German Politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Imagine being stupid enough to think you can pick and choose migrants based on qualifications.
    Imagine that there actually is a point system in the UK serving that very purpose. Imagine that similar programmes have successfully existed in countries like Australia and Canada for a while now.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

Imagine that there actually is a point system in the UK serving that very purpose. Imagine that similar programmes have successfully existed in countries like Australia and Canada for a while now.
      If you specifically want to come for work. Which is different to migrants seeking asylum.
      " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
      Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Totally right. In the beginning, the talk was about asylum in the context of the Ukrainian war, but from that post on, it was more about migration in general.

Comment

If someone actually is in the position of a) being through with your education b) having a partner and c) not wanting children, that's where my understanding ends, sorry not sorry.
          I fulfill all of these conditions, so according to your logic I should be having children right now? Even though I don't have the time, the space or the desire to take care of another human being? It's like you have no sense whatsoever of what's going on in the lives and heads of other people your age. You're completely detached from the real world.

My partner and I have ruled out having kids in the next 5 years, if ever. What now? Since this is where your ''understanding ends'': Do you want to force children on us against our will? And where would these children even come from? We were both born without a uterus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rihab View Post

My partner and I have ruled out having kids in the next 5 years, if ever. What now? Since this is where your ''understanding ends'': Do you want to force children on us against our will? And where would these children even come from? We were both born without a uterus.
            How could anyone say something like what he said. I am also at a loss with that statement.

One last thing about kids: When I look at some of the parents of the kids that I teach, a lot of people should be required a parenting test / personality test before being "allowed" not get children.

It's one thing to force children onto everyone and then be able to actually become a parent in every sense of the word. I'm currently dealing with some of the vilest people I've ever encountered who literally torture their kids.
            My Chart

Comment

I fulfill all of these conditions, so according to your logic I should be having children right now? Even though I don't have the time, the space or the desire to take care of another human being? It's like you have no sense whatsoever of what's going on in the lives and heads of other people your age. You're completely detached from the real world.

This is the bit that I dont get. Hes talking about gay men having kids as id yall are gonna just pick these kids up at the supermarket or something.
              Like where are these children coming from exactly ?

Also Timz is almost 30.
              Last edited by InFamous; Sun June 26, 2022, 03:41.
              " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
              Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

How could anyone say something like what he said. I am also at a loss with that statement.

One last thing about kids: When I look at some of the parents of the kids that I teach, a lot of people should be required a parenting test / personality test before being "allowed" not get children.

It's one thing to force children onto everyone and then be able to actually become a parent in every sense of the word. I'm currently dealing with some of the vilest people I've ever encountered who literally torture their kids.
                100% agree.
                5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Rihab : Since this is no longer about politics, can I reply in the general chat thread? It would have the advantage that no strangers could read about your living situation unless they log in.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

This is the bit that I dont get. Hes talking about gay men having kids as id yall are gonna just pick these kids up at the supermarket or something.
                    Like where are these children coming from exactly ?

Also Timz is almost 30.
                    They will come from women who, according to him, shouldn‘t get an abortion unless they‘ve been raped. I guess in his mind it all adds up…

Comment

• There are 10 times as many couples interested in adopting a child as there are children up for adoption. Liberal adoption and conservative abortion regulations could be one option to lower that discrepancy.

Comment

Yeah, I remember those posts. They were over the top, I get that.
                        You're still the same rotten thang though.

Just much older and still unwanted / unloved.
                        DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                        98 - OUT

Comment

Rihab : Since this is no longer about politics, can I reply in the general chat thread? It would have the advantage that no strangers could read about your living situation unless they log in.
                          It's not like we're discussing my full name or address here. But I don't care if or where you reply.

Comment

It's not like we're discussing my full name or address here. But I don't care if or where you reply.
                            I'll do so in the general chat thread then.

Comment

• Germany scraps Nazi-era law that barred doctors’ abortion ads

Majority vote ends law banning doctors from offering information about abortion procedures

Germany has abolished a Nazi-era law that criminalises doctors who provide information about abortion procedures.

The governing social democrat, liberal and green parties, as well as the leftwing Die Linke, provided sufficient votes on Friday to scrap paragraph 219a of the German criminal code, which meant any doctor who publicly “offers, announces [or] advertises” abortion services could face penalties of up to two years’ imprisonment or a fine.

The parliamentary blocs of the centre-right Christian Democratic Union (CDU) and far-right Alternative für Deutschland voted against lifting the restrictions.

Lisa Paus, the minister for family affairs, described the result as a triumph that would strengthen women’s right to self-determination in Germany. “Today is a good day for doctors in Germany – and especially for the women in our country,” said the Green party politician.

The justice minister, Marco Buschmann, of the liberal Free Democratic party, said the vote had ended an absurd state where “any troll or conspiracy theorist” was able to spread lies about abortions over the internet, while medically qualified doctors were banned from providing information.

The legal change was criticised by the conservative CDU, whose legal affairs spokesperson, Elisabeth Winkelmeier-Becker, said it would enable “proactive advertising online” that would imply that abortion was an “everyday medical treatment”.

