Kathy Griffin's controversial beheaded POTUS photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carbon
    the photo was too much, but the backlash she's getting is ridiculous. that country is just messed up
    You make a bad joke and instantly you're fired, everyone drops your contracts and the FBI goes after you.
    It's not even funny.

Especially when the joke wasn't even bad, although she should've done it in a different way knowing she was in murica.
    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

Originally posted by DnBLover
      the photo was too much, but the backlash she's getting is ridiculous. that country is just messed up
      You make a bad joke and instantly you're fired, everyone drops your contracts and the FBI goes after you.
      It's not even funny.

Especially when the joke wasn't even bad, although she should've done it in a different way knowing she was in murica.
      that's America under Trump. I believe he has learned a lot from President Erdogan who fought a legal case in Germany against a German satirist. (he has lost tho).

But thinking of how backwards the United States are... I wouldn't be surprised if Kathy was sentenced to death or to a labour camp in Guantanamo if she should ever be arraigned.

btw can we have a moment of silence for integrity (RIP) and remember when Donald called for gun fanatics to assassinate Hillary?
      My Chart

Comment

Comment

I don't know why, I always confuse her with Katy Baker
          I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
            I will always stand up for the bullied. I will always stand up for the ones who cannot help themselves (anymore). I will always stand up for political satire.

Kathy Griffin did nothing wrong. She did nothing wrong in the past. She is a comedian. Her whole act is her interpretations of encounters she had or impressions she's collected about celebrities.

How anyone in the world, could hold anything she says against her is beyond me. That's ridiculous. I hate her because she made fun of Whitney (tried to destroy Whitney) is a claim I find utterly absurd and ridiculous.

The woman receives death threats. The president and the American government is backing this up and demanding everyone who knows her to abandon her or be fired from their jobs as well.

The American government is investigating a celebrity over political satire. That's what is happening. That's the abuse the American democracy has to face today. That's the danger. That's the issue we have to fight and fight WITH Kathy Griffin together.

There is no black and white in this incident because everyone who does not support her fight against oppression of art is a lunatic for me, a fool.

You can have an opinion about the image... but judging her is the worst thing to do when you simply have to look at her body language during that press conference. She was trembling, shaking and crying. The woman is as sincere and self-reflective as one could get.

So supporting the oppression against her is the dumbest thing anyone could do.

I have been a HUGE fan of hers in the past... and now I am becoming an even bigger fan. I will support her with all my power... and I will stand beside her until we've both been murdered.

Kathy, I love you! Stay strong. I have your back. I will stand up for and with you and I will fight for you until the bitter end.
            That was so tasteless! If she had the audacity to pose with such image, better back it up strongly. And now she's scared for her life?

If that happened to Obama, you'll be singing a different tune for sure!

Comment

Edit

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack
                I will always stand up for the bullied. I will always stand up for the ones who cannot help themselves (anymore). I will always stand up for political satire.

Kathy Griffin did nothing wrong. She did nothing wrong in the past. She is a comedian. Her whole act is her interpretations of encounters she had or impressions she's collected about celebrities.

How anyone in the world, could hold anything she says against her is beyond me. That's ridiculous. I hate her because she made fun of Whitney (tried to destroy Whitney) is a claim I find utterly absurd and ridiculous.

The woman receives death threats. The president and the American government is backing this up and demanding everyone who knows her to abandon her or be fired from their jobs as well.

The American government is investigating a celebrity over political satire. That's what is happening. That's the abuse the American democracy has to face today. That's the danger. That's the issue we have to fight and fight WITH Kathy Griffin together.

There is no black and white in this incident because everyone who does not support her fight against oppression of art is a lunatic for me, a fool.

You can have an opinion about the image... but judging her is the worst thing to do when you simply have to look at her body language during that press conference. She was trembling, shaking and crying. The woman is as sincere and self-reflective as one could get.

I have been a HUGE fan of hers in the past... and now I am becoming an even bigger fan. I will support her with all my power... and I will stand beside her until we've both been murdered.

Kathy, I love you! Stay strong. I have your back. I will stand up for and with you and I will fight for you until the bitter end.
                That was so tasteless! If she had the audacity to pose with such image, better back it up strongly. And now she's scared for her life?

It did happen to Obama something similar anyway, yet the right didn't care then because they didn't like him. It might not have been by a celebrity but you can guarantee those weren't investigated even though they'd probably be more likely to mean harm than she would.

You never take a comedian seriously, that's like rule one! Being investigated for something like this is ridiculous.

Comment

She may not be booked for any professional tv showings anymore. But she could still make lots of money through shows. It's not like she appealed to many Trump supporters, she's more appealing to middle aged liberal women, and I can assure you, they'll welcome her with open arms.
                  Please Stop the Music

Comment

Total hypocrisy on the Republican side. If they're so pro-liberty and free speech, so be it then
                    Waffles are checked cookies

Comment

Originally posted by GetBack

You somehow don't get the WHOLE debate! Donald Trump has...

incited violance against minorities

alienated the USA from all of their former allies, except Saudi-Arabia.

cut health care for the poorest and...

women in general and...

poor children in general.

left the climate accord on "a feeling"

All of that warrants the harshest of criticizm as ... the Republican Public does not deal with facts presented from other sources than FOX News and Breitbart.

