Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Royal Family News: King Charles hosts first state visit with the President of South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC throwing some historic sound bites around - ‘End of the second Elizabethan age’ and ‘Elizabeth The Great’.
    Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• I didn’t expect that I’d be so shocked by this bc I'm not really into the whole royal family thing. But this is pretty sad. RIP.
      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Rest in peace and God bless the late Queen.
          Haven't been early since '88

Comment

• Don't know what to say...Shock

Comment

• Aww, the Queen. Shocking

Comment

• I can't believe she's gone. RIP

Comment

• So shocked. RIP.

Can't believe it.

Comment

• This will be a tough period for the UK. Somehow it seemed like the Queen was holding things together..
                    I am the maniac, I am the ghoul
                    I'm in the shadows in the corners of my room

Comment

• OMG I'm in utter disbelief. God bless, Elizabeth, God bless Britain. May she rest in peace.
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by Thriller View Post
                        So weird hearing “The King”.

This will make the UK even more unstable than we are.
                        Cringe a bit.
                        See The Mariah Carey Discography Rate
                        See The Report Card - Weekly Top Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                          This will be a tough period for the UK. Somehow it seemed like the Queen was holding things together..
                          I kind of agree, I dunno why, it feels like we have lost our Mother. I just don’t think we will ever have anything like this again. The rest of the royals are heading fast towards self destruction.
                          1 SG Lewis |2 FLO |3 Vlossom |4 SG Lewis |5 Inna

Comment

• Rather unexpectedly, I got very emotional when it was announced. I think it was the overwhelming feeling of a seismic shift in British history and my own growing concern about what's next. Whatever has happened in my lifetime, there's always been the Queen and it's an odd thought that she's no more. A true public servant until the very end, she did good on her promise to the British and I hope she very much rests in peace.
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• The King to make a statement, as will the Prime Minister.

I don’t think anyone saw the UK getting a new monarch and Prime Minister in the same week.
                              Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Oh it so sad and i'm not British. Rest in Peace Queen Elizabeth, one of the most remarkable women ever to grace the earth.
                                Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

• Originally posted by DnBLover View Post
                                  This will be a tough period for the UK. Somehow it seemed like the Queen was holding things together..
                                  It makes Scottish Independence a little more likely, somehow. To be honest I expect quite a few countries to formally announce plans to remove The King as Head of State over the coming years. Possibly some with the death of Charles, giving them approximately twenty years to debate and legalise such changes.
                                  Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• I don’t think I can cope with seeing Charles make a statement, imagine having to make such a public speech hours after your mother passed

Comment

• William becomes The Duke of Cornwall and heir to the throne. He cannot be automatically made Prince of Wales, but I’d imagine he will be.
                                      Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• 5.05.2009 / 6.22.2011 / 4.24.2013 / 4.25.2013 / 3.1.2014 / 9.13.2014 / 7.21.2016 / 7.14.2018 / 7.15.2018

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                          I don’t think I can cope with seeing Charles make a statement, imagine having to make such a public speech hours after your mother passed
                                          I don’t know if it’s a televised statement. I hope not, at least not until tomorrow once the flag is raised to full mast and he’s in London.

As sad as I’m sure he is, there’s a certain level of compartmentalisation I guess: he’s had over seventy years to know what is expected of him and to prepare for this moment. It doesn’t make it any less heartbreak for him, but you hear plenty of stories of people not surrendering to grief until an appropriate time to do so.

I don’t envy him.
                                          Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Is he even officially "The King" until he is coronated?

Comment

• Originally posted by SholasBoy View Post
                                              Is he even officially "The King" until he is coronated?
                                              Yes, coronation is more a formality and declaration to God. Edward VIII, the Queen’s uncle who abdicated, was never coronated.
                                              Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Downing Street has just called him King Charles III.
                                                Buy Girls. Bye Boys.

Comment

• Shocked about this!

Comment

• King? Already? I get it but it feels weird and I'm not even from UK.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X