Poll update:

CDU / CSU 22% (-4)
    SPD 22% (+3)
    Green Party 20% (+1)
    AfD 11% (=)
    FDP 10% (-1)
    The Left 6% (-1)

Source: Forschungsgruppe Wahlen / ZDF

3 parties virtually tied for first place, I don‘t think I‘ve ever seen this before.
    I hate the FDP so much. God. Lindner is the worst.
    My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

I hate the FDP so much. God. Lindner is the worst.
      What? No, Lindner is da best!
      Pro: freedom of speech
      Contra: cancel culture

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

What? No, Lindner is da best!
        why would you think that? He is so arrogant and his policies are the worst. I just watched the heute show.
        My Chart

Comment

• I never followed him precisely pre-Covid, but I liked his role during the Covid pandemic. He perfectly did what opposition is supposed to do: observe, criticize and make suggestions for improvement. And he always did so in a poised way, while the government seemed so clueless for months (especially late 20/early 21). I mean: Coming up with a new incidence rate as goal doesn't really scream competency to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post
            Poll update:

CDU / CSU 22% (-4)
            SPD 22% (+3)
            Green Party 20% (+1)
            AfD 11% (=)
            FDP 10% (-1)
            The Left 6% (-1)

Source: Forschungsgruppe Wahlen / ZDF

3 parties virtually tied for first place, I don‘t think I‘ve ever seen this before.
            SPD and Greens sweeties you're doing amazing.

CDU bombing phew. I was born to enjoy and cherish their failure.
            DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
            98 - OUT

Comment

• aRat stanning for an elitist party #richkidz !

Comment

aRat stanning for an elitist party #richkidz !
                Read again. I shamed CDU in my post.

CDU (just like all conservative parties ) is for the benefit of the rich and powerful while liberal parties have the benefit of all of society in mind.
                98 - OUT

Comment

• These days, the Greens are the party of the financial elite, not the CDU. The CDU is the party of thr elderly.

Comment

• Well just lemme repeat what LittleLinda said to you and be done with it:

I’m not gonna be roped into yet another case of “I don’t like the actual meaning of something, so Imma insist on my own”.
                    98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                      Well just lemme repeat what LittleLinda said to you and be done with it:
                      It's the straw man fallacy.
                      I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                      I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• The Greens are as much elitist... as a cockroach.
                        My Chart

Comment

• According to the Heute show, this is the stance of these parties in regards to climate change.

1. Linke - wants to do the most.
                          2. Greens - want to do a lot.
                          3. SPD - wants to do something.
                          --
                          4. CDU - wants to wait and see.
                          5. FDP - want to do something but it shouldn't bother anyone, ergo not really interested.
                          6. AFD - doesn't believe climate change is real.
                          7. CSU - blames refugees for climate change.

So, there are only 3 options.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post

Read again. I shamed CDU in my post.

CDU (just like all conservative parties ) is for the benefit of the rich and powerful while liberal parties have the benefit of all of society in mind.
                            That’s not what liberal means, though. The SPD and especially the Greens aren’t liberal. Liberalism advocates for equality and individual freedom unrestricted by governmental interference. The basic goal is to have less regulations and more self-responsibility. The Greens are pretty much the opposite of that (understandably so, because environmental protection is something that is inconvenient to many individual “freedoms” and apparently cannot be achieved by merely asking people to be more eco-friendly); for anyone to call them “liberal” is pretty puzzling to me.
                            Liberalism has nothing to do with “the benefit of all society” per se, all it means is that no one should be stripped of their basic freedoms and should be equal in front of the law. It doesn’t mean that (just as an example) the disadvantaged should receive governmental benefits to help them bridge the gap between them and more privileged people.
                            It’s anti-oppressive, but other than that you need to “fend for yourself” in a liberal state.

Comment

These days, the Greens are the party of the financial elite, not the CDU. The CDU is the party of thr elderly.
                              You just have to look at party donations and where they come from to know that your statement couldn‘t be farther from the truth.

Most of the big donations from corporations and rich individuals go to FDP and CDU, almost none to the Greens and SPD.

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                That’s not what liberal means, though. The SPD and especially the Greens aren’t liberal. Liberalism advocates for equality and individual freedom unrestricted by governmental interference. The basic goal is to have less regulations and more self-responsibility. The Greens are pretty much the opposite of that (understandably so, because environmental protection is something that is inconvenient to many individual “freedoms” and apparently cannot be achieved by merely asking people to be more eco-friendly); for anyone to call them “liberal” is pretty puzzling to me.
                                Liberalism has nothing to do with “the benefit of all society” per se, all it means is that no one should be stripped of their basic freedoms and should be equal in front of the law. It doesn’t mean that (just as an example) the disadvantaged should receive governmental benefits to help them bridge the gap between them and more privileged people.
                                It’s anti-oppressive, but other than that you need to “fend for yourself” in a liberal state.
                                Yeah... I just meant left leaning parties with strong social politics when I said "liberal" which is what most ppl nowadays mean when they say liberal parties.
                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleLinda View Post
                                  That‘s the original Latin / European meaning of the term. But for some reason, it‘s used as a synonym for ‘left-wing‘ in the anglosphere.

