Kathy Griffin's controversial beheaded POTUS photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathy Griffin's controversial beheaded POTUS photo

[quote:ud74cdvr]It's not going to be a very happy new year for Kathy Griffin.
    CNN on Wednesday fired the longtime co-host of its New Year's Eve Live program following the controversial posting of an image showing Griffin holding the bloodied, severed head of President Donald Trump.
    "CNN has terminated our agreement with Kathy Griffin to appear on our New Year's Eve program," a tweet from the network's communications department reads.

Kathy Griffin poses with fake severed Trump head in the name of ‘art,’ skewered by the left and right
    Trump says comic Kathy Griffin 'should be ashamed' for graphic video gag
    [/quote:ud74cdvr]

Well someone had to do it.
    "King isn't overrated, your fave is just undertalented."

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo
      Well someone had to do it.
      Nah, they didn't.

Comment

This is just utterly outrageous, tasteless and disgusting. She should be ashamed of herself.

I like it that the Western society ain't behaving like Turkey, i.e. our presidents and chancellors aren't untouchable and they should be criticsed for their actions and if course, one can make fun of them and Trump is clearly in the lead of giving us material to laugh at and make fun of him but THIS shouldn't be allowed, tbh. - I am glad CNN took some actions.

What the hell was she thinking? This is not targeted at his policies alone but I am sure his wife, his children will be highly affected by this utterly horrible picture as well. It's like someone wishes that your father dies one of the most horrible and disgusting and brutal deaths possible and they celebrate it. It's something to be afraid of, tbh.

Damn, she should be ashamed! This has gone way too far!
        Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

I have 0 sympathy for Trump but that's a very bad look on her part.

She's annoying anyway.
          Originally posted by beredy
          When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

We see worse thing on TV everyday, just cause he somehow became president, who cares.

Comment

It was not that serious. There was much worse done to Obama. Y'all are always fake outraged about something.

Comment

Much worse was said and displayed on images about Hillary and Obama by rabid Trump supporters during the campaign.

Is this right? No. But there's a double standard.

Comment

Trump invited to the white house Ted Nugent who said he would kill Obama if he won again.
                  “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

Have people read up on what happens in reality? That photo is pretty normal for what happens in this real world.
                    I don't see anything wrong with that photo and her freedom of speech? Would they have preferred that she chose a UKMixers head then? It's only a big deal because it's the presidents head.
                    | Ciara | Beyoncé | Janet | Toni | Kelly R | Leona | Tinashe | Whitney | Brandy | Monica | Tevin | Mariah | Britney | Tamia |

Comment

Originally posted by Guru
                      Have people read up on what happens in reality? That photo is pretty normal for what happens in this real world.
                      I don't see anything wrong with that photo and her freedom of speech? Would they have preferred that she chose a UKMixers head then?It's only a big deal because it's the presidents head.
                      That's true, otherwise it wouldn't have been covered by the media that much.

However, I'd find it ourtrageously unprofessional, disgusting, pathetic and wrong if it had been Britney's head or any other human being who's in the spotlight having (young) children.

It's just humourlessly brutal. Freedom of speech is fine and that's ehy she can go away with it but there is also some freedom to take actions if someome feels that this is not right and I support CNN for its decision.
                      Mainshow Goes Diva: Kylie Minogue

Comment

While I think it's wrong that she got dropped from some endorsement and the New Years countdown, I don't see the point of this picture? What was she trying to say with it?
                        ? Girls' Generation ?
                        ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                          While I think it's wrong that she got dropped from some endorsement and the New Years countdown, I don't see the point of this picture? What was she trying to say with it?
                          That someone should go & kill him, I suppose?

KT should really be ashamed of herself.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamon
                            Much worse was said and displayed on images about Hillary and Obama by rabid Trump supporters during the campaign.

Is this right? No. But there's a double standard.
                            Agreed. During Obama's presidency, they had images of him hanging from a tree, posters saying that Kenya was missing its village idiot, and other horrifically racist statements.

She shouldn't have done it, but Obama dealt with a thousand times more, after having committed a hundred million less 'infractions' than Trump.
                            Your heart is coloured with the love wrapped in the brilliant blue sky above, the breadth of the jewelled oceans, and the pure heat of the golden sun. And your heart is home to the cosmic creation that is you.

Comment

Trump didn't fire her, CNN did

Comment

What's worse is that people didn't comment on those fake Obama lynchings, especially those complaining about this!

Obviously what Griffin did was wrong.
                                Please Stop the Music

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealest
                                  It was not that serious. There was much worse done to Obama. Y'all are always fake outraged about something.
                                  They ain't hear you sis. There have been dozens of times they hung replicas of Obama on a tree. Yes this is a bit far, but for the previous reason alone IDGAF. And I don't care about his ugly son seeing it either. His folks shouldn't have him able to see things like that anyway.

Comment

You go Kathy
                                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

i dont get the fuss about this. I don't think it's necessarily funny... or even meant as a joke rather than a political statement... and a very fitting one... the person who actively tries to destroy the planet (which includes the countries we all are living in)... is also at the same time killing himself...

maybe the GP would have understood it if Kathy had also held the beheaded Earth in her other hand.
                                      My Chart

Comment

If Kathy did this with Obama a few years ago, she'd have been fired then too

Comment

It's tasteless, immature and completely pointless.. Had she done that for any world leader other than her own, all hell would have broke loose. I am no Trump supporter. I personally don't find it offensive, I just don't find it funny, witty or clever. Fair play to her if she's trying to raise her brand because the world has talked for another 15 minutes about her, but no. Just no.
                                          This superstar in the making
                                          Tonight she's yours for the taking

Sarah Harding - Too Bad

Comment

Originally posted by biscuits
                                            If Kathy did this with Obama a few years ago, she'd have been fired then too
                                            Unless she worked for Fox News
                                            Originally posted by beredy
                                            When people see your post this is what they see:

GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by menime123
                                              It's tasteless, immature and completely pointless.. Had she done that for any world leader other than her own, all hell would have broke loose. I am no Trump supporter. I personally don't find it offensive, I just don't find it funny, witty or clever. Fair play to her if she's trying to raise her brand because the world has talked for another 15 minutes about her, but no. Just no.
                                              not true... Angela Merkel was shown decapitated in Greek Media as well as the German Minister of Finances (who is in a wheelchair) was depicted hanging (lynched) from a tree. I don't believe there was much media-backfire for it.

In any other president's case... it would have not been justified like in Donald's, imo.

He is making a fool out of the USA right now

He is single-handedly destroying the planet and future (mine and yours) by not acknowledging climate change and acting against green energy.

He is facilitating the racial divide in the USA and the world.

He is presenting disabled people as inferior and incites violence against all minorities.

He is denying children and women healthcare.

He is denying contraceptives to his population and currently working on banning them (which reminds me Adolf's "Children for the Führer" mentality.)

He is so moronic and none other president I could think of did so many bad things all at the same time and in such a short period of time.
                                              My Chart

Comment

I get that it's wrong, but all people are condemning it. Many republicans did not condemn the fake Obama lynchings etc. In all honestly, his son should be quite clear it isn't real - it's a press photo. I don't think two wrongs made a right but republican made that 8 years hell for the Obama family. Why are they so outraged now?
                                                ? i bloom just for you ?

Comment

Images like this endorse the idea that it's ok to use violence or fear to help you get rid of people you don't agree with. It's the tactic terrorists use.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X