Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Manchester Arena terrorist attack (May 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a tough one really, I thought it was a bit strange when I heard the news, what is the money supposed to be for? I wonder what it would feel like to receive it, it's quite a large almost life changing amount of money. I wouldn't know what to do with it.
    1 Groove Armada|2 Gjons Tears |3 Tove Lo|4 Jack Garratt |5 Sigma|

Comment

• The money won't replace the loved one, but it will make life easier for those left behind. Think about the two girls who lost their mum and dad as they waited to pick them up, they will at be set up for life now and it's the least they deserve.

Comment

• I'm sure many of the families recieve or recieved therapy and grief counseling. I don't know if UK government pays for that, if not, the money might come handy.
        Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Re: The Manchester Arena terrorist attack (May 2017)

I can't believe it's been a year since this awful tragedy. Sending my prayers to all the victims and survivors and their families. :(
          Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Feels like longer tbh

Comment

Yeah I definitely thought it was 2 years ago already.
              5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by spiritboy
                I'm sure many of the families recieve or recieved therapy and grief counseling. I don't know if UK government pays for that, if not, the money might come handy.
                It would have been available on the NHS. I think anyone involved in this would have had appointments fast tracked too.

The money means nothing to be honest. I know £300k+ isn’t a small amount, but I’m not sure what the families are supposed to do with it tbh. How can you enjoy it?
                M08T10

Comment

I remember exactly what I was doing at the point this news broke.

I still get a tad emotional watching the tribute videos to Martin in particular, who seemed to touch the lives of so many people.

A terrible atrocity, the worst the UK has seen - but how the emergency services responded that night (and in the proceeding days) and more importantly how the people of Manchester responded, is something I will forever be in awe of. For a short period of time, the whole country seemed to wrap its arms around Manchester and the outpouring of emotion and love was incredible.

Comment

I remember waking up at like 6am the morning after to a Guardian notification on my phone with the news and it was so awful to think not only had it happened, but it was in Manchester and at a concert. Hope to never have to see that again.

Comment

• I was also so deeply shocked and heartbroken when i saw the news coverage the following morning. Manchester really pulled together and i love that Ariana Grande has been made a honorary mancunian. <3

I was at the choir concert last night with a couple of my work colleagues and it was just memorising seeing so many people coming together to celebrate life. It's also astonished me how the lyrics to Don't look back in anger, Never forget and One last time have now taken on a whole new meaning. Terrorism is the worst thing in the world, it seems to have become the one thing nobody knows how to solve it. I'd start moaning about our government here but its wasted words. I just think if a terrorist has the sole intention of killing young innocent people, they're more than sick in the head.

Terrorism is like cancer but sadly there isn't a cure for terrorism, and its this thought (fact?) that angers me the most. :evil: :(

Comment

The thing that shocked me the most is that from that day on, concerts weren't safe anymore. It can really happen to anyone at this point.

I cannot grasp how it must be for the vcitims' families. I wish them all the best and hope that they CAN continue living with such tragedy.
                        My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by biscuits
                          Originally posted by xBFG
                          But why? What for? That's not going to bring those life's back
                          I understand what you're saying. I guess it could help with funeral costs and the loss of income. Imagine if one of the victims was the sole breadwinner in their family
                          How much was donated to each of the Grenfell victims families? :-?
                          | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

• Originally posted by Guru
                            How much was donated to each of the Grenfell victims families? :-?
                            The total value of donations and government grants was £26.5 million - assuming that's money going directly to the families of those who lost a loved one, that's almost £375,000 apiece. Assuming that the fund was portioned according to household, that's £135,000 per house (there were 196 families in the tower).

The problem is not the money - there's plenty - it's the aftermath and how each family has been re-homed (or not, in many cases).

Comment

• Originally posted by stevyy
                              The thing that shocked me the most is that from that day on, concerts weren't safe anymore. It can really happen to anyone at this point.

I cannot grasp how it must be for the vcitims' families. I wish them all the best and hope that they CAN continue living with such tragedy.
                              I get you but I had this feeling ever since Paris already.
                              2019 Year End Charts: The 20/20 Experience

Comment

• | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Working...
                                X