Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

German Politics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rihab : I would support your view IF it really hurt Putin significantly. The thing is that it doesn't, so it's a seemingly moral victory, which is basically a nice way to hide that the parties that supported the sanctions the most failed to beat a bully.
    You don't show solidarity by claiming independence from Russian gas, while having trouble to get through the winter, when the Ukraine is not profitting from it in any way.
    So yeah, I expect from members of the government to come up with smarter ideas to make this war end asap - and 'smart' means to be driven by logic, not ideology.
    It is true that especially the Conservatives under Merkel spent huge sums of money on questionable anti-Covid measurements without thinking about who would afford them someday. But yeah, the currently rapidly increasing food and energy prices are related to Germany's failed Russia politics. Even during Covid, gas prices were miles away from where they are now.
    By the way: You're an academic who works with children - you can do better than to debate by using defamations of the person you're communicating with.

    Comment


    • Literally everything at the store is at least 50% more expensive now
      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
      98 - OUT

      Comment


      • Everybody and their mother complain about lack of staff at the moment. The German president suggests a mandatory social year, comparable to the compulsory military service.

        I've got a better idea: At the moment, there are about 2.4m unemployed people in Germany. Everyone who is out of work for more than 6 months, is not registered to to be unable to work for health reasons and wants social benefits is supposed to do social services, e.g. cleaning public places and streets, playing games with kindergarten children, chatting with the elderly in nusery homes, etc. In return, they receive minimum wage. Studies with little demand for the job market (e.g. cultural studies, philosophy, biology, etc.) would have to increase their NCs heavily. The whole educational system needs to move away from 'only high school and college is everything'. Primary school teachers would have to inform the parents about all options beyond the school type with the highest level of requirements. High school teachers would have to inform the students about vocational trainings. Every company with at least 10 employees should be required to offer vocational trainings. Care and craft jobs need to become the most common jobs for middle school graduates.
        Last edited by theMathematician; Fri June 24, 2022, 11:28.

        Comment


        • From July on, civil tests are going to cost 3€ with risk group members still getting them for free.

          Comment


          • Oh look who's had their first real job for two days and now feels entitled to lecture the unemployed. I have to laugh.

            Originally posted by Rihab View Post
            Even if you had a point with your constant whining (you don't): What is the alternative here?
            Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
            I would support your view IF it really hurt Putin significantly. The thing is that it doesn't […]

            So yeah, I expect from members of the government to come up with smarter ideas to make this war end asap
            So in other words, there is no better alternative or at least you can't name one. But you want to get rid of sanctions, which are the one thing that actually works, because they are causing you some inconveniences. And because we're 4 months in and surprisingly, Putin hasn't turned into a pacifist yet. So you're basically saying ''roll over and let Putin win''. Got it. Not gonna happen.


            Comment


            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
              In public transport, yes. In medical care, yes.
              Source?
              " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

              Comment


              • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                The health system, fortunately, hasn't broken down yet and it won't due to the Covid in the future. Most of the people with risk factors are already vaccinated, and the vaccine serves the purpose of preventing heavy cases. People without risk fctors have even less risks of a heavy case.
                You seem to be under the impression that vaccination is permanent. Which is not the case.
                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                  Source?
                  I only got German ones, so not sure whether they help. At the moment, you need to wear the mask if you use public transport and if you use medical treatments. I haven't used public transport in a while, but I know from a co-worker that the mandate still applies. I recently went to a doctor for a routine check up and had to wear a mask, though it's no longer specified to have to be an FFP2 one.