It is a disgrace what he did and how he did it.

This level of criticizm would not have been justifyable in Obama's case (at least not in the beginning, however his drone bombing and corporate espionage on the EU does warrant severe criticizm of course).

The other part that you don't seem to understand is that the AMERCIAN GOVERNMENT is investigating Kathy Griffin - comedian - for threatening the American president and endangering the American Public over sth we in the west call political satire.

You can think of the picture whatever you want... but the whole witch hunt shows how dangerously fickle US democracy has become.
                      My Chart

Comment

Trump is the biggest bigot ever. How about doing something that matters instead of trying to show his "power" against civilians. I don't really feel shocked or thought about the photo for more than 5 minutes but the Government has taken this out of proportion

Comment

It's not even funny.

that's America under Trump. I believe he has learned a lot from President Erdogan who fought a legal case in Germany against a German satirist. (he has lost tho).

But thinking of how backwards the United States are... I wouldn't be surprised if Kathy was sentenced to death or to a labour camp in Guantanamo if she should ever be arraigned.

btw can we have a moment of silence for integrity (RIP) and remember when Donald called for gun fanatics to assassinate Hillary?

Uhm, that's America under liberal bullies. PC Police has fired dozens of people for silly mistakes, comments and slip ups, most of them probably Republicans. This is like the first time a supposed Liberal has got the PC police treatment and the outrage on the left is truly ridiculous. They invented this over the top sensitivity system so they better accept it when it hits them on the bottom as well.
                          BRUSHES WITH DARKNESS WON'T HELP YOU CREATE

Comment

Originally posted by ginnyfan
                            It's not even funny.

Uhm, that's America under liberal bullies. PC Police has fired dozens of people for silly mistakes, comments and slip ups, most of them probably Republicans. This is like the first time a supposed Liberal has got the PC police treatment and the outrage on the left is truly ridiculous. They invented this over the top sensitivity system so they better accept it when it hits them on the bottom as well.
                            but the liberals are mostly always right and on point, whereas the Republicans are not.

It is different to call out a bad person or criticize bad actions than...

inciting violence against minorities, trying to take away women's rights or health care or facilitating racial divide.

The Republicans made Obama seem like a fundamental Muslim who was out there to rape American children. They refused to work WITH him on anything ANYTHING that he's suggested. They refused to work on health care WITH him... all they did was to be ignorant.

That is why I think that only imbeciles vote for the Republicans. I mean when a lunatic shot some kindergarten kids and Obama cried about it, they ridiculed him. Whenever anyone utters the words gun-restrictions... Republicans run wild and plan to stockpile machine guns and what not.

Religious groups, like fundamental christian-doctors refuse to accept that there are homosexual people (or muslims) in the country. And there are almost always Republicans.

Now they want to hinder women to buy contraceptives and force them to get like 100 children.

Republicans are the most backwards and uneducated breed of people one could meet.

I am a middle-aged human... however, I grew up in a free country where I was taught that nobody is better than anyone else and nobody has the right to take rights away from others.

I dislike conservative people for this reason... conservative-nationalists... because their line of thinking has never in the history of mankind brought anything good to the table.

I treat conservatism as a mental disease if I'm totally honest. I for one would never withold help from a conservative person in need or children... however some US states have already implemented laws which kill people like me (or risk letting people like me die).

Republicans deserve all the backlash they could get.

When I discover that anyone I like (a celebrity) is Republican I treat them like when I find out someone I like is a member in scientology... I suddenly don't know them anymore and ignore their existence. However, Republicans cannot do the same to people like me... they are only happen when people like me are wiped off the map.
                            My Chart

Comment

America is slowly becoming the bigger version of Turkey
                              Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by spiritboy
                                America is slowly becoming the bigger version of Turkey
                                I'd be just like you; not able to leave even though I genuinely hate this place!
                                Please Stop the Music

Comment

I've been watching her A Hell of a Story documentary. The literal reaction to this was ridiculous in my opinion, and the way that it impacted her career is silly.

The way I interpreted this is that Kathy was making a statement that America has bled out and lost its head since Donald Trump's presidency. I wonder if it would be reviewed differently today. The fact that it was taken to mean that Kathy was posing a threat to Donald Trump is nonsense. I'm glad she's started to revive her career.

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy View Post

Very well put.

She did nothing wrong.
                                    Find me here:

https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                                    http://jordivanderwaal.tumblr.com
                                    https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

I am glad that most people here support freedom of speech but the problem I see with such discussions is that they always seem politically motivated. I mean supporting freedom of speech does not mean much when the idea being suppressed is one you agree with, would you say the same if the idea which is getting suppressed is one you don't agree with?
                                      jio CHARTS NOW: 19/1/2021: https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10543721

Comment

Working...
                                      X