X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Mainshow, I agree.

In addition, AfD would need to find a partner to reign, and I don't think any party is here for that.

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Originally posted by Crackiswack
    Why is she so loved in Germany???
    Is she?

Leave a comment:

• Crackiswack
    replied
    Why is she so loved in Germany???

Leave a comment:

• ArmyOfMe
    replied
    Queen. I hope she slays the far-right.

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied
    Originally posted by heppolo
    And then AfD gets 50.1% on a night of a low turnout and marches on
    This won't happen.
    Even though many foreigners like to joke about Germans being "Nazis" and so on, we haven't had a single right-wing or nationalist party in our parliament for decades while our neighbouring countries usually vote way more right-wing and conservative than we do.

AfD will be "successful" and I'm quite sure that they will reach 10+ % but I still have faith in my fellow citizens. I'd even say that half of our population argue that CDU is already too "right". We won't have a Trump/Szydlo/Orbán/Brexit/Le Pen scenario here.

Leave a comment:

• spiritboy
    replied
    Erdogan will be happy about this

Leave a comment:

• heppolo
    replied
    And then AfD gets 50.1% on a night of a low turnout and marches on

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    I would vote for the Greens but I am sure they won't choose a candidate I like :(

Originally posted by KokoCollino
    Do you think von der Leyen is a realistic bet for CDU 2021?
    Klöckner's done since the RLP vote right?
    maybe. This woman is even worse than Merkel, so I would not be surprised

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Do you think von der Leyen is a realistic bet for CDU 2021?
    Klöckner's done since the RLP vote right?

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by Rihab
    I hope they won't choose Gabriel ... What do you think of Martin Schulz?
    Literally anyone would be better than Gabriel, but Schulz could actually win imo. I usually vote green, but depending on the candidates I might switch to red or purple this time, cause I'm definitely not here for black-green.

Ideally, the SPD would choose a younger woman like Schwesig, not some old, bearded guy to go against Merkel, but Schulz is the second-best option now that Steinmeier is set to become president.
    Schwesig would be great
    Yeah, I think she could be the next big thing for the SPD. They probably want her to gain more experience so she can run against von der Leyen in 2021 or 2025.

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Literally anyone would be better than Gabriel, but Schulz could actually win imo. I usually vote green, but depending on the candidates I might switch to red or purple this time, cause I'm definitely not here for black-green.

Ideally, the SPD would choose a younger woman like Schwesig, not some old, bearded guy to go against Merkel, but Schulz is the second-best option now that Steinmeier is set to become president.
    Schwesig would be great

Leave a comment:

• MrDiva
    replied
    Leave our beloved empress alone. God save the Merkel

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    If the SPD choose Gabriel (and I think they will), then they have zero chances for a good result :/

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    Btw, thanks for opening, Rihab

(lol it was first autocorrected to Rihanna )

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    I watched Anne Will talkshow yesterday with Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, state minister of Saarland. Wow, I just found out what she said last year about gay marriage - it would lead to incest and polygamy marriage demands! Unelectable Jens Spahn is having a hard time in the CDU I guess, but I feel like I should be cautious before saying I like him, don't know which bad sides he has I don't know yet

Leave a comment:

• Mainshow
    replied
    I'm still surprised why the NRW state election in 2005 led to such chaos including the early new elections, that Merkel "won". Otherwise, we would've had federal elections in 2014 (shortly before the peak of the refugee crisis) and 2018 (with more distance to Brexit, Trump, and possibly Le Pen). I know we won't ever know the differences but it's interesting to think about.
    NRW is by far the biggest state in the nation and it had been reliably red for decades before 2005. If in January, the SPD picks Gabriel as their candidate (I hope not) and then loses NRW in May, that'll be a sign that he can't win in September and there'll be lots of drama again.
    Truth told. NRW has 18 million inhabitans. We may function as an indicator how the political situation looks like in Germany.
    Especially since weare most SPD-loyal.

Gabriel would be a horrible candidate. If he gets picked, I hope to see SPD below 20%.

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    I'm still surprised why the NRW state election in 2005 led to such chaos including the early new elections, that Merkel "won". Otherwise, we would've had federal elections in 2014 (shortly before the peak of the refugee crisis) and 2018 (with more distance to Brexit, Trump, and possibly Le Pen). I know we won't ever know the differences but it's interesting to think about.
    NRW is by far the biggest state in the nation and it had been reliably red for decades before 2005. If in January, the SPD picks Gabriel as their candidate (I hope not) and then loses NRW in May, that'll be a sign that he can't win in September and there'll be lots of drama again.

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rihab
    replied
    Originally posted by Erotica
    this is mostly decided anyway, Merkel and CDU will win again as always :evil: I hate this party

don't know yet for whom I vote, it will also depend on the other candidates for the parties

Leave a comment:

• LOVE+FEAR
    replied
    stevyy, I don't think "others" will be below 3-4% ...
    Apart from that it looks pretty realistic IMO but I think CDU will only be slightly above 30%

Leave a comment:

• Erotica
    replied
    this is mostly decided anyway, Merkel and CDU will win again as always :evil: I hate this party

don't know yet for whom I vote, it will also depend on the other candidates for the parties

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Crackiswack
    If the populist/nationalist party wins this one, I don't know how this will end up. I won't be in shock, but I'll be nervous for the future
    afd will never win a federal election.

my estimation:

CDU/CSU: 35,7%
    SPD: 23,4%
    AfD: 16,7%
    Greens: 9,1%
    Linke: 8,3%
    FDP: 5,9%
    Others: 0,9%

Leave a comment:

• Crackiswack
    replied
    If the populist/nationalist party wins this one, I don't know how this will end up. I won't be in shock, but I'll be nervous for the future

Leave a comment:

Working...
X