                  Rihab : Since graduating from school, I have always worked in side jobs, multiple ones at times, and never used social benefits. I would rather accept a low profile job than receive unemployment benefit with giving back nothing in return.
                  At the moment, I don't see how those sanctions work, but nevermind. It seems to me like everyone is hoping for a wonder, which doesn't sound like a brilliant war strategy, to be honest. Give me Baerbock's monthly pay and I would come up with a strategy in a week, I bet you. The thing is: The longer the war goes on, the more destruction happens, the more people get hurt or even die, the more the economy and global food supply struggles. I think I've told you that there are also a couple of Ukrainian families living in my town for now. I haven't spoken with them about the current situation, but I've heard a few times before that the majority of Ukrainians currently living in Germany want to return to the Ukraine asap. Makes sense because, let's face it, if I was stuck in a foreign country for a while, I would want to return to my native country asap. However, the longer the war goes on, the more people will kind of arrange with living here, which on the other hand will make it harder to mentally prepare for a return to their native country. I mean, that was the plan for the Syrian refugees as well, but due to the Merkel government, that plan didn't really work, did it? I love the Ukrainian patriotism and that the Ukrainians defend their country, but then again, they will only be able to rebuild the country if they return to their country as soon as possible, so yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of stretching the war unnecessarily and support compromises, even if that means to having to go a step or two in the direction of a bully.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                    I only got German ones, so not sure whether they help. At the moment, you need to wear the mask if you use public transport and if you use medical treatments. I haven't used public transport in a while, but I know from a co-worker that the mandate still applies. I recently went to a doctor for a routine check up and had to wear a mask, though it's no longer specified to have to be an FFP2 one.
                    Except they werent in Germany so those rules dont apply. What matters is the rules of the country they are currently in - ie Ukraine and Poland and neither of those countries have a mask mandate at the moment.
                    " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                      I only got German ones, so not sure whether they help. At the moment, you need to wear the mask if you use public transport and if you use medical treatments. I haven't used public transport in a while, but I know from a co-worker that the mandate still applies. I recently went to a doctor for a routine check up and had to wear a mask, though it's no longer specified to have to be an FFP2 one.

                      Rihab : Since graduating from school, I have always worked in side jobs, multiple ones at times, and never used social benefits. I would rather accept a low profile job than receive unemployment benefit with giving back nothing in return.
                      At the moment, I don't see how those sanctions work, but nevermind. It seems to me like everyone is hoping for a wonder, which doesn't sound like a brilliant war strategy, to be honest. Give me Baerbock's monthly pay and I would come up with a strategy in a week, I bet you. The thing is: The longer the war goes on, the more destruction happens, the more people get hurt or even die, the more the economy and global food supply struggles. I think I've told you that there are also a couple of Ukrainian families living in my town for now. I haven't spoken with them about the current situation, but I've heard a few times before that the majority of Ukrainians currently living in Germany want to return to the Ukraine asap. Makes sense because, let's face it, if I was stuck in a foreign country for a while, I would want to return to my native country asap. However, the longer the war goes on, the more people will kind of arrange with living here, which on the other hand will make it harder to mentally prepare for a return to their native country. I mean, that was the plan for the Syrian refugees as well, but due to the Merkel government, that plan didn't really work, did it? I love the Ukrainian patriotism and that the Ukrainians defend their country, but then again, they will only be able to rebuild the country if they return to their country as soon as possible, so yeah, I'm definitely not a fan of stretching the war unnecessarily and support compromises, even if that means to having to go a step or two in the direction of a bully.
                      there is still a war going on in Syria.

                      Also... Germany and countries like Germany (ie the entirety of Scandinavia and Western Europe) truly are the beacons of freedom and security. If you grew up in a war ridden unstable dictatorship and then experienced what freedom actually means, you wouldn't want to return to your native country. If Nazi Germany would have won the war, I doubt that anyone who fled would have returned by now.

                      Also sh!!!ting on Merkel's refugees policy or stance is not a good look, since that is literally the only good thing the woman has done in 16 years.

                      After all, she de-financed renewable energy sources and industries and voted against gay rights. Mutti was not kind to US... but she was kind to refugees - even if it was for just 1 second.
                      My Chart

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                        Give me Baerbock's monthly pay and I would come up with a strategy in a week, I bet you.
                        Can you please share your strategy to end the war ? We would all love to hear it.

                        Seeing as it is only hypothetical you can pretend that you are on the rate of pay required to formulate this strategy.

                        Over to you.
                        " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                          Except they werent in Germany so those rules dont apply. What matters is the rules of the country they are currently in - ie Ukraine and Poland and neither of those countries have a mask mandate at the moment.
                          You're right there. However, those are the very people who are responsible for the German rules, so they believe that you still need them but not in Poland or the Ukraine? It's even more curious regarding the train ride because they must've worn the mask in Germany and by the time they pass the border to Poland put it off.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                            Except they werent in Germany so those rules dont apply. What matters is the rules of the country they are currently in - ie Ukraine and Poland and neither of those countries have a mask mandate at the moment.
                            And on top of that, they're the highest government officials. It's kinda important that people are able to recognize them and easily understand them. For the same reason, we never had a mask mandate for those speaking in parliament either.

