No announcement yet.

German Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lauterbach is currently visiting Ukrainian hospitals and not wearing the mask (source).
    Özdemir has travelled via train to Poland to talk about global nutrition and is not wearing the mask (source).

Good to know that politicians don't have to stick with the rules they require others to practise.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
      Lauterbach is currently visiting Ukrainian hospitals and not wearing the mask (source).
      Özdemir has travelled via train to Poland to talk about global nutrition and is not wearing the mask (source).

Good to know that politicians don't have to stick with the rules they require others to practise.
      are masks currently required?
      My Chart

Comment

• In public transport, yes. In medical care, yes.

Comment

• Rihab , what's your view on Sarah Wagenkecht? I feel like I'm agreeing with quite a few of her points recently, even though she is member of the far left.

Comment

Rihab , what's your view on Sarah Wagenkecht? I feel like I'm agreeing with quite a few of her points recently, even though she is member of the far left.
            I love her... even though she is sometimes deluded as fark. But 60% of her points are VALID.

She really did pull one over .... when she refused to accept that Putain would invade Ukraine... but she's now dusted off her shortcomings and spreads the truth about ... let's say... context.

The context being that the situation as a whole is more difficult and complex than many people would think. Nobody for example... cared about the US threatening war on the Solomon Islands for entering a military alignment with China.

The west is still incredibly corrupt and immoral in many ways... but everytime she is pointing out this legit truth... the Markus Lanz gang is throwing a hissy fit.
            My Chart

Comment

• Lauterbach is already coming up with imaginary scenarios of what could happen in late 2022 and which mandatory measurements may be necessary by then.
              If he was some random politician, I would just say 'Whatever, let him talk!', but he's minister of health .

Comment

• Just read that Lauterbach 'suggests wearing masks for indoor activities'
                I feel like this man totally forgot about what the job of a minister of health is. He is supposed to make sure vaccines, masks etc. are available, so everyone can decide to use them or not. However, he is not everyone's doctor. He is not supposed to give medical advice and, in fact, cannot without even knowing people's individual pre-conditions.

Comment

• Neue Fälle aus den Bundesländern am heutigen Tag: 43.021 (-32.158 bzw. -43% im Vergleich zur Vorwoche)
                  Anzahl der Neuinfizierten pro Tag im 7-Tage-Durchschnitt: 55.649 (-4.965 im Vergleich zu gestern)
                  Prozentuale Änderung des 7-Tage-Durchschnitts im Vergleich zur Vorwoche: +32% (-30 Prozentpunkte im Vergleich zu gestern)
                  Anzahl der Patienten in intensivmedizinischer Behandlung: 693 (+12 im Vergleich zu gestern), davon beatmet 246 (+1 im Vergleich zu gestern)
                  Prozentuale Änderung der Anzahl der ITS-Patienten im Vergleich zur Vorwoche: +11% (+2 Prozentpunkte im Vergleich zu gestern)
                  Anzahl der Erstimpfungen pro Tag im 7-Tage-Durchschnitt: 926 (-91 im Vergleich zu gestern)
                  Anzahl der Zweitimpfungen pro Tag im 7-Tage-Durchschnitt: 1.616 (-185 im Vergleich zu gestern)
                  Anzahl der ersten Auffrischimpfungen pro Tag im 7-Tage-Durchschnitt: 5.596 (-846 im Vergleich zu gestern)
                  Anzahl der zweiten Auffrischimpfungen pro Tag im 7-Tage-Durchschnitt: 17.918 (-2.715 im Vergleich zu gestern)

Kann passieren, dass der Anstieg der Fallzahlen nur von kurzer Dauer sein wird, denn z.B. in Schleswig-Holstein ist die 7-Tage-Inzidenz von Dienstag bis Freitag um ganze 2,3 Punkte gestiegen und die haben dort kein langes Wochenende, sondern melden normal.
                  Auch die CWA-Daten zeigen einen prozentual schwächeren Anstieg der 7-Tage-Positivrate als noch in der letzten Woche.

Datenquelle: eigene Berechnungen aus RKI-Zahlen und Zahlen aus den Behörden der Bundesländern, Zahl der Intensivpatienten im Tagesreport von der DIVI, Impfzahlen aus dem Impfdashboard
                  (Links sind im Spoiler)
                  My Chart

Comment

• I think it fits more in the 'general chat' thread as it's not really politics-related, is it?

Comment

• The governments of NRW, Baden Wurttemberg, Hesse and Bavaria demand the national government to enable the legal conditions to re-introduce measurements such as mandatory mask for indoor activities, 2G/3G rules, mandatory testing, maximal customer capacities and limited amounts of contacts.

Comment

• BW's Kretschmann wants the whole measurement spectrum back, including curfews. Kubicki from the Liberals heavily opposes such heavy measurements and says that his party won't approve them in parliament (sources: SWR, Bild).

Comment

• measures HAVE to return. Otherwise, we will see 10 million cases daily.
                          My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                            measures HAVE to return. Otherwise, we will see 10 million cases daily.
                            Well, 8 days and we'd be through, sounds perfect to me !