Abortion in Germany remains technically illegal, though women and doctors do not face penalties if the pregnancy poses a health risk, in the case of rape, or if the abortion is carried out within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy and after mandatory counselling.

Paragraph 219a, which dates back to May 1933, shortly after Adolf Hitler assumed full powers of Nazi Germany, was a further barrier. Rarely used for decades, it was discovered by anti-abortion activists in the second decade of the 21st century as a means to systematically target doctors who offer abortion services.

[…]

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...alises-doctors
                              Glad we're moving in the right direction.

Comment

• From March 2023 on, every citizen 14 years and older is going to be able to change gender and first name once per year - without the need of gender reassignment procedures.

Comment

From March 2023 on, every citizen 14 years and older is going to be able to change gender and first name once per year - without the need of gender reassignment procedures.
                                  kewl, I'll change mine to Robert-Mariah Welch-Williams-Father-John-Misty Carey
                                  My Chart

Comment

• Well, if it ws possible for Karl Theodor zu Guttenberg to have his dozen first names ^^ ...

Comment

• Why am I reading talks about increasing the number of working hours in a week?

These boomer politicans couldn't be worse and more clueless
                                      DUA LIPA - RIHANNA - THE WEEKND - DOJA CAT
                                      98 - OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                        Why am I reading talks about increasing the number of working hours in a week?

BC Germany doesn't have any young people anymore. Don't you read the news? Prepare working 80 hours per week until you're 85.

Germany is one of the most unfriendly countries for families and children. The media is actually asking people why there are so few kids and why having a family has become to unattractive for them... and it's quite embarrassing... because the list of reasons is as evident and in your face as the sun is hot.

.- not enough child care / kinderkarten places
                                        .- stagnant wages and salaries
                                        .- RISING costs on all fronts
                                        .- collapsing school system

What have they actually done in the past 30 years that truly helped families? It's all talk and no action... at least no helpful action.
                                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by aRat View Post
                                          Why am I reading talks about increasing the number of working hours in a week?

I give this exactly a 0% chance of happening under our current government. Maybe under a right-wing CDU/CSU/FDP coalition, but that's looking highly unlikely to ever happen again. And ironically, we have to thank the AfD for that.

I wonder what these idiots are thinking though. Most companies are already facing supply issues as things stand / are having trouble getting their hands on the resources necessary to keep up production. People working longer hours won't change that. They'd just sit around with nothing to do. And with an energy crisis on the horizon, people are far more likely to be working short time again, not overtime.

Comment

From March 2023 on, every citizen 14 years and older is going to be able to change gender and first name once per year - without the need of gender reassignment procedures.
                                            is this like official or a rumour?

Comment

• Originally posted by greek_boy View Post

is this like official or a rumour?
                                              official, announced by our family affairs minister

talked to (and danced with) her at a wedding a few weeks ago ​​​​​​​

Comment

• Poland demand $1,3 trillion from Germany for World War 2 damages in "reparations".

Any thoughts on that?

Poland signed multiple treaties before in which it relinquished its rights to reparations (1953, 1970 and 1990/91).

But now it claims that it was not independent when it signed those treaties as it was influenced by the Soviet Union. By that logic Former German territories could be "returned" to Germany as those treaties weren't legally binding as well.

Any thots on that?

Will Germany pay and will Poland return Former German territories (South-East-Prussia, Western-Prussia, Pommerania and Silesia + Gdansk)? Or is all of this just a hoax?
                                                My Chart

Comment

• With nothing confirmed, a few federal states are already discussing the reintroduction of the mask mandate - despite the pandemic being considered over in many (European) countries. Due to more indoor activities and the ongoing festival season, the incidence rate keeps rising, even though the vast majority of cases remain mild. More and more hospitals announce capacity limits. If you look more closely, many patients happen to be tested positive but are at the hospital for other medical reasons. They still need to be isolated, which requires intensive ressources. Medical staff shortage is severe - despite a mask and vaccination mandate for people working in medical and care jobs.
                                                  It's only been this week that the German president took a picture of himself sitting in a train without a mask. A few weeks ago, the German chancellor and the German minister of economy and energy travelled by plane without masks. It didn't take long until the mask mandate for plane rides got cancelled while remaining active (and in fact tightened) for public transport, e.g. buses and trains.

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy View Post

BC Germany doesn't have any young people anymore. Don't you read the news? Prepare working 80 hours per week until you're 85.

Germany is one of the most unfriendly countries for families and children. The media is actually asking people why there are so few kids and why having a family has become to unattractive for them... and it's quite embarrassing... because the list of reasons is as evident and in your face as the sun is hot.

.- not enough child care / kinderkarten places
                                                    .- stagnant wages and salaries
                                                    .- RISING costs on all fronts
                                                    .- collapsing school system

What have they actually done in the past 30 years that truly helped families? It's all talk and no action... at least no helpful action.
                                                    I guess they thought taking millions of migrants & refugees would at least bring tons of young workers for a few decades. It that doesn't even work, then the West is screwed unless the system changes.
                                                    Find me here:

https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89

Comment

Working...
                                                    X