                            Comment


                            • Ukraine and Moldova are now candidate countries for EU membership. So in the future, their citizens will be free to live in whichever EU country they choose. It's their choice whether they want to stay or return to their home country, not ours. But let's be honest, for us it's better if they stay. Our economy desperately needs more immigrants. And if the Ukrainians were to go home, we'd have to bring in a lot more from Africa and Asia.

                              Comment


                              • I heavily disagree with you on that point, but this should be no surprise to you. Every German should just get three children and you wouldn't need to rely on immigrants to solve economic problems. And yes, I wouldn't exclude myself from that either.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Rihab View Post
                                  Ukraine and Moldova are now candidate countries for EU membership. So in the future, their citizens will be free to live in whichever EU country they choose. It's their choice whether they want to stay or return to their home country, not ours. But let's be honest, for us it's better if they stay. Our economy desperately needs more immigrants. And if the Ukrainians were to go home, we'd have to bring in a lot more from Africa and Asia.
                                  Exactly. What bigots fail to understand is that our country gets immigrants not because they want them but because they need them for the current economic and societal model to continue functioning.
                                  Last edited by aRat; Sat June 25, 2022, 12:13.
                                  DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                  98 - OUT

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                    I heavily disagree with you on that point, but this should be no surprise to you. Every German should just get three children and you wouldn't need to rely on immigrants to solve economic . And yes, I wouldn't exclude myself from that either.
                                    Not every German wants children. Not every German finds a partner to have children with. Not every German couple is physically able to have children. And not every German can afford children, let alone 3 of them. It's just not realistic.

                                    I mean let's be real, the 4 Germans posting regularly in this thread are likely to have a total of 0 children. Even if we miraculously all did have children over the next 10 years, they wouldn't enter the work force until 25-35 years from now, at which point Millions of jobs will be gone forever unless we get people from outside the country to fill them now. But let's pretend just for a minute that you get your will: It's 2060 now, the 4 of us have 12 children with our partners and all 20 of us still live in Germany, although our economy has suffered severely as a result of the immigration policy you're proposing… Our children are not very likely to want to clean toilets or do construction work during post-climate change 40 degree summers, are they?

                                    Why go through all that trouble just to keep foreigners out? I have yet to hear one satisfactory, non-racist answer to that question. Ethnic Germans aren't superior. In fact, mixed-race people have better genes. And hot take: they're hotter. So in the short term, we'll be better off economically thanks to immigration. And long term, it will not only make us richer as a nation (if Germany still exists as a sovereign nation in a few decades), but also healthier, smarter and hotter. Everyone who's not a nazi wins. Yay.
                                    Last edited by Rihab; Sat June 25, 2022, 12:15.

                                    Comment


                                    • Couples who cannot have children is a thing, I get that. The German legislative should make adoption easier for such cases. And of course, when you're single, you need to find a partner first. If someone actually is in the position of a) being through with your education b) having a partner and c) not wanting children, that's where my understanding ends, sorry not sorry.

                                      The people from outside won't do the jobs. See Syrians from 2015 on. Immigrants with high qualifications will skip Germany and go to other places, e.g. Canada or Switzerland. As I've said before, I would reduce the unemployment rate to zero by demanding everyone whose health allows them to work to do social work. Craft and care jobs need to become the most common jobs for middle school geaduates. Having cleaned toilets in exchange for money myself and being a supporter of meritocracy, I will tell my children that there is no bad job but that there are more comfortable jobs than others and if they want a nice and comfortable one, they need to show effort in school.

                                      I don't think mixed race people are better-gened in general. There are beautiful and ugly people in each race, and the combination of beautiful people makes their children even more beautiful. I still don't understand how you believe that immigration gets Germany healthier, smarter or richer.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                        I heavily disagree with you on that point, but this should be no surprise to you. Every German should just get three children and you wouldn't need to rely on immigrants to solve economic problems. And yes, I wouldn't exclude myself from that either.
                                        Back to wanting "racially pure german" breeding programs I see.