Comment

Well, 8 days and we'd be through, sounds perfect to me !
                              with probably 5 million dying due to either covid or the breakdown of the health system.
                              My Chart

Comment

• The health system, fortunately, hasn't broken down yet and it won't due to the Covid in the future. Most of the people with risk factors are already vaccinated, and the vaccine serves the purpose of preventing heavy cases. People without risk fctors have even less risks of a heavy case.

Comment

• The fact that in particular the Greens were very supportive of economic sanctions against Russia, while now it seems that the Russian economy still hasn't collapsed and Germany struggles to have enough gas for the upcoming winter season...

Comment

• Don't know why you're singling out the German Greens here when 6 out of 7 parties in our parliament AND the governments of all 27 EU member states okayed all sanctions so far. Sanctions that were proposed by the European Commission, where the Greens have no say btw. Brainwashed by anti-democratic far-right parties who are under surveillance?

Comment

• The Greens didn't build pipelines to Russia, didn't stall renewable energy for 16 years and didn't make us dependent on Putin. We're now paying the price for 16 years of Merkel and her do-nothing conservatives.

Comment

• Rihab : You are right that the sanctions were supported by multiple countries, but you can't deny that the Greens were their biggest supporters. The idea itself wasn't even bad, but it was poorly executed because in the end, the sanctions ended up hurting Germany more than Russia actually - that's what I call collateral damage. It's like trying to teach the bad guy a lesson on the schoolyard and ending up with a black eye yourself while the bad guy is enjoying the spectacle.
                                        I also agree that the Conservatives under Merkel had caused a lot of problems that only turn out as such now by making Germany dependent on Russian gas and along the way kissing Putin's behind. And of course as always, Merkel won't admit any mistakes in her Russia politics..

Comment

the sanctions ended up hurting Germany more than Russia actually
                                          Wrong as usual. Stop spreading fake news.

OECD data:

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post
                                            measures HAVE to return. Otherwise, we will see 10 million cases daily.
                                            Is covid still a thing in Germany?
                                            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

• OK, good to know that Russia's economy is projected to decrease by 4.1%, even though that's still a fairly low share and surely not enough to make Putin change his views on the war.
                                              I'm struggling to put the statistic in context with the point I was trying to make. Prices for energy and food have increased and are expected to increase in Germany, which surely was not the initial point of the sanctions and is a burden for most Germans. Russia on the other hand seems to be less dependent on the EU than the other way around: China and India seemed happy to step in instead, and a follow-up to the national MC Donald's branches was found strikingly quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Is covid still a thing in Germany?
                                                Depends on who you ask. The health minister is in panic mode again.

Speaking of him, he just had the audacity to attend a demonstration and speak to unvaccinated nurses who demonstrated against a mandatory vaccination that 'their work didn't matter'. The very nurses who, when measurements were at their hardest, were the only contact people for the elderly or injured patients...

Comment

OK, good to know that Russia's economy is projected to decrease by 4.1%, even though that's still a fairly low share and surely not enough to make Putin change his views on the war.
                                                  I'm struggling to put the statistic in context with the point I was trying to make. Prices for energy and food have increased and are expected to increase in Germany, which surely was not the initial point of the sanctions and is a burden for most Germans. Russia on the other hand seems to be less dependent on the EU than the other way around: China and India seemed happy to step in instead, and a follow-up to the national MC Donald's branches was found strikingly quickly.
                                                  Even if you had a point with your constant whining (you don't): What is the alternative here?

Give up on Ukraine and keep paying Putin billions so he can kill more innocent people and attack the next country? You're coming across as a spoiled brat who cares about no one but himself and about nothing but money. Like peace and democracy don't mean anything to you. Like war crimes committed in the middle of Europe and Millions of people losing their homes are none of your business. Stop being so f*cking egocentric. Show some compassion. Be human for once.

Inflation is affecting each and everyone of us. And it's mostly a result of the post-pandemic economic recovery that's happening all around the world right now, not of the Russia sanctions. The sanctions surely play a role. But prices are also skyrocketing in countries that didn't get involved in the conflict at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

Even if you had a point with your constant whining (you don't): What is the alternative here?

Give up on Ukraine and keep paying Putin billions so he can kill more innocent people and attack the next country? You're coming across as a spoiled brat who cares about no one but himself and about nothing but money. Like peace and democracy don't mean anything to you. Like war crimes committed in the middle of Europe and Millions of people losing their homes are none of your business. Stop being so f*cking egocentric. Show some compassion. Be human for once.

Inflation is affecting each and everyone of us. And it's mostly a result of the post-pandemic economic recovery that's happening all around the world right now, not of the Russia sanctions. The sanctions surely play a role. But prices are also skyrocketing in countries that didn't get involved in the conflict at all.
                                                    Day to day cost of living had already started to increase long before the war happened - it had started during Covid in fact.
                                                    " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

Comment

Working...
                                                    X