• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by heppolo
    Xi, Erdogan, Angie and Vladimir are in a competition of who outlasts who.
    but only one of these is the leader of the free world.
    I think Tony Blair could have still been a PM if he convinced Labour for him to stay on as a leader

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    but only one of these is the leader of the free world.

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I don't like her and her party at all, but the problem is that CDU always wins in the end and when it's a different chancellor it could be even worse (Kamp-Karrenbauer for example)

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by Rihab

Homegurl just refused to rule out a 5th term in her #farbebekennen TV interview. #China
    yass, B!tch won't stop until the AfD is the strongest party in Germany.

I do like consistency tho... and I have to say, there is no alternative to her... who else shud be Bundeskanzlerin? Uschi?

Angela is like the Queen of England... many people don't even know that Germany ever had a different chancellor.

Angie (2005-2021). I do believe she cud win a 5th election.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Homegurl just refused to rule out a 5th term in her #farbebekennen TV interview. #China
    yass, B!tch won't stop until the AfD is the strongest party in Germany.

I do like consistency tho... and I have to say, there is no alternative to her... who else shud be Bundeskanzlerin? Uschi?

Angela is like the Queen of England... many people don't even know that Germany ever had a different chancellor.

Angie (2005-2021). I do believe she cud win a 5th election.

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Angela Merkel sworn in for fourth term as German Chancellor

(CNN) Angela Merkel was sworn in as Chancellor of Germany after lawmakers voted to re-elect her as leader in a close vote on Wednesday morning.

She will now begin a historic fourth term as Chancellor.

The vote in parliament ended almost six months of political turmoil after a federal election saw millions of voters desert the two mainstream parties -- Merkel's Christian Democratic Union and the Social Democratic Party (SPD) -- turning instead to parties on the left and right.

At 171 days, it is by far the longest period in modern German history between a federal election and the election of a Chancellor.

In a secret ballot, 364 of the Bundestag's 709 members voted in favor of Merkel -- nine more than the 50% required. Thirty-five MPs from the parties governing under Merkel did not vote to re-elect her.

Speaking on Monday in expectation of her re-election, Merkel said: "I think everyone has the feeling it's time to finally start working. A new departure for Europe, a new dynamic for Germany, new cohesion for our country -- that's what we have before us... So there is a lot of work ahead."

SOURCE

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Re: Germany: Chaos, failed coalition talks, Merkel in jeopar

I don't know what to think of Spahn ...

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by KokoCollino
    ^ Spahn :-?
    Yeah, Jens Spahn.

He‘s what the CDU (thinks it) needs rn: An actual conservative (though gay) who‘ll try to turn back the clock to 2000, before Merkel took over and turned the party into an SPD clone. He could unite them with the CSU again and win back right-wingers from the FDP and AfD.

I like von der Leyen, but she is to Merkel what Hillary was to Obama: One of her cabinet members who’s been in politics for decades, who agrees 100% with every single one of her policies and who doesn’t bring anything new to the table. If Americans rejected that after 8 very successful Obama years, I don’t see Germans voting for ‘more of the same’ after 13 years, of which the last 3 were quite messy.

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied

How old are Uschi's kids? Doesn't she have more kids than Nicki Minaj features. Would she do this job then?

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by KokoCollino
    naw, Uschi von der Leyen is going to make it. Germany only prospers under strong women with bad hairdos.

Uschi for chancellor... we can follow her up with empress Frauke Petry who hopefully rejoins the Nazis again... cause without her they won't be able to establish their 4th Reich.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    Spahn y'all.
    Chancellor Spaniel?

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Welt-Trend:

86% of Germans want Merkel to resign

46% want her to resign immediately
    17% want her to resign if talks for a grand coalition fail
    8% want her to resign by 2019
    15% want her to resign by 2021

only 10% don't want her to resign at all

Source
    Get ready for chancellor Spahn y'all.

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    I wonder why she even bothered running again for the gazillionth time.
    That's DDR upbringing for you

Leave a comment:

• jio
    replied
    I wonder why she even bothered running again for the gazillionth time. A controversial figure for sure but whether one loves her or hates her, her place in history is pretty much secured and her best days are definitely behind her. Steeply or slowly the only direction for her to go from now on is down so it would have been better for her (and perhaps for all of us too) if she had just bowed out before the elections

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied

Merkel is safe. The SPD is doing it, no question about it. However, after another 4 years with Merkel and SPD the AfD is going to win the next GE. The fourth Reich is imminent.

Leave a comment:

• MrDiva
    replied

This ist s damn mess

According to GMX merkel is suffering from this

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainshow
    SPD doesn't want to rule with Merkel either. They just turned the idea down and are in favor of a new election.
    they might want to rule with AfD next time...forcefully
    Please don't inspire my brain to create nightmares xD

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    SPD doesn't want to rule with Merkel either. They just turned the idea down and are in favor of a new election.
    they might want to rule with AfD next time...forcefully

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    Originally posted by Erotica
    So I know which topic will be on the news in Germany the next weeks :/ hope there won't be a Brennpunkt on Tuesday, I want to watch Die Kanzlei
    At least, you've set your priorities right xD
    yes

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied
    Originally posted by Erotica
    So I know which topic will be on the news in Germany the next weeks :/ hope there won't be a Brennpunkt on Tuesday, I want to watch Die Kanzlei
    At least, you've set your priorities right xD

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied

This is not interesting at all.
    It's no secret that CDU has been drifting to the left for years now.
    That's why SPD hasn't been needed as they used to be.
    That's why Germany is in need for a conservative factor at the moment and that those people did not vote, voted for FDP or AfD or tried their luck with Merkel again evwn though they are not 100% happy with it.

FDP did everything right with not agreeing on things they can't stand behind 100%.
    There's too much to lose kn the longrun.

Leave a comment:

• Serby
    replied
    I know, but are those the only countries with such flag colours? Seems very random lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X