Comment

• all i know is that all conservative parties... may it be the Republicans or the CDU and AfD are the worst parties ever. Conservatism is for people who hate everyone else but themselves.

Conservatism has always been bad and has always hindered progress from going forward.

Conservatives... are war mongers, anti all minorities, and therefore facilitate inequalities, create the greatest wealth gap we have seen so far, and are generally speaking bad, really bad people hiding behind the bible and fake news or anything that should not have any value for society anymore.

I judge conservative people. I think they are a plague.

I'm no radical leftwinger... I just want the fACKING envornment to be saved. It shouldn't be so difficult. And I want for my country to never go to war again. I want poor people to get more money and rich people to pay more. I want everyone to have the same rights and I want assisted suicide (in respect to terminally ill people) to be legal and abortions to be legal. I want guns to be eradicated and nationalism to be abolished. I want people to get fair wages and I want everyone to pay their taxes as they should. I want health care and education to be the #1 priority for everyone. I want to forget what poor children look like. I want the elderly to be taken care of in GREAT and well staffed retirement homes.

I want politicians to work FOR the people and not against everyone who did not vote for them. I want lobbyist to go to hell. I want corruption to end and everyone who participated to be jailed for life.

I want to see Nazis persecuted and prosecuted.

So, if there is a party which can promise me to do all that... then that is my party.
                                    My Chart

Comment

• also.. I want to see more women in government, more minorities and more LGBTQs.

I want younger people to govern younger people. I want old people to retire and enjoy retirement. There should be an age limit for the Bundestag... and it should be 65. If you are over 65 your should not be able to work in politics.

Wolfgang S. is 78... seventy-farking-eight..
                                      My Chart

Comment

also.. I want to see more women in government, more minorities and more LGBTQs.

I want younger people to govern younger people. I want old people to retire and enjoy retirement. There should be an age limit for the Bundestag... and it should be 65. If you are over 65 your should not be able to work in politics.

I want people to become members of the parliament because they are good politicians, not because they are women, members of minorities or LGBT. Take the Greens: Habeck is the better politician, but Baerbock got the go for the election because she's a woman. And gender is not an achievement. Imagine if you ran against another colleague for let's say head of school, and the other one gets chosen for being a woman. Or you get chosen for being LGBT. You want to be chosen because you're the best for the job, aren't you?

Schäuble has got no life beyond his polticial function, so he holds on to it as long as possible. But yeah, I agree that there should be some kind of limit of age for a) politicians and b) college teachers.

Comment

I want people to become members of the parliament because they are good politicians...
                                          so, you should be devastated by what we currently see in parliament... imbeciles and corrupt assholes. Also, don't be so polemic.
                                          My Chart

Comment

also.. I want to see more women in government, more minorities and more LGBTQs.

Yeah don't want to sound ageist but elderly people really shouldn't be making decisions for us. I mean for god's sake most 75+ year old's aren't even allowed to drive anymore because their motorial and cognitive functions don't work like they used to anymore yet all the f**king time we put the oldest of the old in charge. Politics around the world really is a f**king joke.

Just like you said politicans need to retire after 65 just like everyone else.
                                            98 - OUT

Comment

• Ouch, ouch, ouch, aRat. I kind of get where you are coming from, but imagine if I wrote that post! You would've dragged me to the pits for sounding ageist and probably asked for getting me banned or something.

Comment

Ouch, ouch, ouch, aRat. I kind of get where you are coming from, but imagine if I wrote that post! You would've dragged me to the pits for sounding ageist and probably asked for getting me banned or something.

All that post is saying is that politicans need to reitre at 65 or 67 just like any other working individual.
                                                98 - OUT

Comment

• Also where the hell are the consequences for all the corruption and incompetence during the pandemic and floodings which litterally have costed human lives? I haven't seen any heads roll yet...

In the past we used to overthrow presidents just coz we speculated that they were corrupted but nowaydays it seems like the most blatant and malicious corruption and incompetence gets a pass. Honestly what kind of passive, ineffective and corruption-ridden sh!thole is this country turning into?

And poor Timmy can't even blame migrants for this since they literally have zero power and influence in this country...
                                                  98 - OUT

Comment

• The mess we've witnessed over the last 5-6 years or so has really been extraordinary. The refugee crisis, the climate crisis, the endless lockdowns, the botched vaccine rollout, the floodings, Afghanistan - it's been failure after failure. You couldn't have done a worse job running this country if you tried.

Speaking of running the country, is Merkel dead or something? I swear I haven't seen that woman anywhere since the start of the pandemic.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X