                                        Originally posted by Timmy94 (2015) View Post
                                        And now something that probably makes me appear as a total racist : These days, many interracial relationships happen and while the idea of two different individuals fusioning to a whole new mix is interesting, it's also estimable to support what would be referred to as purity of breeding when it comes to animals. I know, you already portray me as the devil himself while reading this . When it comes to dogs for example, a hybrid can be very interesting as well, but there are also reasons why people adopt a purebred dog and while of course it's the character that matters, the look of a dog is not completely unimportant either, especially when it comes to rare breeds that might die out if not supported from outside.
                                        And that's also the case when it comes to human beings as there are dominant and recessive characteristics and especially these days, it's easier to meet all kinds of people and purebred fusions become less often and something that's rare is automatically valuable.

                                        Nevertheless, there are people who rather prefer to stay among themselves. For example, the biggest minority in Germany are people of Turkish descent, yet most Turkish people are in a partnership with another Turk. Most Turkish children also tend to have a Turkish name - at least I have yet to meet a Turkish person called Michael or Peter. There seem to be cultures that are more and others that are less open towards it.

                                        And now I'm waiting for people that act like I was Hitler himself... Although I happen to have foreign friends myself and rather tend to correct my dad whenever he says something stereotypical with regard to foreigners, which I try to explain with him being grown up in a different time and different values...
                                        Originally posted by Timmy94 (2015) View Post
                                        Thinking about it again, I might've sounded a bit Cartman-like. I wasn't saying that only people of one race deserve to live together. The "fusion of the best of both worlds" argument sounds plausible, but it's also the case that pedigree is a sign of constancy in some way and it's cool to be able to refer to certain races instead of basically having one mix (as long as it's not related to prejudices).
                                        And let's say I as Caucasian with blue eyes and dark blonde hair had a child with an African American girl. It would probably take a few generations until there was a child with blonde hair again. That's always the "problem" when it comes to comes to recessive attributes and why e.g. green/blue eyes, fair skin and blonde/red hair are threatened to become extinct if not for genetic mutation.
                                        We of course fall in love also due to our partner's look, but I wouldn't say "no" to somebody who is my dream partner, just happening to come from a different country. It would be sad if blonde people were to die out, so there might be certain programs going to happen in the future.
                                        But of course, I'm not against interracial couples in general - my best friend from primary school days is of Turkish and German origin .

                                        @the ban: Certain people have been shading me for a while, but I feel like the mods always knew that I was right and I got supported through them. One day, Wayne wrote me a PM, saying that there would be issuea going on. I tried to have a conversation with him, trying to explain my situation and hoped for his understanding. But instead, he was like "No, I don't care, you're banned". I was referred to as troll despite all the work I invested into this forum, my fight AGAINST trolls and delusion especially caused by stans of divas.
                                        During my ban, I tried to contact the forum and asked for an explanation and an apology and didn't get an answer at all.
                                        When I contacted Wayne after my ban in order to get what I deserve, he was like "get over it". That's basically like the victim of bullies being made the offender and not allowed to fight back.
                                        Mods should try to understand someone's position and try to have a look at whether the person is having good intensions or really looking for trouble. And mods shouldn't be people to be afraid of, they should moderate and mediate. So whenever another problem should come up, please contact me, we can solve every issue, but this action was simply unnecessary and unfair!

                                        @Airwrecka: I'm fine if you're against my opinions, freedom of speech - but don't judge me for having opinions that might differ from yours.
                                        Originally posted by Timmy94 (2015) View Post
                                        Of course not like some kind of one child policy equivalent, rather like organisations offering better chances for blonde people to meet each other or so.
                                        DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                        98 - OUT

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by aRat View Post

                                          Back to wanting "racially pure german" breeding programs I see.
                                          Yeah, I remember those posts. They were over the top, I get that.
                                          But being factual, there are two options to handle a low birth rate: increase of the birth rate or increase of migration.
                                          Both arguments are legit to have.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                            Couples who cannot have children is a thing, I get that. The German legislative should make adoption easier for such cases. And of course, when you're single, you need to find a partner first. If someone actually is in the position of a) being through with your education b) having a partner and c) not wanting children, that's where my understanding ends, sorry not sorry.

                                            The people from outside won't do the jobs. See Syrians from 2015 on. Immigrants with high qualifications will skip Germany and go to other places, e.g. Canada or Switzerland. As I've said before, I would reduce the unemployment rate to zero by demanding everyone whose health allows them to work to do social work. Craft and care jobs need to become the most common jobs for middle school geaduates. Having cleaned toilets in exchange for money myself and being a supporter of meritocracy, I will tell my children that there is no bad job but that there are more comfortable jobs than others and if they want a nice and comfortable one, they need to show effort in school.

