliament .
    together with the SSW, we now have 40 sane people in the Bundestag - out of 730?! OMG. God help us all.

Laschet, btw, will become chancellor bc the FDP will not be able to join the Greens and the SPD.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Oh wait, the Left gets 39 seats in the parliament. Now, I think I can continue living and fightung the good fight.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    And I thought that you'd be proud that a regional party from your state made the parliament .

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Ich bin so wütend! Was die Leute sich da zusammengewählt haben, wird nur noch Tod, Chaos und Zerstörung bringen... pro Krieg, pro Klimakrise und pro Korruption. Ich bin fassungslos.

Ich möchte am Liebsten auswandern.

Die junge Generation hat auch den Schuss nicht mehr gehört... FDP ... die schlechteste Partei (neben der AfD), die Deutschland in den letzten 40 Jahren hatte. Unfassbar. Entartet.

Aber nun ist es so. Niemand wird meine Interesse vertreten (soziale Gerechtigkeit, Umweltschutz etc)... stattdessen bereichern sich die korrupten Politiker*innen weiterhin am Volkseigentum. Dass immer noch 24% der Deutschen eine Partei wählen, die gerade dabei ist, das Grundwasservorkommen an Nestle und Coca Cola zu verkaufen, ist grotesk.

Ich geben mir jetzt einen Kopfschuss.

Tschüss.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Citizens who could vote for the first time ever voted like that:
    23% FDP (economic party)
    22% Greens
    15% SPD (Sociodemocrats)
    10% CDU/CSU (conservatives)
    8% Left
    7% AfD (Right)

Overall result (99% safe):
    26% SPD (Sociodemocrats)
    24% CDU/CSU (conservatives)
    15% Greens
    12% FDP (economic party)
    10% AfD (Right)
    4.9% Left (--- didn't make the parliament based on 2nd votes but could enter through 1st votes)
    0.1% SSW (regional party with special rights allowed to enter the parliament for the first time in 60 years)

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Sounds like the Belgian and the German politicial systems are very similar. Well, with more parties being part of the Belgian government, but that's due the citizens being politicially diverse basically.
    And like it's the case with every Europen country, there's at least one right party in Belgium and Germany. Both countries also seem to have in common that the non-right parties pretend the right ones don't exist, which is a rather childish move considering there are citizens who voted for them according to democratic standards.
    I indeed believe that the No. 1 party should always form the government and provide the Chancellor/prime minister. Just take the odd example from German federal state Thuringia: Which message would a party providing the prime minister despite only being 6th strongest force with just 5% from the public vote send? People would feel like their vote doesn't matter as 'they' do whatever 'they' want anyway, and stop voting.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    ^I know what you mean, but if 7 parties form over 50 percent of the vote it is democratic cause they do represent (roughly) over 50 percent of the people, albeit fragmented. We don’t choose our representives directly. Also in Belgium, I cannot vote for any Walloon party, nor can they vote for a Flemish party. So who is the number 1 party then, if we don’t even have all the options as a civilian? On top of that the two biggest parties in Flanders, being a right party that wants an independent Flanders on the one hand, and extreme right on the other hand. There is an unwritten agreement among all parties to never form a coalition with extreme right due to past and current human right violations. Wallonia is traditionally left. I mean try to form a federal government… I am actually scared for our next regional election since extreme right and the Flemish independent party will probably make the 50 percent, although I never see them forming a coalition with the former.

Anyway, what I want to say is that a prime minister would, according to your definition, always be a politician of the two Flemish parties that no one at the federal level wants to work with, and both of them never form a majority on the federal level so… it makes sense that the majority has to be built on the base of a lot of different parties then. It’s the only solution in our current constitution. Majority of Belgium is majority of Belgium, not the majority of Flanders.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Just checked out Belgium's current government, and yeah, it's a major mess. Theoretically, the biggest party doesn't have to provide the Chancellor in Germany either. It happened last in 1980 when the No. 1 and the No. 2 parties were very close, and in the end, they decided in favor of the No. 2 party. I personally disapprove that as I believe that the citizens vote a party as No. 1 for a purpose.
    The biggest mess, however, was in 2019, when German federal state Thuringia had elections, and they first decided to pick a prime minister from the 6th biggest (!) party, barely reaching the 5% necessary to even make the parliament. A few days later, he resigned again, and the biggest party actually provided the prime minister.

Leave a comment:

• Michiel
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Do German parliamentary decisions rely on a simple majority? If so, how the heck does the governing party ever get anything done?! Even the two biggest parties don’t have a majority when combined!
    That’s such weird question to me. We have 7 different parties who constitute the federal government currently (with a simple majority) (the two biggest parties of our country by number are
    not even part of the federal government lol). On the regional level 3 different parties, usually that’s 4 or 5. Maybe that explains why we get nothing done .
    Last edited by Michiel; Sun September 26, 2021, 22:23.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    Just so you know: The picture posted by KEY9481 is the latest update, not the final result.

Wayne : The upcoming legislation period may be the first one ever to have three governing parties in order to achieve the aforementioned simple majority.
    By the way: Going by the result posted by KEY9481 , there would be a majority for the two biggest parties. CDU and CSU are considered one party for national purposes as you can only vote for the CDU in 15 federal states and only for the CSU in one federal state.
    Last edited by theMathematician; Sun September 26, 2021, 22:42.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Originally posted by KEY9481 View Post
    Do German parliamentary decisions rely on a simple majority? If so, how the heck does the governing party ever get anything done?! Even the two biggest parties don’t have a majority when combined!

Leave a comment:

• KEY9481
    replied

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    You won't, buddy ;) .

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    The drama ^^ .
    I don't want to die.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    The drama ^^ .

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    When you look at the prognosis and realize that people voted

1) FOR wars
    2) FOR poverty
    3) FOR climate change
    4) FOR bigotry
    5) FOR corruption.

I have decided that my state should leave the federal republic.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    RIP.

Leave a comment:

• theMathematician
    replied
    I agree with you regarding taxing the rich more. Regarding inflation: I see it as the consequence of raising wages in the first step leading to companies raising prices in the second step. No one in the process wants to have less money to spend, but in the end, they all do.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    2 out of the 3 main contenders for the Chancellorship are pro raising the minimum wage. What they forget: Raising the minimum wage will immediately lead to rising costs because every business will have to balance higher staff wages in some way. In the end, you may earn 100€/month more but have got 100€/month higher expenses? That's window dressing and only intended to bait people who believe that raising their wage will immediately mean that they have got more money to spend in their pockets. And the Sociodemocratic candidate talks about human dignity...
    A lot has to change. Raising wages is always GREAT especially when the inflation rate is so high. BUT they have to also tax the rich more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X