                                            I don't think mixed race people are better-gened in general. There are beautiful and ugly people in each race, and the combination of beautiful people makes their children even more beautiful. I still don't understand how you believe that immigration gets Germany healthier, smarter or richer.
                                            No shade but you can't even get a date. Who you gonna have three children with? You literally live in a fantasy world of delusion.
                                            Last edited by InFamous; Sat June 25, 2022, 20:23.
                                            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

                                            Comment


                                            • My take on the "children" discussion... my brother has 3 kids. I have currently 0. But I will have at least 1 child in the near future.

                                              One more thing, the government should take better care of kids and families financially.. like double the Kindergeld and make education completely free, also invest in arts / music programmes.

                                              Germany made a lot of mistakes in the past 30 years when it comes to making the traditional family attractive again. (by traditional I mean 2 adults, gender not important, + kid - wherever it may come from).

                                              I also want to emphasize that immigrants are welcome here. People who want the blonde, Germanic, blue-eyed family.... miss out and are probably very racist.
                                              My Chart

                                              Comment


                                              • InFamous : You're very open about your physical contacts, but once I've digged a little deeper, you suddenly become very reserved, so unless you open up in that regard a bit, I feel it's a bit unfair to judge me based upon the assumed picture you have of me.

                                                stevyy : You used to put on a bit of a drama persona in the past, but there have been moments shining through when I could recognize the 'real' stevyy , and based on the little I could see, I feel like you would be a good father. The German basic law recognizes the importance of marriage and family as part of the national order, so you're right in saying that the state has to ensure that getting children is something desirable.
                                                Let me first say that being a 'blonde, Germanic, blue-eyed family' is nothing to be ashamed of. Would you say that every 'immigrants are welcome here'? Germany followed a quantity-based low profile approach in its migration policy, while I personally, being a fan of the achievement principle, would prefer a quality-based high profile approach, e.g. by saying the x best-qualified migrants or everyone achieving at least x points from a points catalogue gets the ticket. That's not even racist because it would apply to every nationality, may it be someone from Sweden, Brazil or Syria. Of course that could mean that the average high profile migrant could take the job from the toothless hillbillies you loved to brag about...

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                                  InFamous : You're very open about your physical contacts, but once I've digged a little deeper, you suddenly become very reserved, so unless you open up in that regard a bit, I feel it's a bit unfair to judge me based upon the assumed picture you have of me.

                                                  stevyy : You used to put on a bit of a drama persona in the past, but there have been moments shining through when I could recognize the 'real' stevyy , and based on the little I could see, I feel like you would be a good father. The German basic law recognizes the importance of marriage and family as part of the national order, so you're right in saying that the state has to ensure that getting children is something desirable.
                                                  Let me first say that being a 'blonde, Germanic, blue-eyed family' is nothing to be ashamed of. Would you say that every 'immigrants are welcome here'? Germany followed a quantity-based low profile approach in its migration policy, while I personally, being a fan of the achievement principle, would prefer a quality-based high profile approach, e.g. by saying the x best-qualified migrants or everyone achieving at least x points from a points catalogue gets the ticket. That's not even racist because it would apply to every nationality, may it be someone from Sweden, Brazil or Syria. Of course that could mean that the average high profile migrant could take the job from the toothless hillbillies you loved to brag about...
                                                  Its not an assumed picture lol. Youve said it yourself. On numerous occassions.. Youve been trying to get a date since 2015 and still no luck. Looking for a partner. Still nothing.

                                                  Also youre a gay man , so is Rat Rihab and Stevvy. Where are all these children coming from lol ?
                                                  There is literally no logic or sense to anything that you say.

                                                  As for the bolded part. No comment.

                                                  Imagine being stupid enough to think you can pick and choose migrants based on qualifications.
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Sat June 25, 2022, 23:27.
                                                  " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "

                                                  Comment


                                                  • This thread is about politics. We can very well talk about our personal life situations e.g. in the general chat thread, but that would require the both of us to behave like adults, reasonable and on the same level. I would for sure like to get to know you better as a person beyond your occasional hook up stories.

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X